Hi, Please update ecas...
Oath letter received by mail : 24th Jan 2019
Oath letter issued : 21st Jan 2019
Oath date: 8th Feb 2019
Thanks all...

Reactions: jt021590

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
NO, the order is not random. The scheduling officer (s) in Sydney process the oaths as per some criteria (not publically known). However, this is my guess based on talking to a distant family member who was a citizenship judge before he retired 7 years ago. Applications are scheduled for oath in this order.

As soon as your test is completed and you have passed/failed, the file goes back to the processing agent with interviewing officers remarks. Sometimes the interviewing officer may be the same as your processing officer as they work on rosters. The interviewing officer is already working on other files and may not quickly jump to your file. Once he/she processes the file and makes additional updates on the file including your test scores and interviewing officers remarks, it is decision time. Some files are randomly picked up for a final check by the supervisors. It is completely random or sometimes the processing agent may request for a second look to ensure that no mistakes are made (very very few cases).

Now, all goes well and it is decision time. The CIC agent from local office updates the system as soon as the decision is made. Scheduling starts when applications get all clear from the processing office and a system entry is made. If a system entry is not made, no scheduling starts. System entry is not the same as system entry on ECAS. I am talking about internal system entry. Usually, when you see DM update on your file, it means file is now in hands of Sydney office for scheduling oath. Then, files are processed in the order they are received by the office. Remember that the system (SAP) auto assigns a date/time stamp as decisions fly in from across the country. This means that if Ontario has pumped the system today morning with 200 decision made, then they will have an earlier date/time stamp.

If you are waiting for DM and Oath, the delay may be at the processing agents end due to a backlog. Nothing to worry about.

Based on a lot of primary and secondary research, I have come to believe that this is the process for Oath scheduling. There are many gaps and there may be some inaccuracies and this is the best it gets.

a) Files are sorted by province and assigned to schedulers.

a) All URGENT applications have priority in Oath (province independent)

b) CIC wants equal representation of all ethnic origins in citizenship. Hence if someone has applied from a country (XYZ) and very few members of that ethnic origin are in Canada or have applied for citizenship, then they get priority in Oath. These files are processed next after URGENT files. (Province Independent)

c) Many processing centres process information for remote sites which do not have their own processing centres and people come over from a distance. These people are scheduled first and these files are processed next.

d) For those who files are all clear, the internal decision is made and the decision is not conditional (waiting for a final check on something), if their 12 months period is expiring from the date of receipt of the application, they are scheduled next.

* A conditional decision means CIC is waiting for CBSA, Tax or other information provided by the application in the application. It usually means that you have cleared security, criminal and background checks. CBSA information gets delayed as CIC has to data mine data provided by airlines to check when you exited. If you did not provide your PR Card during exit and only provided passport then it gets further delayed. It is a manual search for data (mostly exits). They also need to get entry data from US for road entry (which is used as exit data for Canada).
Scientist trained fleas to jump on command. Then he tore first pair of legs from the flea, commanded it to jump, and the flea jumped. He repeated with the second pair, flea jumped again. Finally he tore the last pair of legs, commanded jump, and nothing happened. He repeated the command, and again nothing happened.

Scientist drawn a conclusion - if you tear all legs from a flea, flea cannot hear anymore.

Possibility that the Sydney office is scheduling Canada wide oath ceremonies is slim. Possibility that the local offices schedule local oath ceremonies, and also handle the complete oath logistic is big.

SANAGhada

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hello everyone:
Application received 20 dec 2017
Acknowledge received 1 February 2018
Processing your application 12 March 2018
Test invite letter 2 October 2018
Test done 6 November 2018
Passed 20/20
Still no update news , I contacted cic Agant 3 weeks befor he answered all it seems good no additional documents required your file is done .
Now 12 weeks is passed no Oath letter yet

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
NO, the order is not random. The scheduling officer (s) in Sydney process the oaths as per some criteria (not publically known). However, this is my guess based on talking to a distant family member who was a citizenship judge before he retired 7 years ago. Applications are scheduled for oath in this order.

