Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
TRV from inside Canada:
Applied: April 17
Confirmation letter: April 17
Passport request: April 29
Passport received by CIC: May 2

No updates so far. Have a flight on May 23. Really worried :( hope I will receive it back by that time.
Btw, what is the next update I should receive on my cic account?
Thank you everyone!
This forum is so much helpful. Love it!

Is the online account updated with counterfoil and visa validity?

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Is the online account updated with counterfoil and visa validity?
No yet. Just saying your application was approved, we need your passport to make the final decision. And also it says we are reviewing your eligibility. That's it. All other things - "we do not need" or "not applicable". It's been only 3 days since they received my passport; I don't know how long does it take for message about counterfoil to appear on account.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
No yet. Just saying your application was approved, we need your passport to make the final decision. And also it says we are reviewing your eligibility. That's it. All other things - "we do not need" or "not applicable". It's been only 3 days since they received my passport; I don't know how long does it take for message about counterfoil to appear on account.
What does the VFS/VAC status say?

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
What does the VFS/VAC status say?
Where I can find information about VFS/VAC? On my account? Can't see it. This is the only info I have:
  • Principal Applicant: blabla
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): 00000000
  • Application number: V0000000
  • Date Received: April 17, 2019
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
    • Expiry Date:
Even though it is saying biometrics, I never received a request.
  • Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check - Not applicable.
  • Final decision - Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Is that a bad sign?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Where I can find information about VFS/VAC? On my account? Can't see it. This is the only info I have:
  • Principal Applicant: blabla
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): 00000000
  • Application number: V0000000
  • Date Received: April 17, 2019
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
    • Expiry Date:
Even though it is saying biometrics, I never received a request.
  • Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check - Not applicable.
  • Final decision - Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Is that a bad sign?
Which country are you applying from?

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
So you do not need Bios, that's fine. And how did you send your passport ?
Can you track the info?
Via Canada Post express service (as it says in the instructions, with prepaid envelope). I see that it was delivered. But tracking number for my return envelope is not active yet. I am wondering, will I receive any updates first on my account or no?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Via Canada Post express service (as it says in the instructions, with prepaid envelope). I see that it was delivered. But tracking number for my return envelope is not active yet. I am wondering, will I receive any updates first on my account or no?
Yes! Your account will be updated saying your passport was valid and visa validity and counterfoil will be there on your online account, before you'd actually have your passport in your hand.

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Yes! Your account will be updated saying your passport was valid and visa validity and counterfoil will be there on your online account, before you'd actually have your passport in your hand.
Ok then. I just hope some updates will be posted this week. I desperately need to receive passport back by May 23.
Thank you @myra20sharma a lot!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Ok then. I just hope some updates will be posted this week. I desperately need to receive passport back by May 23.
Thank you @myra20sharma a lot!
You're very welcome! You'll have it before 23rd for sure, if it isn't lost in mail, LOL!
Good luck!

Dhiiiraj

Jan 8, 2019
Hi guys
I applied for trv on 24th April from inside Canada . My visa get approved today. When can I expect my passport back?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi guys
I applied for trv on 24th April from inside Canada . My visa get approved today. When can I expect my passport back?
If your are in India and did a paper file, use your VFS tracking ID to track the passport on bluedart courier service, using the tracking ID in “ref. no” and not “way no.”

There may be a chance it’s not dispatched yet or the blue dart has not updated the tracker.