+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

PetiteIfe

Feb 7, 2017
Am not sure if you are serious with this question. Why would anyone worry about a $200 CAD deficit? Overarching idea is to have sufficient expenses for 3-4 months so that you have some cover before you start your job/work etc.
Hi, why don't your try to credit the account with the deficit now that you know, to play safe.

tanujmuley

Aug 15, 2018
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
26-06-2018
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
Hi, why don't your try to credit the account with the deficit now that you know, to play safe.

I have been doing the same thing ever since I have filed my application. But CAD keeps on increasing and it’s become difficult for me to manage more funds. Anyway, I called up CIC yesterday and the agent told me that PoF comes under eligibility check and I need not worry about it. But I am still getting anxious. I think a PPR mail can only cure my anxiety.

eedwards92

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
22-05-2018
Med's Request
05-06-2018
Century and still in IP1

anushaji2010

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2018
AOR Received.
19-05-2018
There is no definite answer for that . For some it takes 2 weeks for some more than year. depends on your nationality, trips to diff countries etc etc.
Thank you. I haven’t had a lot of travel outside my resident country and home country, but yes, I’ve had some brief visits not exceeding a maximum of two weeks or so. I am Indian, btw.

P.B.

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Completed 118 days today. IP2

Got off the phone with IRCC rep. After waiting for 35 minutes landed up with an unpleasant rep :eek:

I told him I wanted to know the status of my file and had some other questions as well. He wanted to know the "Other Questions" first. So, here goes the conversation:

1. My husband's and my medical expired in June, should we get another one done?
Ans:
Medicals are valid for one year and can be extended for another year. If an extension is granted then you do not need to get a new one done. If an extension is not granted, then IRCC will contact you themselves and will ask you to get it done again. Till then, no action is required from your end.

2. Which visa office is processing our file?

IRCC Rep: Are you calling from within Canada?
I: No, I am from India (he seemed a bit unhappy with the fact that I was calling from India :confused::mad:
IRCC Rep: Then your file will most probably be in NDVO, and so I do not have any details.
I: Can you please check once, it might be in some other visa office
IRCC Rep: I need to verify some details first. Does this file belong to you... actually to you and no one else.

Then he asked my age, complete name, category under which we have applied... he instructed me to provide "specific" answers only. :oops: he kinda grilled me

He then told me my file is in Canada. He was still not interested in providing the status, and said that I can go online and check the status. My application is within the 6 month period and so checking the online CIC status is sufficient. Seemed pretty firm about it.

I told him that my spam folder was set on 15 day auto clean, I am apprehensive that I might have missed the PPR email.. that's the reason why I am worrying and calling... he said that letters/updates will be sent in the CIC account and I can check them there. Finally... he said that no letter has been sent in the past few days so I have not missed anything... My CIC status is the actual status...

Did not give me any other details :confused:o_O:(:oops: :eek:

Reactions: BabaGod

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Completed 118 days today. IP2

Got off the phone with IRCC rep. After waiting for 35 minutes landed up with an unpleasant rep :eek:

I told him I wanted to know the status of my file and had some other questions as well. He wanted to know the "Other Questions" first. So, here goes the conversation:

1. My husband's and my medical expired in June, should we get another one done?
Ans:
Medicals are valid for one year and can be extended for another year. If an extension is granted then you do not need to get a new one done. If an extension is not granted, then IRCC will contact you themselves and will ask you to get it done again. Till then, no action is required from your end.

2. Which visa office is processing our file?

IRCC Rep: Are you calling from within Canada?
I: No, I am from India (he seemed a bit unhappy with the fact that I was calling from India :confused::mad:
IRCC Rep: Then your file will most probably be in NDVO, and so I do not have any details.
I: Can you please check once, it might be in some other visa office
IRCC Rep: I need to verify some details first. Does this file belong to you... actually to you and no one else.

Then he asked my age, complete name, category under which we have applied... he instructed me to provide "specific" answers only. :oops: he kinda grilled me

He then told me my file is in Canada. He was still not interested in providing the status, and said that I can go online and check the status. My application is within the 6 month period and so checking the online CIC status is sufficient. Seemed pretty firm about it.

I told him that my spam folder was set on 15 day auto clean, I am apprehensive that I might have missed the PPR email.. that's the reason why I am worrying and calling... he said that letters/updates will be sent in the CIC account and I can check them there. Finally... he said that no letter has been sent in the past few days so I have not missed anything... My CIC status is the actual status...

Did not give me any other details :confused:o_O:(:oops: :eek:
Well it happens, some agents are better than others. Also, I don't understand the fixation with 6 months. Yes it is a fair reply if someone is calling after one month or may be even two months. But if someone is calling around 4 month mark, they should provide some details. It's not as if everything will be done in the 6th month and they will not touch the file in months prior to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abosede_