+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>MAY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Its just a guess which is perpetual with the circumstances, they have more than 40k inlands waiting for biometrics, from the face of it, it looks like they have to waive.
I have the same speculation. However some people saying that IRCC will give timeline for biometric, i.e. aor march 20 to may 20 can book appointment when they open and next batch there after. I just hope they just fast forward whatever they decide because almost all from 40K are inland and verifying them will take lesser time than FSWs

Reactions: Sandhu8857

Sandhu8857

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I have the same speculation. However some people saying that IRCC will give timeline for biometric, i.e. aor march 20 to may 20 can book appointment when they open and next batch there after. I just hope they just fast forward whatever they decide because almost all from 40K are inland and verifying them will take lesser time than FSWs
Brother, for me,i dont think it would be possible for them to clear a backlog of 40k fingerprints, and by the time everything settles down, this number could even go to 60k-70k because people are still getting ITA and still applications are being processed, i think even if they dont feel waiving the biometrics, they have to, taking in consideration the circumstances, for inlands.

Reactions: Mzt2020 and ya222

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Brother, for me,i dont think it would be possible for them to clear a backlog of 40k fingerprints, and by the time everything settles down, this number could even go to 60k-70k because people are still getting ITA and still applications are being processed, i think even if they dont feel waiving the biometrics, they have to, taking in consideration the circumstances, for inlands.
I hope you are right and it is waived. They will return us biometrics fees when they approve application. Even though, Its the our money that they will return, It will still feel like IRCC IRCC approved application and get us 85$ for a drink :p

Pratikkalani

Apr 25, 2014
The biometrics are not on hold because of covid-19, the company Clearview AI, who used to do the biometrics have multiple investigation going on for their security. there is no further news. I think they should give us a clear picture what is going to happen. below is the reference if you are interested to know more.
https://www.biometricupdate.com/202007/clearview-ai-stops-providing-biometrics-service-in-canada-privacy-investigation-still-open

Last edited:

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
They do but not for PR applications. You can check on Service Canada website

Yes, IRCC doesn't want the PR and other applicants to go to the borders for biometrics.

IRCC: "Reminder: You cannot travel from inside Canada to apply for a visa or permit at a port of entry. You also cannot travel from inside Canada to a port of entry to provide biometrics in support of an application."