Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Hey Guys,

Just got to know my family PR card expires on February 12. My wife has a conference to attend in the USA starting on February 14 and we are waiting for oath invitation email.

What do I do - renew the PR and hope to get it issued before her travel date of or request for expedited oath ceremony, dont know if I can and will get that.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks.

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Hey Guys,

Just got to know my family PR card expires on February 12. My wife has a conference to attend in the USA starting on February 14 and we are waiting for oath invitation email.

What do I do - renew the PR and hope to get it issued before her travel date of or request for expedited oath ceremony, dont know if I can and will get that.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks.
One way is to apply PR card renewal on urgent basis with the reason to attend the conference. The other one is to cross the border by a private vehicle. As long as you can prove with documents that you have already done the test, and are waiting for oath, they will let you in to Canada from US. Moreover, they can also check the status when you enter. I have done it myself when my PR card renewal application was under process, and it was easy.

Last edited:

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
How do they determine the order of oath? By the order of DM or random?
NO, the order is not random. The scheduling officer (s) in Sydney process the oaths as per some criteria (not publically known). However, this is my guess based on talking to a distant family member who was a citizenship judge before he retired 7 years ago. Applications are scheduled for oath in this order.

As soon as your test is completed and you have passed/failed, the file goes back to the processing agent with interviewing officers remarks. Sometimes the interviewing officer may be the same as your processing officer as they work on rosters. The interviewing officer is already working on other files and may not quickly jump to your file. Once he/she processes the file and makes additional updates on the file including your test scores and interviewing officers remarks, it is decision time. Some files are randomly picked up for a final check by the supervisors. It is completely random or sometimes the processing agent may request for a second look to ensure that no mistakes are made (very very few cases).

Now, all goes well and it is decision time. The CIC agent from local office updates the system as soon as the decision is made. Scheduling starts when applications get all clear from the processing office and a system entry is made. If a system entry is not made, no scheduling starts. System entry is not the same as system entry on ECAS. I am talking about internal system entry. Usually, when you see DM update on your file, it means file is now in hands of Sydney office for scheduling oath. Then, files are processed in the order they are received by the office. Remember that the system (SAP) auto assigns a date/time stamp as decisions fly in from across the country. This means that if Ontario has pumped the system today morning with 200 decision made, then they will have an earlier date/time stamp.

If you are waiting for DM and Oath, the delay may be at the processing agents end due to a backlog. Nothing to worry about.

Based on a lot of primary and secondary research, I have come to believe that this is the process for Oath scheduling. There are many gaps and there may be some inaccuracies and this is the best it gets.

a) Files are sorted by province and assigned to schedulers.

a) All URGENT applications have priority in Oath (province independent)

b) CIC wants equal representation of all ethnic origins in citizenship. Hence if someone has applied from a country (XYZ) and very few members of that ethnic origin are in Canada or have applied for citizenship, then they get priority in Oath. These files are processed next after URGENT files. (Province Independent)

c) Many processing centres process information for remote sites which do not have their own processing centres and people come over from a distance. These people are scheduled first and these files are processed next.

d) For those who files are all clear, the internal decision is made and the decision is not conditional (waiting for a final check on something), if their 12 months period is expiring from the date of receipt of the application, they are scheduled next.

* A conditional decision means CIC is waiting for CBSA, Tax or other information provided by the application in the application. It usually means that you have cleared security, criminal and background checks. CBSA information gets delayed as CIC has to data mine data provided by airlines to check when you exited. If you did not provide your PR Card during exit and only provided passport then it gets further delayed. It is a manual search for data (mostly exits). They also need to get entry data from US for road entry (which is used as exit data for Canada).

Last edited:

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
No, the order is not random. The CIC agent from local office updates the system as soon as the decision is made. The scheduling officer (s) in Sydney process the oaths as per some criteria (not publically know). However, this is my guess based on talking to a distant family member who was a citizenship judge before he retired. Applications are scheduled for oath in this order.

Scheduling starts when applications get all clear from the processing office and a system entry is made. If a system entry is not made, no scheduling starts. Usually, when you see DM update on your file, it means file is now in hands of Sydney office for scheduling oath. Then, files are processed in this order.

a) All URGENT applications have priority in Oath.

b) CIC wants equal representation of all ethnic origins in citizenship. Hence if someone has applied from a country (XYZ) and very few members of that ethnic origin are in Canada or have applied for citizenship, then they get priority in Oath. These files are processed next.

c) Many processing centres process information and people come over from a distance. These people are scheduled first and these files are processed next.

d) For those who files are all clear, the decision is made and the decision is not conditional (waiting for a final check on something), if their 12 months period is expiring from the date of receipt of the application, they are scheduled next.
Very insightful and important information thanks for sharing

Reactions: jangotrick

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
No, the order is not random. The CIC agent from local office updates the system as soon as the decision is made. The scheduling officer (s) in Sydney process the oaths as per some criteria (not publically know). However, this is my guess based on talking to a distant family member who was a citizenship judge before he retired. Applications are scheduled for oath in this order.

