FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2018
AOR Received.
19-05-2018
After 128 days of waiting have received the PPR request.
PFB my timeline.

AOR 27-may-18
MEP 4-june-18
RPRF 18-sep-18
IP2. 18 -Sep-18
Ghost update 2-Oct-18
PPR 2- Oct-18

FSW outland.
Will be updating the immitracker.
Congratulations!!!!

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if IRCC works on a weekend. However, 8th October is Thanksgiving day, will there be public holiday; anyone know?

h_amak

Dec 12, 2016
Originally posted in June thread but this thread may also find useful

%age statuses by month as per Immitracker. Based on my past experience on reaction to this post will start with following disclaimer points :D:D

• Yes the immitracker data may not be accurate, as not all people enter or update their data. But I think it is okay as in no field you can have absolute population data. You will have to work with sample data and make decisions.
  • As you read this and the data and you feel "oh I could list N reasons the data is not the right sample" … well yeah I know that BUT unless someone can give better data, this is all we have. So let’s make peace with it.
  • Immitracker ignores inactive cases. And yes it does impact %ages. However, I think immitracker is correct in ignoring inactive cases.
  • Having said all of above, I think this data can still be used to see trends which are useful. The %ages may not be accurate but overall movement is definitely indicative of progress
  • And lastly, if you disagree just ignore!

Added two more months to observe trending better
and make sure the trend holds.

Based on the data, here are my observations

The Good
  1. As expected June is showing an upward trend. Lots of movement. As I have said before 4th month after AOR is most productive for PPRs. I think we can expect ~20-23% more PPRs in this month.
  2. Look at August! Huge jump and lots of PPRs . The activity on August thread is testimony to that.
  3. March still moved at a decent pace but it will taper off in coming weeks, if previous trending holds.
The Bad
  1. March is stagnant! Nothing has moved and CIC seems to be missing the 80% mark for sure.
  2. July is stagnant too. I expected some movement in July. Let’s see if it picks up in coming weeks.
The Ugly

THE SLOWDOWN MAY BE REAL!

I think if this data is any indication, CIC may have to revise that 6 month timeline sooner or later unless they really pick up. Why do I say that? Read below a bit carefully

Focus on the two shaded columns .. PPR% at end of August (29-Aug) and PPR% at end of September (28-Sep)

• At end of August which is almost month 6 for Feb 85% people from Feb and received PPR. This is good as this is what is expected. Rather CIC seems to beat the 80% target. For march at end of August (5th month from AOR) the number is 68%.
  • So you expected March to give 12% more PPRs in one month and meet 80%. BUT March is stuck at 75%. And if I compare it to at same point vs Feb it is 10% slower than Feb.
  • If we compare March Vs April. March at the end of Month 5 was at 68% whereas April at Month 5 is only 61% .. again 7% slower. And April doesn’t seem to move!
  • Comparing April vs May. April was 48% at 4th month mark whereas May was only able to reach 45%.

We will see how this goes with two additional months added to data. BUT it is a clear indication that application processing is slow from March onward.

By end of October we will know if April can even hit 75% like March or falls short. Or if May is able to buck the trend and prove me wrong.

Over and out!
I totally agree with you, this trend shows clearly that the immigration department doesn't give a sh*t about us, the immigrants, they are just government employees who want to satisfy their management and show them that they are doing a great job by keeping the average processing time within the 6-month window. Simply by processing some applications, the lucky ones, very fast, and but the others on the shelf. It doesn't matter for them as long as their KPIs are achieved, they don't consider that this is a complete life changing phase for others who are stressfully waiting for their application to be processed, not to mention the lack of transparency regarding the application status and processing, we have paid money for that! so at least respect us and give us proper feedback!

The bottom line is that this is not a fair first in first serve process, they have monthly targets assigned to them for the sake of KPIs, for example, if we are in October, so they have to process 10 applications from February, 15 from March, 25 from April, 35 from May, 20 from June, 10 from July, 5 from August,...and so on, it is all about the misleading average processing time of 6 months.

Reactions: AlexandraO

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
I totally agree with you, this trend shows clearly that the immigration department doesn't give a sh*t about us, the immigrants, they are just government employees who want to satisfy their management and show them that they are doing a great job by keeping the average processing time within the 6-month window. Simply by processing some applications, the lucky ones, very fast, and but the others on the shelf. It doesn't matter for them as long as their KPIs are achieved, they don't consider that this is a complete life changing phase for others who are stressfully waiting for their application to be processed, not to mention the lack of transparency regarding the application status and processing, we have paid money for that! so at least respect us and give us proper feedback!

The bottom line is that this is not a fair first in first serve process, they have monthly targets assigned to them for the sake of KPIs, for example, if we are in October, so they have to process 10 applications from February, 15 from March, 25 from April, 35 from May, 20 from June, 10 from July, 5 from August,...and so on, it is all about the misleading average processing time of 6 months.
Seeing that there is nothing we can do on our part that will speed up the process, as advised by them, let's continue to wait. The wait can be stressful especially when it is perceived that one is kept in the dark; not knowing the real status of their application whereas new entrants are getting approved by the day!

Last edited:

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
"Where your treasure is there will your heart be also."

The waiting game continues; the suspense, the intrigue, and whatnot. It is hard to remove the mind because of the truth above. May this week be good to everyone.

PritiJ2017

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-03-2018
AOR Received.
28/05/2018
Med's Done....
8/6/2018
Is it possible to get PPR mail but the profile not showing approved yet?
your profile will be updated fully and change of status will appear post COPR.

congratulations on your PPR. enjoy !

anushaji2010

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2018
AOR Received.
19-05-2018
I have submitted my passport at the vfs in OMAN to be forwarded to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi. Ive been tracking it on the vfs website and the status now shows “Documents for Visa application, tracking ID No..........are under process at the Canada Visa Office, ABU DHABI.”
Does it mean everything is ok so far? When can I expect to get back my passport? I submitted it on the 3rd of October. TIA!

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
It seems MAY 2018 AOR candidates either most of them have received PPR or frustrated to participate in forum. do i am only left from MAY AOR and still in IP1.
You ain't alone. It is normal to become weary, but remaining resolute is necessary at times like this.

Reactions: ajay100

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
I have submitted my passport at the vfs in OMAN to be forwarded to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi. Ive been tracking it on the vfs website and the status now shows “Documents for Visa application, tracking ID No..........are under process at the Canada Visa Office, ABU DHABI.”
Does it mean everything is ok so far? When can I expect to get back my passport? I submitted it on the 3rd of October. TIA!
Most people got back their Passports in two weeks. Yours can be returned to you before then.