+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

SIM1606

Sep 8, 2017
Hi all, Just curious if there is anyone in the same boat?

AOR: May 14th, 2018
MEP+ ADR(RCMP): Approx May 24th
ADR Submitted: June 5th
IP2: sometime in mid-June (says we are currently reviewing your background) + reviewing the additional documents provided

No response ever since.

sbansal6

Sep 10, 2018
Hi all, Just curious if there is anyone in the same boat?

AOR: May 14th, 2018
MEP+ ADR(RCMP): Approx May 24th
ADR Submitted: June 5th
IP2: sometime in mid-June (says we are currently reviewing your background) + reviewing the additional documents provided

No response ever since.

I am in the same boat, AOR May 23rd, status is "we are currently reviewing your background" for last 2 months

sbansal6

Sep 10, 2018
I emailed IRCC about status update and got a reply from them

"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

"

What to expect..?

iiimiaaa

Jun 12, 2018
I emailed IRCC about status update and got a reply from them

"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

"

What to expect..?
nothing

Reactions: Aarti123

iiimiaaa

Jun 12, 2018
hi, guys,just a quick update, I called cic agent in this afternoon, got an update that my eligibility is "recommend pass", security&criminal not started yet.

Finally i can see a movement here, as I called the about two weeks ago and told that eligibility is still under reviewing.

Timeline:
AOR :MAY 08
MEDICAL PASS: MAY 16

Nothing happened after medical pass and no ghost update.

Thanks and good luck for all of us!!Praying everyday!!

laursieb89

Jan 22, 2018
I also called to speak to an agent today after my friend who AOR was June 20th (approx) got her ppr email today

My aor is may 15 and I am so frustrated at this stage seeing others who applied way after me getting there’s

The agent was very nice he said my eligibility is passed and everything is submitted corrected but he said my security check has been going on since may - I only had to get one police cert from my home country Ireland and I have no criminal record

Is it normal for security check to take this long when all i have is many trips to Florida on family vacations and no issues with the law?

He said background check hasn’t started until security is complete how much longer can this take? I am 125 days since AOR and loosing the will at this stage

Fsw Outland

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I also called to speak to an agent today after my friend who AOR was June 20th (approx) got her ppr email today

My aor is may 15 and I am so frustrated at this stage seeing others who applied way after me getting there’s

The agent was very nice he said my eligibility is passed and everything is submitted corrected but he said my security check has been going on since may - I only had to get one police cert from my home country Ireland and I have no criminal record

Is it normal for security check to take this long when all i have is many trips to Florida on family vacations and no issues with the law?

He said background check hasn’t started until security is complete how much longer can this take? I am 125 days since AOR and loosing the will at this stage

Fsw Outland
Background check is the most obscure aspect of the application so it is difficult to say how much time it will take. From what I have learnt from the forum it has two parts namely criminality and security. Criminality is validation of the PCC documents and im not sure what is done in security check. But these steps are done by another agency. I think eligibility is the biggest hurdle and if you have crossed that, it’s just a waiting game. There is not really much you can do but to wait. Eligibility pass means that you will get your PPR eventually. But would it be sooner or later just depends on your luck. You can order your gcms notes to see the dates on which your background checks started. Many a times files don’t get ticked after eligibility has been set to pass and hence applications gets delayed. Why some applications get their background check initiated as soon as eligibility is done and why some files gather dust is a great mystery of this whole process.

I wish you get your PPR soon but unfortunately the best you can do is probably wait and pray.

laursieb89

Jan 22, 2018
Background check is the most obscure aspect of the application so it is difficult to say how much time it will take. From what I have learnt from the forum it has two parts namely criminality and security. Criminality is validation of the PCC documents and im not sure what is done in security check. But these steps are done by another agency. I think eligibility is the biggest hurdle and if you have crossed that, it’s just a waiting game. There is not really much you can do but to wait. Eligibility pass means that you will get your PPR eventually. But would it be sooner or later just depends on your luck. You can order your gcms notes to see the dates on which your background checks started. Many a times files don’t get ticked after eligibility has been set to pass and hence applications gets delayed. Why some applications get their background check initiated as soon as eligibility is done and why some files gather dust is a great mystery of this whole process.

I wish you get your PPR soon but unfortunately the best you can do is probably wait and pray.
Thank you

kinetc

Jun 25, 2018
hi, guys,just a quick update, I called cic agent in this afternoon, got an update that my eligibility is "recommend pass", security&criminal not started yet.

Finally i can see a movement here, as I called the about two weeks ago and told that eligibility is still under reviewing.

Timeline:
AOR :MAY 08
MEDICAL PASS: MAY 16

Nothing happened after medical pass and no ghost update.

Thanks and good luck for all of us!!Praying everyday!!

Same AOR date for me. Hope we get our PPR's soon.