+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

ahrumpark87

May 11, 2020
thanks. one more question- i took photos on 25feb,2020 for citizenship application, today is May 27,2020. I will apply tomorrow. is it ok ? or do i need to take photos again?
I’m on the same boat. In my case, I just sent my application no matter what since I thought it’s still ok to be used.

HK6

Aug 5, 2018
Hi All,
I am applying tomorrow for citizenship, but i have a question regarding the birth certificate for my son, i have the birth certificate translated from a Lebanese translator in Lebanon I have the photocopies for the as requested , but i read yesterday that an affidavit is needed in case the translate in not "certified", and certified means that he should be registered in canada? she a sworn translator in Lebanon,...... let me know your opinion

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
thanks. one more question- i took photos on 25feb,2020 for citizenship application, today is May 27,2020. I will apply tomorrow. is it ok ? or do i need to take photos again?
I’m on the same boat. In my case, I just sent my application no matter what since I thought it’s still ok to be used.
Check out the photo specifications. First line of the "Specifications" section will answer your question

JuanDC

Feb 17, 2013
Application type: Single applicant
Physical presence: 1119 days
Application sent: May 14, 2020 (Xpresspost)
Application Received: May 27, 2020 (Delivery confirmed via Canada Post tracking website)
Added!

JuanDC

Feb 17, 2013
any idea howmuch delay in porcessing of citizenship due to covid? few months ?
It could be months or a year or even longer. Mine was processed for 1 year and 5 months on 2018 - 2019 sans covid. The last AOR issued, at least according to the spreadsheet, was March 15th. And I don't think they would resume anytime soon. I guess all we have to do for now is to wait.

JuanDC

Feb 17, 2013
My wife and I applied separately:

Physical presence: 1100 days
Application sent: May 13, 2020 (Xpresspost)
Application Received: May 15, 2020 (Delivery confirmed via Canada Post tracking website)

Physical presence: 1100 days
Application sent: May 25, 2020 (Xpresspost)
Application Received: May 27, 2020 (Delivery confirmed via Canada Post tracking website)
You've been added to the spreadsheet. Which one is yours and which one is for your wife? Do you want to assign a username for your wife?

JuanDC

Feb 17, 2013
Hey can you add me to the spreadsheet please and thank you.

Single application
Application sent: May 21st, 2020
Delivered: TBD
Total Physical Presence: 1109 days
AOR: TBD
Started Processing: TBD
FP Request: TBD
Test Invite: TBD
Test Date: Jan TBD
Decision Made: TBD
Oath invite: TBD
Done!

JuanDC

Feb 17, 2013
App type: Single
Physical presence:1170
App sent 5-25-2020
App received: 5-26-2020

Please, add me to the spread sheet.
Added!

How long did your process take and what was your general experience? For instance what kind of questions were you asked during your test?
It took 1 year and 5 months. That was 2018 to 2019 before covid. All 20 questions were multiple choice and were all based on Discover Canada. And I found the online practice tests very helpful. They are very similar to the actual exam. One thing I've noticed was that there were no questions about important dates, at least in my case. And the interview only lasted for about 5 minutes. The officer just asked for my passport and asked me a few questions, about my work, etc. Maybe he was just trying to assess my English proficiency.

K3n

Aug 20, 2014
Hi Everyone,

People are wondering about the processing. I wrote on another thread that I spoke to a ICRC agent on the phone who advised me that ONLY the citizenship applications were put on hold that too for the test and oath taking ceremony. Otherwise, processing has not stopped albeit with reduced case processing agents and reduced hours. Further, I was informed that the Citizenship test and oath taking will not start to commence virtually.

Regards
Ken

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

People are wondering about the processing. I wrote on another thread that I spoke to a ICRC agent on the phone who advised me that ONLY the citizenship applications were put on hold that too for the test and oath taking ceremony. Otherwise, processing has not stopped albeit with reduced case processing agents and reduced hours. Further, I was informed that the Citizenship test and oath taking will not start to commence virtually.

Regards
Ken
will NOT start to be virtual? ???

Reactions: nicolass

MontrealBR

May 28, 2020
Hello, Could you please add me to the spreadsheet? Thank you!

Physical presence: 1,394 days
Application sent: May 26, 2020 (UPS)
Application Received: May 28, 2020
AOR: TBD
Started Processing: TBD
FP Request: TBD
Test Invite: TBD
Test Date: TBD
Decision Made: TBD
Oath invite: TBD

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hi All,
Hope everyone is keeping up safe and healthy.

Anyone has any idea in relation to below question?

Does Citizenship processing time varies province by province ? eg. a person living and applying from Toronto will have a longer wait time than a person living and applying from New Brunswick / Manitoba.

Thanks!