As soon as your test is completed and you have passed/failed, the file goes back to the processing agent with interviewing officers remarks. Sometimes the interviewing officer may be the same as your processing officer as they work on rosters. The interviewing officer is already working on other files and may not quickly jump to your file. Once he/she processes the file and makes additional updates on the file including your test scores and interviewing officers remarks, it is decision time. Some files are randomly picked up for a final check by the supervisors. It is completely random or sometimes the processing agent may request for a second look to ensure that no mistakes are made (very very few cases).

Now, all goes well and it is decision time. The CIC agent from local office updates the system as soon as the decision is made. Scheduling starts when applications get all clear from the processing office and a system entry is made. If a system entry is not made, no scheduling starts. System entry is not the same as system entry on ECAS. I am talking about internal system entry. Usually, when you see DM update on your file, it means file is now in hands of Sydney office for scheduling oath. Then, files are processed in the order they are received by the office. Remember that the system (SAP) auto assigns a date/time stamp as decisions fly in from across the country. This means that if Ontario has pumped the system today morning with 200 decision made, then they will have an earlier date/time stamp.

If you are waiting for DM and Oath, the delay may be at the processing agents end due to a backlog. Nothing to worry about.

Based on a lot of primary and secondary research, I have come to believe that this is the process for Oath scheduling. There are many gaps and there may be some inaccuracies and this is the best it gets.

a) Files are sorted by province and assigned to schedulers.

a) All URGENT applications have priority in Oath (province independent)

b) CIC wants equal representation of all ethnic origins in citizenship. Hence if someone has applied from a country (XYZ) and very few members of that ethnic origin are in Canada or have applied for citizenship, then they get priority in Oath. These files are processed next after URGENT files. (Province Independent)

c) Many processing centres process information for remote sites which do not have their own processing centres and people come over from a distance. These people are scheduled first and these files are processed next.

d) For those who files are all clear, the internal decision is made and the decision is not conditional (waiting for a final check on something), if their 12 months period is expiring from the date of receipt of the application, they are scheduled next.

* A conditional decision means CIC is waiting for CBSA, Tax or other information provided by the application in the application. It usually means that you have cleared security, criminal and background checks. CBSA information gets delayed as CIC has to data mine data provided by airlines to check when you exited. If you did not provide your PR Card during exit and only provided passport then it gets further delayed. It is a manual search for data (mostly exits). They also need to get entry data from US for road entry (which is used as exit data for Canada).
based on " CIC wants equal representation of all ethnic origins in citizenship."
does that mean applicants from India, china, iran have longer wait time for oath than others?

Jaybihar

Aug 19, 2018
congrats.

But many other folks here said they were told the oath is between now and june
Why ur is april
I m trying to figure out the order of oath
I have no idea. The interviewer told me since my application received on 2nd May 2018, therefore all the process including oath will be completed before 2nd May 2019.

Reactions: ALM123

Jaybihar

Aug 19, 2018
based on " CIC wants equal representation of all ethnic origins in citizenship."
does that mean applicants from India, china, iran have longer wait time for oath than others?
I called CIC this morning and the agent told me that scheduling of oath will be done by local processing office.

Reactions: Eagerbeaver406

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Hi,
Below is my application status:
1) Application send: 30 April, 2018
2) Application received: 2 May 2018
3) Acknowledgement: 9 July 2018
3) Application processing: 31 July 2018
4) Finger print request: 27 August 2018
5) Finger print done: 30 August 2018
6) Test invite: 2 January 2019
7) Test date: 22 January 2019 (passed 20/20)
8) Decision made: 23 January 2019
9) waiting for oath
Updated, thanks

sgill83

Sep 25, 2018
Hello everyone:
Passed 20/20
Still no update news , I contacted cic Agant 3 weeks befor he answered all it seems good no additional documents required your file is done .
If I am correct - it's been more than 1 year since you applied and you still haven't received your Oath yet?? They told me that they ensure that the process is completed within 1 year of applying. This seems quite abnormal. Have you contacted them?

sgill83

Sep 25, 2018
Very insightful and important information thanks for sharing
Does the oath only come via email or can they send it by Post as well?
Also, my status changed to DM on Dec 16 and I am a May applicant. Do you think I will have to wait until April? The officer who interviewed me said that I could receive my Oath anytime before May.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Hello everyone:
Passed 20/20
May I ask which is your local processing centre?