Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
09-10-2014
Med's Request
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2015 ( 3rd line update: 12-May-2015)
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Decision Made:25 July 2015, PPR: 29 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-2015, pp sent: 30-july, pp received: 12 aug
LANDED..........
15-Aug-2015
Need help:
I called CIC for child's citizenship application documents requirement. Other than passport bio page, they need one more photo identification- which could be either health card or school report card. Health card in ontario does not have photo on it. Called service ontario and they simply said no. School report card also do not have photo id.
What are the options? CIC CSA said that they are not officer and can't decide. Agree, but they are just providing same info what is available on website. PR card is not acceptable.

Any applicant in same situation?

Also I inquired about my application and its still at case processing centre and not transferred to local office.

Thanks

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
To Shah 81

Two (2) pieces of personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show the name and date of birth of the minor. One must have the minor’s photo on it.

Examples include:

• Identity card issued by a provincial/territorial/federal government
  • Social services card
  • a Canadian driver’s licence
  • a Canadian health insurance card
  • School ID card
  • a copy of the biographical page of a passport/travel document, etc.
You need only one photo ID

The requirement says one photo id (include passport that has photo on it) and include second Id which could be a non photo one that has name and date of birth on it, example school record or health card

shah81

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
09-10-2014
Med's Request
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2015 ( 3rd line update: 12-May-2015)
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Decision Made:25 July 2015, PPR: 29 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-2015, pp sent: 30-july, pp received: 12 aug
LANDED..........
15-Aug-2015
To Shah 81

Two (2) pieces of personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show the name and date of birth of the minor. One must have the minor’s photo on it.

Examples include:

• Identity card issued by a provincial/territorial/federal government
  • Social services card
  • a Canadian driver’s licence
  • a Canadian health insurance card
  • School ID card
  • a copy of the biographical page of a passport/travel document, etc.
You need only one photo ID

The requirement says one photo id (include passport that has photo on it) and include second Id which could be a non photo one that has name and date of birth on it, example school record or health card
This is what it says on website:

1. Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Documents of the child

The biographical page means the page where it has your child’s name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents of your child (valid and cancelled) for the relevant five (5) year period immediately before the date of your application or since the child became a permanent resident. If the child was included in the passport(s) of one of the parents, provide copies of that passport(s)

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel documents.

Note: If any of these documents are no longer in your possession, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 9C on the application form.

Note: If there are any gaps in time between the validity periods of the child’s passports or travel documents during the past five (5) years, or since the child became a permanent resident if the child became a permanent resident within the past five years, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 9D.

2. Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:
    • school record
    • health insurance card
    If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:
    • a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
    • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
    Format: Clear and legible photocopy

Note: You cannot use your child’s permanent resident card as identification.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
If you have passport for minor then you can repeat that for personal identification too.
In case you don't have passport then write explanation letter explaining your problem with file.

angelfyr

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-05-2012
What is your current county passport holder? and did you visited any countries after landed in Canada? if yes then like less or more trips?

Asking to understand that CIC process: if an applicant had visited then processing time is normal/varies but none visited then like you - very fast file to clear.
Philippines and yes, I’ve visited other countries during my landed status. I just waited for the rule to change back to 3 out of 5 years before applying so I have more days than the physical requirement.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
This is what it says on website:

1. Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Documents of the child

The biographical page means the page where it has your child’s name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents of your child (valid and cancelled) for the relevant five (5) year period immediately before the date of your application or since the child became a permanent resident. If the child was included in the passport(s) of one of the parents, provide copies of that passport(s)

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel documents.

Note: If any of these documents are no longer in your possession, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 9C on the application form.

Note: If there are any gaps in time between the validity periods of the child’s passports or travel documents during the past five (5) years, or since the child became a permanent resident if the child became a permanent resident within the past five years, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 9D.

2. Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:
    • school record
    • health insurance card
    If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:
    • a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
    • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
    Format: Clear and legible photocopy

Note: You cannot use your child’s permanent resident card as identification.

Have you tried to get a provincial ID Card. Based on the age of the child, you may be able to get a provincial photo ID Card from the registry. Go and talk to them. They may be able to help.

Or ask the school if they can help with a stamped photo document which you can get notarized from registry.

erfan1985

Feb 10, 2013
Yeah, they check your passport and see if what you put in the travel history is correct.
What if your dating stamps are not in English? Should I have translated docs with me on the test day? Should I have my old passport with me on the test day too? all of my eligibility period is in the old passport. Even if they dont ask for these?

angelfyr

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-05-2012
What if your dating stamps are not in English? Should I have translated docs with me on the test day? Should I have my old passport with me on the test day too? all of my eligibility period is in the old passport. Even if they dont ask for these?
You need to bring all your passports you entered in the eligibility period whether its expired or not and other travel documents you submitted with the application. They will ask for your passports.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Before they call for you for interview they will ask you for certified translations if they require it. You should carry all documents in original that you submitted in the application.

erfan1985

Feb 10, 2013
Before they call for you for interview they will ask you for certified translations if they require it. You should carry all documents in original that you submitted in the application.
But this is only when they ask for interview? cuz not every one is interviewed. I m asking only about the test date. Do I need to have all of the submitted docs and translations by default?

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
But this is only when they ask for interview? cuz not every one is interviewed. I m asking only about the test date. Do I need to have all of the submitted docs and translations by default?
Everyone will meet the service agent after the test. That is where they will check your documents. If they need clarification before the test they will send you request for additional documents.

erfan1985

Feb 10, 2013
Everyone will meet the service agent after the test. That is where they will check your documents. If they need clarification before the test they will send you request for additional documents.
ok, but they dont have copies of entry and exit stamps on passport. this was not required to send at the time of application. so they dont know that those stamps are not in English and most likely wont ask for any translation. do i have translated stamps for the test date? or only if they specifically ask for them?

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
ok, but they dont have copies of entry and exit stamps on passport. this was not required to send at the time of application. so they dont know that those stamps are not in English and most likely wont ask for any translation. do i have translated stamps for the test date? or only if they specifically ask for them?
Do not worry. They will check and if they find anything missing they will send you a letter to bring along translation of specific pages or whole pages which are not in English. I was on a Facebook page of Apna Toronto and there someone discussed that they were asked for translation. Not everyone is asked for translation. If they get your exit and entry periods from CBSA for Canada (from flight manifests and entry logs), they will not probably bother. Do not submit or show something that they do not ask for. You will confuse them and create delays in your application.

Reactions: erfan1985

Kya123

Aug 21, 2018
Hi i need help please! I sent my application since May 22nd and it has been received since May 24th. so far I have not received an AOR. I called they told me they created a ticket and I filled out a web form on Thursday. should I consider my request as lost and send a new request. thank you in advance

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hi i need help please! I sent my application since May 22nd and it has been received since May 24th. so far I have not received an AOR. I called they told me they created a ticket and I filled out a web form on Thursday. should I consider my request as lost and send a new request. thank you in advance

Your file is not lost. The processing is slow and it is taking anywhere from 18 days to 86 days to receive AOR. Now the service agent has created a service ticket, you should get your AOR soon. Do not send another application. It will delay your processing.

Reactions: Kya123