+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 TRV Timelines

wasky

May 22, 2019
Good day!
Just sharing the current status of my parents application ( offline ) TRV

May 15, 2019 : Applied / Biometrics done the same day
May 16,2019 : Link to GCKey/ Submitted
May 22, 2019 : Correspondence letter received / review of eligibility started.

But the Background check status still the same. I noticed that other BGC change to “not applicable” .So am I just wait for the final decision now because I already received a correspondence letter ? or i’ll just wait for the background check status to update to “not applicable” before waiting for final decision?
Final decision in a couple days. Good luck

Das@loc

Apr 24, 2018
My Spouse Timelines. Hopeful to get PPR Soon!!

Application Submitted : May 05, 2019
Submission Confirmation : May 05, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter : May 06, 2019
Biometrics Submitted : May 10, 2019 [VFS Bangalore]
Biometrics Updated on Account : May 10, 2019
Visitor Acknowledgement Letter : May 20, 2019 [New Delhi Office]
Correspondence Letter : Awaiting
PPR : Awaiting

mlingat

May 21, 2019
May 15, 2019- applied / biometrics done the same day
May 16, 2019- Link to GCKey / Submitted
May 22, 2019- Correspondence letter received / Eligibility review started
Okay po. Yung sakin nung may 3 pa po ako nagpass, tapos nareceive ko po yung correspondence letter sa biometrics nung 16, hanggang ngyn wala pa po ako update.

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Just an update: i got my passport already and its Multiple Entry good for 1 year.
Thanks to God.

My timeline: Philippines
May 10 - paper base application vfs cebu / biometric
May 13 - application arrived/ under process at IRCC (manila)
May 16 - correspondence letter/ biometric validity
May 20 - final decision/ trv approved
May 22 - passport received w/ counterfoil

Good Luck everyone! See you soon Canada

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Just an update: i got my passport already and its Multiple Entry good for 1 year.
Thanks to God.

My timeline: Philippines
May 10 - paper base application vfs cebu / biometric
May 13 - application arrived/ under process at IRCC (manila)
May 16 - correspondence letter/ biometric validity
May 20 - final decision/ trv approved
May 22 - passport received w/ counterfoil

Good Luck everyone! See you soon Canada
wow.....congrats.... do paper based application are processed faster? any idea

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Hi Myra,

Its as below.

Ap
Review of eligibility-- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results-- You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents-- We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview -- We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints--. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check-- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision-- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
This looks good! What about the messages in the bottom of this section? Have you received the Corresponding Letter?

It just shows below.

Biometrics Collection Letter 1557164246577May 6, 2019 1557210536737May 7, 2019
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission 1557065547120May 5, 2019 1558405987717May 21, 2019
Submission Confirmation 1557065576070May 5, 2019 1558405991570May 21, 2019

Did not get any letter after Biometrics Collection Letter. My TRV came in 5 days last year. I assumed it will be same for my daughter. Did not apply for her US visa as interview waiting period was 55 days so her cousins decided to come to Canada and spend summer holidays together. Now this, what a heart break for all the girls :(

May 23, 2019
Hello,

I applied for TRV in Delhi, Following are my timelines:

Online Application Submission Confirmation: May 8th
Biometric Collection Letter: May 9th
Biometrics Completed: May 11th
Correspondence Letter: May 23rd
Decision (Application Refused): May 23rd

I am currently not working, and my husband is a US citizen. My husband lives in Seattle, and he has applied for my US green card, but it will take another 4-5 months to process, and while we are waiting for that we thought of meeting up in Canada as my husband was traveling to Vancouver (2 hours drive from Seattle) for work related trip. For my application, my husband provided letter from his office regarding his business trip, his proof of US Citizenship, his bank statements (approximate balance of USD 30,000), and also the receipt regarding my Green Card Application at US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

I gave the reason that I want to spend time with my husband and join him on his business trip. Also, following is my travel history:

Nov 2015 - Dec 2015 - Singapore (Study)
May 2016 - UAE (Tourism)
May 2017 - Thailand (Tourism)
Feb 2019 - France, Switzerland (Tourism)
20 Apr - 6 May 2019 - UK (Tourism)

In my refusal letter, consular gave the following reasons:

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of IRPR, based on your travel history.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Is there something additional I can provide if I reapply to make my case stronger for all of the above reasons stated by the consular for the rejection of my application? I was thinking of adding a cover letter, sworn-in affidavit by me and my husband that our intent is to only visit and spend time together.

@Bryanna : do you think anything I can do to make my case stronger in case I reapply?

Last edited:

C.D.MISTRY

Nov 29, 2017
I and my wife has Canadian PR in month of Feb 2018 and we have done job in Canada for about 9 months. Now I want to take my daughter to the Canada on visitor Visa. Is there are any chances to extend her visa on basis of my son's wife pragnancy?Is it possible to apply from India our home country as we are in India.