+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

anatolii

Mar 27, 2018
My apologize if my question is a bit off topic, however, I think it can be helpful for other people who are in same situation.

I submitted my documents under CEC on May 31st, and as many others still waiting for PPR. Problem is that my post graduate work permit is about to expire on November 3rd. And as I am an Ukrainian Citizen I need to have a valid visa/permit to stay legally in Canada. What should I do in this situation? Do I need to apply for another work permit (if yes, then what kind?) or I need to leave the country and wait until get any news about my PR application?

DannyBo

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
My apologize if my question is a bit off topic, however, I think it can be helpful for other people who are in same situation.

I submitted my documents under CEC on May 31st, and as many others still waiting for PPR. Problem is that my post graduate work permit is about to expire on November 3rd. And as I am an Ukrainian Citizen I need to have a valid visa/permit to stay legally in Canada. What should I do in this situation? Do I need to apply for another work permit (if yes, then what kind?) or I need to leave the country and wait until get any news about my PR application?
You will need to apply for a bridge work permit. Once you submitted your application, you will be in implied status, which will still allow you to work full time in Canada. However, your HR may question you if you're in a company with an ignorant HR. Provide the laws to her, then you should be fine.

Good luck. May 30th AOR is still waiting

DannyBo

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
The similar here. AOR 16th of May. I didn't pay in advance but they asked to pay on 2nd of June. I thought it was good sign but no movement from than
TBH, From what I heard, Ottawa is not the slowest one, but some other small VOs like Winnipeg. I'm in Winnipeg and have been waiting for 4.5 months for the results.

Good news is the waiting time will be due in 1.5 months, when I will be able to ask an update without being questioned by the phone agents

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
TBH, From what I heard, Ottawa is not the slowest one, but some other small VOs like Winnipeg. I'm in Winnipeg and have been waiting for 4.5 months for the results.

Good news is the waiting time will be due in 1.5 months, when I will be able to ask an update without being questioned by the phone agents
Let’s hope you don’t have to wait long enough to start asking for updates.

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
From your timeline, your AOR date was in July. then you do not need to worry.
Of course I was just generally saying that hopefully you will receive the good news before you hit the 6 month period and so will not have to follow up with agents for an update.

My AOR is post mid July so haven’t hit the panic button yet. Looking forward to some activity in the next 2 months.

DannyBo

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Of course I was just generally saying that hopefully you will receive the good news before you hit the 6 month period and so will not have to follow up with agents for an update.

My AOR is post mid July so haven’t hit the panic button yet. Looking forward to some activity in the next 2 months.
Ahh, yes. Thanks Bro. I'm hoping it as well

Rex-27

Oct 14, 2018
Hi everyone. Best wishes to everybody waiting for this long nervous time.
Need some help regarding my " review required " on my application.
CEC inland
AOR-28 may 2018
Med- 7 june 2018
Background- in process will send you message for information needed( the standard wordings)

GCMS - exact same 3 times( july, aug, sept)

Review required was for
1) my 2 month job's employment letter that was not with duties/ resp but later updated the new letter in aug on file
2) they considered 11 months(as per hours) instead of 12 months

Any suggestions??

Last edited:

DannyBo

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Hi everyone. Best wishes to everybody waiting for this long nervous time.
Need some help regarding my " review required " on my application.
CEC inland
AOR-28 may 2018
Med- 7 june 2018
Background- in process will send you message for information needed( the standard wordings)

GCMS - exact same 3 times( july, aug, sept)

Review required was for
1) my 2 month job's employment letter that was not with duties/ resp but later updated the new letter in aug on file
2) they considered 11 months(as per hours) instead of 12 months

Any suggestions??
You may submit additional documents in the IRCC website indicating the duties and responsibilities. Are you still under eligibility review? this should be done during the eligibility review phase I think. But I highly believe they should contact you if this is a blocker.

Rex-27

Oct 14, 2018
You may submit additional documents in the IRCC website indicating the duties and responsibilities. Are you still under eligibility review? this should be done during the eligibility review phase I think. But I highly believe they should contact you if this is a blocker.
I did submitted new letter with roles after first
gcms notes around 7-8 august but still under review as per 13 sept generated notes

DannyBo

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
I did submitted new letter with roles after first
gcms notes around 7-8 august but still under review as per 13 sept generated notes
Then the shortcut will be call IRCC to see how this goes. Are you requested to submit a new letter?

rondp21

Sep 26, 2018

You are correct Danny. I am also facing the similar situation.
AOR may 17.
VO Winnipeg no movement since submission.
No notes ordered.