Misrepresentation:

Info Sharing: Complete Other Reqs: Not Started

It seems we are all on the same pace.

Reactions: asdfghj

Ihope

Apr 30, 2020
Hi everyone,
received reply ( used Web Form)
What does it mean? I passed eligibility?
“Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
Background in process,
Security not started”
AOR: May 15

Reactions: ya222

Saleemasif3088

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
“Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
Background in process,
Security not started”
Your eligibilty is passed. Your country of current residence?

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Hi everyone,
Background in process,
Security not started”
Lucky man
Mine AOR 15 may/joint application
Eligibility
● we are reviewing weather you meet eligibility requirements
Medical result
●You passed medical on 8th july/same day BIL letter
ADR (I gave everything ùpfront)
●Not required
Interview
●Not required
Biometric
●we have not received your biometric
BACKGROUND CHECK
●WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK, WE WILL MESSAGE YOU
Final decision
●Application is in progress, we will send you message when final decision is made.

In my account it says eligibility under review and at the same time background check is under process. ISN'T its true that they start background check only when eligibility criteria is met ?

Is it possible that I passed eligibility just not updated on my profile?

Murtuza90

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hello.I have been asked for RCMP document I am currently residing in India and was in Canada from 2012 to 2018 can someone please help me how to get RCMP document from India. @legalfalcon need ur assistance here please I have 60 days to submit this document

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
AOR May 15 inland PnP. Just got reply from webform, saying that my VO is in Etobicoke. “Eligibility verification as not yet been initiated”. Does it mean that they have not yet looked into my eligibility? So hopeless!

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
@legalfalcon : I have requested GCMS notes under the Privacy Act, although I am a CEC inland applicant under POST GRADUATION - Open Work Permit. I don't know how can I prove to them that I am an Individual present in Canada? Is it ok if I reply to the email with Open Permit copy & Employment letter to prove that I am already inside Canada? Below is the response I got today from IRCC.

Please need your expertise, please comment on this.

Thanks a lot!

Dear XXXX XXXX ;

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on July 30, 2020, for the following records:

The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerning XXXXX, XXXXXXX.

We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

(1) According to our records and the information provided in your request, we cannot confirm that you are eligible to submit a request under the Privacy Act, which requires that you be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an individual present in Canada.

In order for us to process your request, we require that you provide the information requested in ONE of the two options below:

a) If you are eligible to submit a request please provide a proof of your eligibility (i.e. copy of a Canadian passport, permanent resident card or proof that you are an individual or corporation present in Canada); OR

b) If you are not eligible to submit a request or unable to provide proof of your eligibility, please designate an individual who has right of access as your representative in order for us to process your request under the Access to information Act. In such case, we require that you provide all of the following information:

- The complete name and contact information (email and mailing addresses) of your representative.- A proof that he/she has the right of access (i.e. valid temporary residence status document, permanent residence card, citizenship card, copy of a stamped passport, copy of a Canadian passport)

- Your written consent authorizing him/her to receive your personal information.For your convenience, here is the new ATIP consent form:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp- A $5.00 application fee.Payment may be made by cheque or money order made payable to the RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA, or by credit card using the online payment service: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

If paying online, you must send us a copy of the payment receipt. If paying by cheque or money order you must send us a copy of this letter with your payment.

(2) Please confirm if your request is limited to XXXXX, XXXXXXXfiles, or if you are also seeking information pertaining to other individuals. If so, we require the following information for each individual:

- Complete name and date of birth

- Requested record(s) and associated UCI(s) and file number(s)

- A consent form authorizing you to receive their information

For your convenience, here is the ATIP consent form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Note that your request will remain on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by September 4, 2020, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please reply to this email with the required information, or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
360 Laurier Avenue W
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon : I have requested GCMS notes under the Privacy Act, although I am a CEC inland applicant under POST GRADUATION - Open Work Permit. I don't know how can I prove to them that I am an Individual present in Canada? Is it ok if I reply to the email with Open Permit copy & Employment letter to prove that I am already inside Canada? Below is the response I got today from IRCC.

Please need your expertise, please comment on this.

Thanks a lot!

Dear XXXX XXXX ;

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on July 30, 2020, for the following records:

The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerning XXXXX, XXXXXXX.

We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

(1) According to our records and the information provided in your request, we cannot confirm that you are eligible to submit a request under the Privacy Act, which requires that you be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an individual present in Canada.

