+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Intake Students Travelling from India to Toronto

@Sumanth

Jul 18, 2018
Hello Friends,

Please advise maximum amount of cash I can carry. I am travelling from India as a student and I am carrying five thousand CAD in cash and another 5000 CAD loaded in my Master Card. So a total of 10 thousand Canadian dollars.
Please advise if i will have to declare anything at Immigration checkpoints(which I can). Would be great if I had a heads up of what i am going to encounter.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello Friends,

Please advise maximum amount of cash I can carry. I am travelling from India as a student and I am carrying five thousand CAD in cash and another 5000 CAD loaded in my Master Card. So a total of 10 thousand Canadian dollars.
Please advise if i will have to declare anything at Immigration checkpoints(which I can). Would be great if I had a heads up of what i am going to encounter.
You can carry as much money as you want provided you declare it. I think 5000 CAD is a bit too much to carry around in hand, especially when you are going to be roaming around the first few days. 1000-2000 might be sufficient, most stores do accept cards.

@Sumanth

Jul 18, 2018
You can carry as much money as you want provided you declare it. I think 5000 CAD is a bit too much to carry around in hand, especially when you are going to be roaming around the first few days. 1000-2000 might be sufficient, most stores do accept cards.
Thanks for the quick response selva.
As someone from India, which is the best forex card you would suggest. I already have a Master card from SBI and Federal Bank. Please advise.

AKSHAYCHAUHAN181

Aug 31, 2018
Hello Friends,

Carrying 5000 is way too high i guess u already paid tuition fees and GIC. It will be enough for u to carry 1000 or 2000 to meet immediate expenses as selvakk said most stores accept card.
U can also go for Thomas Cook forex card they provide best deals for students at good exchange rates

Reactions: @Sumanth