FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Hey, someone please answer this!
Is it typical in North America for the job contracts to specify duties to be performed? My employer doesn’t mention duties in the contract only the title, hours etc. please help
If you are referring to requirements for PR application then the duties must be on your letter. You can talk to your HR dept n try to get them to edit your letter so as to include your duties for the purpose of application

@zaren

Aug 12, 2018
Finally moved to IP2 today, after good 3 months at IP1. I din't receive any email update, checked my account and it said application updated in-place of submitted.
Also my eligibility still shows under review and when i spoke to the agent 2 months back she said that the eligibility is met/ recommended pass. I don't understand at what stage is my application and how much more time would it take coz the eligibility still shows under review along with the background check. Will be grateful if anyone can help me understand that. AOR May 27

Last edited:

Ice1987

Jul 31, 2018
Hey, someone please answer this!
Is it typical in North America for the job contracts to specify duties to be performed? My employer doesn’t mention duties in the contract only the title, hours etc. please help
Very normal. Just write a cover letter addressed to CIC calling out that your employer does not mention duties in the contract. In addition, you can yourself list duties aligned with the role and NOC on a sheet and attach to the Cover letter. But make sure u do not copy duties of related NOC word by word from website. It will backfire.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Canada_CEC0518

Jul 19, 2018
If your eligibility is passed, the only thing remaining is security.

See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/
Hi Legal Falcon,
My GCMS note says my
Eligibility Recommended Pass on Jun 12th
Criminality is in Progress from Jun 15th.
Also there is a mention of No traceable record for Criminality.
Medicals Passed
Secuirty Not Started

Is this something I should be worried about?
I have not seen anyone movement since June 15th and What would be the reason for Criminality taking so long?

Canada_CEC0518

Jul 19, 2018
Hi Legal Falcon,
My GCMS note says my
Eligibility Recommended Pass on Jun 12th
Criminality is in Progress from Jun 15th.
Also there is a mention of No traceable record for Criminality.
Medicals Passed
Secuirty Not Started

Is this something I should be worried about?
I have not seen anyone movement since June 15th and What would be the reason for Criminality taking so long?
My AOR is May 25th and Stream is CEC inland

nk31

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello everyone.
I just got the GOLDEN mail today. I'm applied under CEC, and this is my timeline
ITA : April 11
AOR: May 14
Medical Passed: May 24
IP1/IP2: May 28
ADR: August 20 (Submitted ADR on August 29th)
Ghost Update: September 17th
PPR: September 19th
Congrats

nk31

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
After 5 years of being unable to write the IELTS exam because IDP, Hyderabad was unable to provide me a special needs requirement, BC Bangalore agreed and I gave my IELTS attempt. Thankfully, I had to give it just once! After a long rollercoaster ride, finally, another chapter draws to a close and a new one begins. PPR!!

IELTS - 16th Dec 2017
IELTS score - 8/8/7.5/7
ECA - 13th March 2018
CRS - 446
NOC - 2132
ITA - 11th April 2018
AOR - 20th May 2018
IP1/MEDS PASSED - 10th June 2018
IP2 - 18th September 2018
Ghost Update - 19th September 2018
PPR - 20th September 2018

Two calls made to IRCC.
No GCMS ordered.
OTTAWA VO.
FSW Outland with 2 dependents.

The wait is long but worth it!!!

That said, I'll burst a few myths as below:

1. Don't join any AoR WhatsApp and Telegram groups - I've warned you. The over analyzing, over speculating crowd sometimes brings you to the edge of despair. Guys, there's no reliable database out there to analyse patterns, and each case is unique so don't look at others timelines and wonder "why him, why not me". It's pointless, energy sapping and gives an unrealistic picture.

2. Don't order GCMS notes before 100 days from AoR - There's no point. It's not going to affect your file in anyway. Any how, my plan was to order them only at the 150 day mark. By then I'd know that my file is seriously stuck and I'd like to know where.

3. Don't send additional documents after panicking and seeing "Review Required" on your GCMS notes - Remember the time you were unsure of something and looped in your boss/team lead for confirmation? Well, pretty much the same thing going on here in most cases. Most of the times, the additional documents that you send without being asked takes up the officer's/agent's time plus your file review time (plus the time taken to move other files because the officer has to look at yours) because they are bound to consider every sheet of paper you send them. So unless you want to extend the time taken to review your file, don't send any documents unless asked for. Chances of outright rejections after 3-4 month mark is pretty rare unless you've seriously messed up your case.

4. Proof of Funds - Big debate with the fluctuating currency, I know. However, IRCC have tweeted that the rate as on the date of application submission is considered, and it's the officer's discretion whether to ask for more funds or not. Think logically before rushing money into your bank accounts due to the depreciating currency. You were asked to show Proof of Funds and as on the day of submission, you have more than enough funds parked. Currency devaluation is NOT your problem!

5. Can IRCC check your bank accounts? No, I personally think they can't. Reason - I moved my funds out of my account after AoR and invested them elsewhere. Then brought them back. Then moved it out again. Had the IRCC been able to access my account, why would they ask for my signed bank statements? Yes they want to know that the documents are genuine, not if the money is there in your account or not. They can verify if the documents you've submitted are forged or not, but they cannot personally access and check current bank balances!!

6. Be productive, learn French - doesn't matter where you're moving to. Use the downtime to learn French diligently. I used Duolingo, one hour everyday. Thank me later, de rein.

7. Calling IRCC/emailing them - no use. Enough said. It helps to know where you are and assuage your curiosity, the vague picture given by the agents end up confusing you even more. It doesn't help speed up your file in any way.

One last point I forgot to add, which happens to be the root cause of most of the points above

8. Don't BLINDLY trust consultants - some of them peddle rumours to cause panic and are heavily misinformed. I'd always recommend cross checking any facts they claim.

All these are my personal observations so please follow them at your own peril.

Good luck to all the other aspirants!!
Congrats and great write up !