Scheduling starts when applications get all clear from the processing office and a system entry is made. If a system entry is not made, no scheduling starts. Usually, when you see DM update on your file, it means file is now in hands of Sydney office for scheduling oath. Then, files are processed in this order.

a) All URGENT applications have priority in Oath.

b) CIC wants equal representation of all ethnic origins in citizenship. Hence if someone has applied from a country (XYZ) and very few members of that ethnic origin are in Canada or have applied for citizenship, then they get priority in Oath. These files are processed next.

c) Many processing centres process information and people come over from a distance. These people are scheduled first and these files are processed next.

d) For those who files are all clear, the decision is made and the decision is not conditional (waiting for a final check on something), if their 12 months period is expiring from the date of receipt of the application, they are scheduled next.
Just wondering if your ECAS showing decision made is that decision made conditional or does it mean evebeything is clear and just waiting for the oath to be scheduled, sorry I am asking all these questions because I’m just having negative thoughts so I need little bit of clarification thanks jangotrick

Ninjashadow

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Finally my file is at the Local VO Scarborough after 3 months of wait.

Still waiting for my new test date.

Please update line # 62

Thank You

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Just wondering if your ECAS showing decision made is that decision made conditional or does it mean evebeything is clear and just waiting for the oath to be scheduled, sorry I am asking all these questions because I’m just having negative thoughts so I need little bit of clarification thanks jangotrick
He answers that here:

Thank you for this information, @jangotrick ! Here's to hoping my ethnicity is underrepresented in Vancouver! haha

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Just wondering if your ECAS showing decision made is that decision made conditional or does it mean everything is clear and just waiting for the oath to be scheduled, sorry I am asking all these questions because I’m just having negative thoughts so I need little bit of clarification thanks jangotrick
From what I have read, the scheduling for oath happens much before the status shows as DM. If status shows as DM, it usually means all clear. I also know that 48 hours before the oath, any interim conviction or capital crime arrests of those on oath list have to be reported to CIC.

The decision made I am talking about is a local decision made that may come with a conditional document request. If this happens, you will NOT see an ECAS system entry. It is just that the status will not shift to DM. Also, note that the additional request is routine like CBSA entry and exit records or tax information. If you have reached the test stage, security, backgrounds and criminal checks are clear. CIC agents are verifying information given in your application provided by you.

It is passive within the system. If your file shows DM, it is good to go. The result is all dependent on when the agent made a system entry that all is clear. So, that creates a backlog.

Last edited:

Lionhearted

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
From what I have read, the scheduling for oath happens much before the status shows as DM. If status shows as DM, it usually means all clear. I also know that 48 hours before the oath, any interim conviction or capital crime arrests of those on oath list have to be reported to CIC.

The decision made I am talking about is a local decision made that may come with a conditional document request. If this happens, you will see an ECAS system entry. It is passive within the system. If your file shows DM, it is good to go. The result is all dependent on when the agent made a system entry that all is clear. So, that creates a backlog.
Thank you brother, you are very kind and helpful thanks once again

Jaybihar

Aug 19, 2018
Hi,
Below is my application status:
1) Application send: 30 April, 2018
2) Application received: 2 May 2018
3) Acknowledgement: 9 July 2018
3) Application processing: 31 July 2018
4) Finger print request: 27 August 2018
5) Finger print done: 30 August 2018
6) Test invite: 2 January 2019
7) Test date: 22 January 2019 (passed 20/20)
8) Decision made: 23 January 2019
9) waiting for oath

Reactions: iamluz

Jaybihar

Aug 19, 2018
Hi,
Below is my application status:
1) Application send: 30 April, 2018
2) Application received: 2 May 2018
3) Acknowledgement: 9 July 2018
3) Application processing: 31 July 2018
4) Finger print request: 27 August 2018
5) Finger print done: 30 August 2018
6) Test invite: 2 January 2019
7) Test date: 22 January 2019 (passed 20/20)
8) Decision made: 23 January 2019
9) waiting for oath
My application is processing at Scarborough office