+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

roopa2018

Nov 23, 2018
On other threads about the newly introduced progress bar, people are saying it didn't show up on their application page. Some of them have it and it only shows that the estimate for their decision is exactly 6 months after their AOR :/

So disappointing after thinking this could at least be something to look forward to. As somebody mentioned on this thread - this is affecting people's lives, and after we pay large amounts we don't have any info what is going on. After ordering GCMS notes I saw some stuff was under review so I acted to get new documents, but I bet that is under review for months and if they could only just let us know on time what they need, we could have got new information for them.

Kinda losing hope, but trying to stay positive. Even considering other options. Anybody know any way easy way to work in the States besides marriage? :D

P.B.

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
On other threads about the newly introduced progress bar, people are saying it didn't show up on their application page. Some of them have it and it only shows that the estimate for their decision is exactly 6 months after their AOR :/

So disappointing after thinking this could at least be something to look forward to. As somebody mentioned on this thread - this is affecting people's lives, and after we pay large amounts we don't have any info what is going on. After ordering GCMS notes I saw some stuff was under review so I acted to get new documents, but I bet that is under review for months and if they could only just let us know on time what they need, we could have got new information for them.

Kinda losing hope, but trying to stay positive. Even considering other options. Anybody know any way easy way to work in the States besides marriage? :D
:p:D

Yesterday, I received the email regarding the progress bar being available, but I don’t see it on my account :cool:
:oops:I don’t think they are going to showcase the progress bars for people like us who have crossed 7 months :eek:o_O

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017

Hang on tight ! U almost there ..

Reactions: P.B.

Cj11

Oct 21, 2018
Hi there,
My AOR is 8 May 2018. Medicals logged as 'passed' soon after.
On 17 May, I received an additional document request, which I sent on two days later. The document was to clarify previous travel dates to Germany.
In my CIC account, eligibility, additional docs and final decision have been 'under review' for as long as I can remember. The same applies to background check ('processing'). I paid the right of residency fee up front.
During the first week of November, I found out that my application is with the London visa office, 'awaiting final review by an officer'. I got the same response a month later.
According to the new status bar in CIC accounts, my application is 'taking us longer than usual to process'.
The estimated completion date has passed (8 November 2018).
I requested GCMS in early November, but no news on that front yet.
Is 'awaiting final review' positive?
I'm British, by the way.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Ri-1989n

Aug 16, 2018
Hi Guys ,

MY AOR is 19th May and my medicals got approved on 31st May. But after that there is no updates and its going to be 7 months already. Ordered GCMS on 5th Dec and tried calling the CPC office but they don't have any updates.It is really irritating to wait without an update. Anybody else in the same boat and what are you doing about it.

Thanks in advance!

Ri-1989n

Aug 16, 2018
Hi Guys,

i have submitted my application online on 2nd May,2018 and i have got AOR on 9th May,2018. Medicals passed soon after but i have not received any update after that. I have applied for GCMS notes and waiting for them. 6 months have already passed , and my employer information and all the details which i have submitted are transparent. Can someone suggest me is there anyone who submitted early May and still waiting for the response. i am an In-land applicant
Exactly the same case , no update till now :(

rob730

Oct 23, 2018
AOR Received.
03-05-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2018
Hi there,
My AOR is 8 May 2018. Medicals logged as 'passed' soon after.
On 17 May, I received an additional document request, which I sent on two days later. The document was to clarify previous travel dates to Germany.
In my CIC account, eligibility, additional docs and final decision have been 'under review' for as long as I can remember. The same applies to background check ('processing'). I paid the right of residency fee up front.
During the first week of November, I found out that my application is with the London visa office, 'awaiting final review by an officer'. I got the same response a month later.
According to the new status bar in CIC accounts, my application is 'taking us longer than usual to process'.
The estimated completion date has passed (8 November 2018).
I requested GCMS in early November, but no news on that front yet.
Is 'awaiting final review' positive?
I'm British, by the way.
Thanks in advance!
We had a similar thing with the Ottawa VO, we messaged at the beginning of November and they said it was awaiting 'Final Review'. Not heard anything since then. GCMS notes from October say everything is passed except spouses' Security which was not started at the time.

My AOR is 3rd May and also British

Cj11

Oct 21, 2018
We had a similar thing with the Ottawa VO, we messaged at the beginning of November and they said it was awaiting 'Final Review'. Not heard anything since then. GCMS notes from October say everything is passed except spouses' Security which was not started at the time.

My AOR is 3rd May and also British
That's reassuring, thanks. So you're optimistic?

Ice1987

Jul 31, 2018
This means nothing to our application. It is another process improvement that CIC has implemented wherein they will represent in a bar where our individual application stands against the standard processing time. What is in "text" today will show up in a "bar" tomorrow. Wish CIC could instead spend time and energy to streamline their process to clear 'Review Required' applications faster.
Here comes the bar on the application status page and as expected, it means.... NOTHING.