In order for us to process your request, we require that you provide the information requested in ONE of the two options below:

a) If you are eligible to submit a request please provide a proof of your eligibility (i.e. copy of a Canadian passport, permanent resident card or proof that you are an individual or corporation present in Canada); OR

b) If you are not eligible to submit a request or unable to provide proof of your eligibility, please designate an individual who has right of access as your representative in order for us to process your request under the Access to information Act. In such case, we require that you provide all of the following information:

- The complete name and contact information (email and mailing addresses) of your representative.- A proof that he/she has the right of access (i.e. valid temporary residence status document, permanent residence card, citizenship card, copy of a stamped passport, copy of a Canadian passport)

- Your written consent authorizing him/her to receive your personal information.For your convenience, here is the new ATIP consent form:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp- A $5.00 application fee.Payment may be made by cheque or money order made payable to the RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA, or by credit card using the online payment service: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

If paying online, you must send us a copy of the payment receipt. If paying by cheque or money order you must send us a copy of this letter with your payment.

(2) Please confirm if your request is limited to XXXXX, XXXXXXXfiles, or if you are also seeking information pertaining to other individuals. If so, we require the following information for each individual:

- Complete name and date of birth

- Requested record(s) and associated UCI(s) and file number(s)

- A consent form authorizing you to receive their information

For your convenience, here is the ATIP consent form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Note that your request will remain on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by September 4, 2020, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please reply to this email with the required information, or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
360 Laurier Avenue W
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
You can submit a copy of your valid WP and Passport any all or any one of the following:

1. Your driver's license with address.
2. Copy of your lease agreement
3. Copy of your bank statement with Canadian address.

Reactions: Punsy

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
You can submit a copy of your valid WP and Passport any all or any one of the following:

1. Your driver's license with address.
2. Copy of your lease agreement
3. Copy of your bank statement with Canadian address.
Thanks a lot, I sent T4 slips, work permit copy. Now I will reply to the same email with the lease agreement where they can find the current address.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot, I sent T4 slips, work permit copy. Now I will reply to the same email with the lease agreement where they can find the current address.
all IRCC wants is your proof of address in Canada.

Reactions: Punsy

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi,

I received my GCMS notes yesterday. (AOR May 4, PNP-Inland).

The Case Processing Agent requests a review from the officer for my eligibility. (A 11.2, R75, R76). Interestingly, below, there are the results of his/her evaluation, and it seems that I exceeded the threshold for both FWS and CRS. As written in this forum before, maybe the review of the PNP applications are conducted more in-depth. However, the agent calculated my work experience less than I figured, but I am still way above the threshold. The only problem was the misinterpretation of my funds, which I will clarify with additional documents that I am going to submit through the webform.

My questions to seniors:

1. Do I need to send more information regarding my points, CRS calculation, and explanation of the work history to address A11.2, R75, R76 alongside the clarification of the settlement funds?
2. How often can we raise ATIP GCMS to track the developments? (Any potential issues for that)
3.Anything else you would recommend?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

I received my GCMS notes yesterday. (AOR May 4, PNP-Inland).

The Case Processing Agent requests a review from the officer for my eligibility. (A 11.2, R75, R76). Interestingly, below, there are the results of his/her evaluation, and it seems that I exceeded the threshold for both FWS and CRS. As written in this forum before, maybe the review of the PNP applications are conducted more in-depth. However, the agent calculated my work experience less than I figured, but I am still way above the threshold. The only problem was the misinterpretation of my funds, which I will clarify with additional documents that I am going to submit through the webform.

My questions to seniors:

1. Do I need to send more information regarding my points, CRS calculation, and explanation of the work history to address A11.2, R75, R76 alongside the clarification of the settlement funds?
2. How often can we raise ATIP GCMS to track the developments? (Any potential issues for that)
3.Anything else you would recommend?
To understand RR, I am re-posting my old post here:

Understanding “Review Required”
A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.
To answer your questions:

1. If the RR is for something specific as explained above, then you can send additional documents and explanation.
2. There is no limit on how often you case request GCMS notes. You can do it as often and as many time as you like. However, you should request your GCMS notes again after the previous ones have been released. If you request new ones before the previous ones have been released, then IRCC may just club both the requests and release the most recent GCMS notes.
3. There is nothing to worry. Just read the note carefully and if you see nothing significant, no need to stress.