+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>MAY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

sauravsharma

May 14, 2016
Guys please help, I raised a webform for update on my application and got the below reply,
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The background verifications are currently passed.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
What does the above mean, what is pending? I am closer to getting approved or not? AOR-10th May FSW Outland. Biometrics already given on 13th Sep. 91% progress bar with 16 days left for completion. What is security backgroug exactly?

Last edited:

kelangbac

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Guys please help, I raised a webform for update on my application and got the below reply,
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The background verifications are currently passed.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
What does the above mean, what is pending? I am closer to getting approved or not? AOR-10th May FSW Outland. Biometrics already given on 13th Sep. 91% progress bar with 16 days left for completion. What is security backgroug exactly?
Here is the link regarding security check
https://www.canada.ca/en/security-intelligence-service/services/security-screening-for-immigration-and-citizenship-applications.html

Three federal bodies work together to do immigration and citizenship screenings:
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
  • Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
  • Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
CSIS and CBSA provide security advice to IRCC to make sure applicants are not a threat to national security. They do not make decisions on applications. IRCC will make a decision on your application if you’re applying for:
  • citizenship
  • permanent residence
  • refugee status from outside Canada
  • a visitor visa
  • an eTA
  • a study permit
  • a work permit
  • a temporary residence permit
If you’re applying for refugee status inside Canada, the Immigration and Refugee Board will make a decision on your application.

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Here is the link regarding security check
https://www.canada.ca/en/security-intelligence-service/services/security-screening-for-immigration-and-citizenship-applications.html

Three federal bodies work together to do immigration and citizenship screenings:
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
  • Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
  • Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
CSIS and CBSA provide security advice to IRCC to make sure applicants are not a threat to national security. They do not make decisions on applications. IRCC will make a decision on your application if you’re applying for:
  • citizenship
  • permanent residence
  • refugee status from outside Canada
  • a visitor visa
  • an eTA
  • a study permit
  • a work permit
  • a temporary residence permit
If you’re applying for refugee status inside Canada, the Immigration and Refugee Board will make a decision on your application.
Have you gotten an email from RCIC to confirm your stay in Canada? My rcmp cert has not been reviewed since July. I don’t know how they can conclude the criminality without looking at my rcmp!

Jan 5, 2020
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I had a missed call from Service Canada this morning and I live in Vancouver. I haven't yet seen any updates on the forums about Vancouver offices so this is great news that they're opening up by appointment. The voicemail said that they will call back later on in the week to schedule it with me as I missed the call today.
For reference - AOR May 30, Inland.

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I had a missed call from Service Canada this morning and I live in Vancouver. I haven't yet seen any updates on the forums about Vancouver offices so this is great news that they're opening up by appointment. The voicemail said that they will call back later on in the week to schedule it with me as I missed the call today.
For reference - AOR May 30, Inland.
That is good news buddy. Happy for you.

Reactions: internationalnurse

przemekrebacz

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-06-2020
AOR Received.
17-06-2020
Med's Done....
05-08-2020
Share my good news. Got copr today. 3 weeks after biometric collection. Im inland cec. Aor May 28. I had ghost update last friday and i was about to call cic this morning but got copr in my email. So happy!
Congratulations ! what Visa Office ?

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Share my good news. Got copr today. 3 weeks after biometric collection. Im inland cec. Aor May 28. I had ghost update last friday and i was about to call cic this morning but got copr in my email. So happy!
Congratulations
When your criminality was completed??

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Congratulations! What happened exactly when you had a ghost update? received an email ? , Something changed on the website?