+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Timeline Visitor visa from New delhi Online application

RCDK

Apr 14, 2018
Hi, We had applied visitor visa on April 25, 2019 online from New Delhi India. Biometrics completed on May 1, 2019 and updated in system. have received visitor acknowledgement letter on May 10, 2019.

Review of eligibility: In progress;
Additional documents: Not needed
Background check: Processing
Final decision: In progress

Website states processing time as 13 days; just wanted to ask whether its counted from after biometrics date; if yes, its still 9 working days. We have flight on May 31, 2019. Does it look within timelines?

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi, We had applied visitor visa on April 25, 2019 online from New Delhi India. Biometrics completed on May 1, 2019 and updated in system. have received visitor acknowledgement letter on May 10, 2019.

Website states processing time as 13 days; just wanted to ask whether its counted from after biometrics date; if yes, its still 9 working days. We have flight on May 31, 2019. Does it look within timelines?
Days starts after biometrics done and its calender days now .before in past Canadian prossecing times was based on working days.

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018

The processing time doesn’t include:
  • the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and CIC office.
  • the time you need to give your biometrics.
CIC clearly states not to book flight tickets until stamped visa passport received back.
However, I guess you have good enough time with you.

Good Luck

Reactions: alexhocain

arenz_aspire

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014

Any updates?

Apr 23, 2019
हम ने 8 मार्च को अप्लाई किया था।अभी तक कोई
Decision नही आया

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Visitor application timeline for my parents:

Biometrics complete: March 29, 2019 (Friday)
Paper application submitted to New Delhi: April 1, 2019 (Monday)
Rejection email: April 8, 2019 (Monday)

Re-applied doing an online application this time: May 1, 2019 (Wednesday)
Correspondence letter: May 6, 2019 (Monday)
Passport Request letter: May 6, 2019 (Monday)

Passport submitted to local VFS: May 7, 2019 (Tuesday)
PP received at New Delhi VAC and is on transit to the IRCC office in New Delhi for processing: May 9, 2019 (Thursday)
PP received and in under process at the IRCC office: May 10, 2019 (Friday)

PP w/ visa dispatched from the IRCC office and is on transit to New Delhi VAC: May 15, 2019 (Wednesday)
PP w/ visa dispatched from New Delhi VAC and is on transit to local VFS: May 16, 2019 (Thursday)
PP w/ visa reached local VFS and was collected by my parents: May 17, 2019 (Friday)

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Visitor application timeline for my parents:

Biometrics complete: March 29, 2019 (Friday)
Paper application submitted to New Delhi: April 1, 2019 (Monday)
Rejection email: April 8, 2019 (Monday)

Re-applied doing an online application this time: May 1, 2019 (Wednesday)
Correspondence letter: May 6, 2019 (Monday)
Passport Request letter: May 6, 2019 (Monday)

Passport submitted to local VFS: May 7, 2019 (Tuesday)
PP received at New Delhi VAC and is on transit to the IRCC office in New Delhi for processing: May 9, 2019 (Thursday)
PP received and in under process at the IRCC office: May 10, 2019 (Friday)

PP w/ visa dispatched from the IRCC office and is on transit to New Delhi VAC: May 15, 2019 (Wednesday)
PP w/ visa dispatched from New Delhi VAC and is on transit to local VFS: May 16, 2019 (Thursday)
PP w/ visa reached local VFS and was collected by my parents: May 17, 2019 (Friday)
What was the reason for rejection , what different did you do next time?

RCDK

Apr 14, 2018
Submitted TRV online

Submission date: 25-Apr-2019
Biometrics done:01-May-2019
Biometrics updated: 02-May-2019
Visitor Acknowledgement letter: 10-May-2019
Correspondance letter: 16-May-2019
Refusal letter: 18-May-2019

My visa has been refused on ground of insufficient funds and no ties in residing country and non satisfaction that i would leave canada after stipulated period.

What to do now?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Submitted TRV online

Submission date: 25-Apr-2019
Biometrics done:01-May-2019
Biometrics updated: 02-May-2019
Visitor Acknowledgement letter: 10-May-2019
Correspondance letter: 16-May-2019
Refusal letter: 18-May-2019

My visa has been refused on ground of insufficient funds and no ties in residing country and non satisfaction that i would leave canada after stipulated period.

What to do now?
Sorry to hear that your visa was rejected, but it's not the end of the world you can definitely try again.
Quick question, did you attached a confirmed flight ticket with your application?

Also, in future when you apply by paper or online, make sure you buy a Travel Insurance from a reputed Canadian company (e.g. RSA, Manulife, GMS, Blue cross Canada), and then attach the proof of insurance purchase with your application. You do not need an insurance broker for this, you can easily buy it yourself online.

The insurance should cover your stay period/ days mentioned in your application. Even if it's not a mandatory requirement, it does help. And just in the worse case, you do not get a Visa, these insurance companies will refund you your money.

There are many mom&pop insurance companies also in CANADA, just avoid them, even if they offer cheaper insurance, because immigration officers are fully aware of the credibility of the insurance companies; and off-course do not buy it from your home country, buy it from a company with offices in Canada.

The other suggestion is to save more money in your account to demonstrate your financial stability. There could be lot other factors which might have caused the rejection, but at the end of the day if you are able to demonstrate that you are a serious traveler and are not intending to stay in Canada, you will get your Visa.

Please note that I am not an insurance broker, above suggestions were on the basis of my experience.

RSA: https://www.rsatravelinsurance.com/products/visitors-canada
Manulife: https://www.manulife.ca/personal/insurance/travel-insurance/visitors-to-canada.html
GMS: https://www.gms.ca/Plans-Coverage/Travel-Insurance/Immigrants-Visitors-to-Canada
Blue Cross: Just google with the name of destination province, Blue Cross Ontario....

Last edited: