Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
@abcdmud - Did you ever get your Notes ordered and did it give you any more details ? They still haven't requested FP from you ?
I got some notes from a request i did in March last week, no update at all, my file is still on "May 2020 Inventory Shelf" collecting dust for sure.
No news from Mississauga IRCC, nothing from my MP, and no luck getting a hold of IRCC on the phone either.
I also sent a webform end of March and they responded on Monday saying the same old thing about covid delays, but cmon covid is over and done in terms of workload. Its been over a year since an update on my online account, last update April 23, 2021.
I have not had a request for anything since i sent my documents in May 2020.
I do not know what else to do or who else to contact or call.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I got some notes from a request i did in March last week, no update at all, my file is still on "May 2020 Inventory Shelf" collecting dust for sure.
No news from Mississauga IRCC, nothing from my MP, and no luck getting a hold of IRCC on the phone either.
I also sent a webform end of March and they responded on Monday saying the same old thing about covid delays, but cmon covid is over and done in terms of workload. Its been over a year since an update on my online account, last update April 23, 2021.
I have not had a request for anything since i sent my documents in May 2020.
I do not know what else to do or who else to contact or call.
Understand your frustration and totally hear you - there is not much we can do other than wait. Have you tried emailing some of the offices directly using some of the email addresses in the forum and making sure your name and File number is on the subject line ?

esosam

May 2, 2022
Hi All,

I received the Oath in mid-may from niagra office. However, I have a planned travel in mid-june too and they replied that they won't reschedule for that. Is there any chance you can pickup the certificate similar to recent Oath in the ottawa office. If not, what is the typical time frame to get the certificate?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi All,

I received the Oath in mid-may from niagra office. However, I have a planned travel in mid-june too and they replied that they won't reschedule for that. Is there any chance you can pickup the certificate similar to recent Oath in the ottawa office. If not, what is the typical time frame to get the certificate?
Not sure if you can pick it up - Certificate is about 2-4 weeks by regular mail. Usually about 2 weeks. There is an option for expedited delivery but you have to meet and confirm the conditions

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Finished our Oath Ceremony on May 6th - Session was about 2 hours with 44 people - feeling is slowly sinking in ! Waiting on the certificate of Citizenship to arrive in the next 2 to 4 Weeks.
Congrats. Before the oath did the clerk ask if you have urgent travel plans?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Congrats. Before the oath did the clerk ask if you have urgent travel plans?
Nope - So the Ceremony is three parts

Part 1 - Clerk Confirms your ID / Address / If you are in Canada Etc / Cut up PR Card
Part 2 - You are in the room with everyone and the Judge who takes care of the Oath
Part 3 - After Oath they remind you to send the signed oath form , so they can send your certificate.

P.S We did ask about expedited Citizenship Certificate in Part 1 but were denied as we do not match the criteria/conditions.

Reactions: summaiya_t

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Nope - So the Ceremony is three parts

Part 1 - Clerk Confirms your ID / Address / If you are in Canada Etc / Cut up PR Card
Part 2 - You are in the room with everyone and the Judge who takes care of the Oath
Part 3 - After Oath they remind you to send the signed oath form , so they can send your certificate.

P.S We did ask about expedited Citizenship Certificate in Part 1 but were denied as we do not match the criteria/conditions.
many thanks

Reactions: Impresso

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Still no updates here. Test status changed to completed on Nov 2nd and nothing since then. I’ve tried reaching out to MP, contacting IRCC, emailing the office (Ottawa) inquiring about status, didn’t change anything. Same non-response about COVID-19 affecting processing times.
Exactly the same timeline as me........ so annoying!

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
New Online Status - CLOSED

It is indeed a weird feeling now i think about it, all of that preparation and anxiety to fill out the form with the hopes that we will be a Citizen in less than a year, checking online status religiously every day with a feeling of defeat , the restlessness to just ask someone or anyone for a single UPDATE, it all does come to an end.

It is the brutal wait and the lack of updates that really gets you to your bone. To all of those who are still waiting, do not give up , there are a lot of great souls in this forum who def are willing to help out with any questions, or just listen to your frustrations.

Now let us see how long this Citizenship Certificate takes to come through.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your citizenship application status
Updated:May 9, 2022

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.
Find information and services for new Canadians, such as
  • applying for a passport
  • voting in an election
  • 1 year of free admission to Canada’s natural parks and cultural centres

Reactions: abcdmud

london_ontario

Nov 15, 2015
Hi All,

Had my certificate 4 weeks sharp after the oath, they won't guarantee or fast track the certificate delivery...
Oath was March 26, 2022
Next challenge will be the passport, but here is the game plan:
You will need to go Service Canada at Upper James in Hamilton, one of the few offices that you can pay extra money to have your passport in 48 hours BUT you must have a trip ticket booking or an invitation to a course.... You could buy an EXPENSIVE REFUNDABLE online flight ticket, print it out and you will need it with the passport application "they accept applicants if they have planned and booked trips within 25 days, it used to be 3 days ONLY".
Go to the Service Canada at 5am in the morning and wait "roughly 3-4 hours". OR, some people have the folded picnic chairs from 11pm the night before to reserve the line up spot, go an sleep in the car and come back for 6am in the morning to be seen first at 8:30am first in the line..

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Had my certificate 4 weeks sharp after the oath, they won't guarantee or fast track the certificate delivery...
Oath was March 26, 2022
Next challenge will be the passport, but here is the game plan:
You will need to go Service Canada at Upper James in Hamilton, one of the few offices that you can pay extra money to have your passport in 48 hours BUT you must have a trip ticket booking or an invitation to a course.... You could buy an EXPENSIVE REFUNDABLE online flight ticket, print it out and you will need it with the passport application "they accept applicants if they have planned and booked trips within 25 days, it used to be 3 days ONLY".
Go to the Service Canada at 5am in the morning and wait "roughly 3-4 hours". OR, some people have the folded picnic chairs from 11pm the night before to reserve the line up spot, go an sleep in the car and come back for 6am in the morning to be seen first at 8:30am first in the line..
Sounds like a lot of Effort for a Passport, where one can easily wait at home to receive it. Again, totally understand if there is a legit urgency to get to somewhere.

MishaD

May 23, 2021
Just to verify - I sent in the filled out form they asked for during the oath ceremony - is there anything else to be done for the certificate?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Just to verify - I sent in the filled out form they asked for during the oath ceremony - is there anything else to be done for the certificate?
Nope - your status on tracker should change to complete and then you wait for your Certificate in Mail about 2-4 weeks if all details on your file including your address are correct.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Everyone,

After several unsuccessful attempts to submit an interest to sponsor my parent, I decided to do a major research paper for my final thesis on the current lottery system implemented by IRCC and recommend better policies that would factor in the duration of time that an applicant has been a permanent resident or citizen. Who knows if IRCC will ever come across my final paper and use some of the suggested policies. I have created a short questionnaire to help with the studies and will really appreciate if you could take few minutes of your time to answer the questions in the link below. Thank you so much for your time!

https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/YD6VJ8K
Please create a new Thread for your request to avoid spamming - this is your second post with the same request, which is not in context to this thread.

Reactions: harirajmohan