+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
No test needed for me due to age but guess what, I've been in process since November 5, 2019 and still waiting.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Today, I spoke to agent and my file is still at Nova Scotia office. I completed citizenship online test on 11-Feb (Thursday) and until now ECAS not yet change to decision made or still not yet receive oak invitation or another step.

Today is 17-Feb (Wednesday) and as per the urgent processing time line from April applicant, suppose to receive oak invitation today. A few of the urgent applicant only need to wait 3 days for decision made. Let wait and see tomorrow. Finger cross.
What does this mean my file is still at Nova Scotia office instead of local visa processing office? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: dreamy

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Today, I spoke to agent and my file is still at Nova Scotia office. I completed citizenship online test on 11-Feb (Thursday) and until now ECAS not yet change to decision made or still not yet receive oak invitation or another step.

Today is 17-Feb (Wednesday) and as per the urgent processing time line from April applicant, suppose to receive oak invitation today. A few of the urgent applicant only need to wait 3 days for decision made. Let wait and see tomorrow. Finger cross.
What does this mean my file is still at Nova Scotia office instead of local visa processing office? Thanks in advance.
what is your timeline ?
Is your application urgent ?

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed

Mahyn

Jun 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2013
Doc's Request.
CC charged: 14 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
PER : 6 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
n.a
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Processing Started: 10 April 2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
28 July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 July 2014
LANDED..........
26 august 2014
Hi Admin @shazahsan @JuanDC ,

My ECAS is updated : We started processing your application on February 17, 2021

Family Application (2 Adults - Couple)
Physical Presence Days : 1250
Application sent: May 19, 2020
Delivered: May 22, 2020 ( Via Canada Post Priority)
AOR: September 30, 2020
ECAS updated with AOR: October 7, 2020
ECAS updated with Processing: Feb 24, 2021
Test Invite: TBD
Test Date: Jan TBD
Decision Made: TBD
Oath invite: TBD

Thanks
Regards
Mahyn

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
I received email for online test on 09-Feb-2021 and the email which I received is from DNCITSRYTESTS@cic.gc.ca and is this from Surrey office as I saw SRY in the email? I finished my test on 11-Feb-2021 and ECAS still showing in process until now (26-Feb). I am BC applicant (me and my child application together). Thanks and let me know.

MittiDaBawa

Jul 11, 2015
Hey guys,

I had applied for Canadian Citizenship in May 2020 and had received the AOR in Oct 2020.

In Mr 2021, I have received a letter for providing fingerprints citing section 21 and 22 of Citizenship.

My question is if anyone else has received fingerpritning request. Is this oart of the process or an anomaly. The letter makes it sound like there maybe a need to ascertain identity.

Here is the text:

"The Citizenship Regulations require that we verify that applicants are free of any prohibitions from a security and criminal standpoint. Section 21 of the Citizenship Act stipulates that no period may be counted as a period of physical presence during which a person has been under a probation order, has been a paroled inmate, or has served a term of imprisonment. Section 22 of the Citizenship Act provides that a person cannot become a Canadian citizen in certain circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your citizenship application was signed. Please visit our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/situations.asp to review details about the circumstances which could prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen. Therefore, all applications for citizenship are sent for a search of criminal records, using the biographical information on the application form, to determine whether there may be cases which require further review with regard to the provisions of section 21 or 22 of the Citizenship Act. Where there is an indication that a criminal record may be involved, it is essential to ensure that there is no error in the identity of the applicant concerned, therefore we request fingerprints to verify the applicant’s identity."

Any help is welcome. Thank you!

Reactions: smallpotato

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I had applied for Canadian Citizenship in May 2020 and had received the AOR in Oct 2020.

In Mr 2021, I have received a letter for providing fingerprints citing section 21 and 22 of Citizenship.

My question is if anyone else has received fingerpritning request. Is this oart of the process or an anomaly. The letter makes it sound like there maybe a need to ascertain identity.

Here is the text:

"The Citizenship Regulations require that we verify that applicants are free of any prohibitions from a security and criminal standpoint. Section 21 of the Citizenship Act stipulates that no period may be counted as a period of physical presence during which a person has been under a probation order, has been a paroled inmate, or has served a term of imprisonment. Section 22 of the Citizenship Act provides that a person cannot become a Canadian citizen in certain circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your citizenship application was signed. Please visit our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/situations.asp to review details about the circumstances which could prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen. Therefore, all applications for citizenship are sent for a search of criminal records, using the biographical information on the application form, to determine whether there may be cases which require further review with regard to the provisions of section 21 or 22 of the Citizenship Act. Where there is an indication that a criminal record may be involved, it is essential to ensure that there is no error in the identity of the applicant concerned, therefore we request fingerprints to verify the applicant’s identity."

Any help is welcome. Thank you!
A friend of mine works in HR and told me in recruitment it is called false positive and finger prints are required to confirm the identity of the person.

False positive: Other person with same name and date of birth has a bad record.

jethrokay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Interview........
NOT DONE
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Hi guys,

Is soon to expire PR qualifies for express citizenship application request? This delay is frustrating.

Thanks!

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi guys,

Is soon to expire PR qualifies for express citizenship application request? This delay is frustrating.

Thanks!
Your PR does not expire*. Only your PR Card does. And no, a soon to expire PR card does not qualify for express citizenship, otherwise almost every one would qualify.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.

If your PR card is near expiry, PR card renewal is a separate process and details can be found here.

*provided you have maintained your residency obligation.

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
I received email for online test on 09-Feb-2021 and the email which I received is from DNCITSRYTESTS@cic.gc.ca and is this from Surrey office as I saw SRY in the email? I finished my test on 11-Feb-2021 and ECAS still showing in process until now (26-Feb). I am BC applicant (me and my child application together). Thanks and let me know.
When did you request "urgent processing"? Did you submit your request after receiving AOR?

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
When did you request "urgent processing"? Did you submit your request after receiving AOR?
Yes after I receive AOR (Sept-29-2020), I submit urgent request on jan-15-2021.

Reactions: Calgary2014

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi
After online test on 11-Feb-2021, I received phone call 02-March-2021 from Surrey local office asked me about the webcam during the test as I explain to them and I used external monitor. She said, she will submit my case to case officer and wait a few more days to receive email for next step or ECAS: DM. Until now, already 3 weeks, My ECAS: still show in process and I still didn’t receive any email for oath from Surrey local office. I am an urgent application.

Any idea, why surrey office, BC delaying too many days to send out oath invitation?