+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

S abhishek

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
115 Days and Counting - IP1
Same here.

Today i finally got through the call with the IRCC agent.

As there has been no changes since MEP on 16th May 2018, and i was getting worried if some docs are required or not which i may have missed. The agent was very cordial, confirmed me that the documents are in place, though she was not in a position to give any time frame on the starting of BC in my case.

A relief of sort.

My case is currently at CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia. Any feedback on this centre?

Thanks

Reactions: kiransri

kiransri

Mar 10, 2018
Same here.

Today i finally got through the call with the IRCC agent.

As there has been no changes since MEP on 16th May 2018, and i was getting worried if some docs are required or not which i may have missed. The agent was very cordial, confirmed me that the documents are in place, though she was not in a position to give any time frame on the starting of BC in my case.

A relief of sort.

My case is currently at CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia. Any feedback on this centre?

Thanks
Are you from India and single applicant?

Did she elaborate on the next steps in the process

in my case, i was asked about additional family information... curious to learn what could be the reason for it.

S abhishek

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Are you from India and single applicant?

Did she elaborate on the next steps in the process

in my case, i was asked about additional family information... curious to learn what could be the reason for it.

I am from India. But not a single applicant. Have applied for the entire family.

Ice1987

Jul 31, 2018
From my analysis, 3 things contributing to the delay for May applications.... one - timing of the application processing. July / Aug summer vacation of concerned officials have applications piling up, second - over the last 3 to 4 months, there has been a big influx of PR applications which is keeping CIC super busy and third - case to case complexity of applications like extensive travel history, background check and security screening. Only a luck few from May AOR have got their PPRs. Majority of us are still in wait mode. The 100+ days wait is the new normal. Patience is the mantra :)

kiransri

Mar 10, 2018
From my analysis, 3 things contributing to the delay for May applications.... one - timing of the application processing. July / Aug summer vacation of concerned officials have applications piling up, second - over the last 3 to 4 months, there has been a big influx of PR applications which is keeping CIC super busy and third - case to case complexity of applications like extensive travel history, background check and security screening. Only a luck few from May AOR have got their PPRs. Majority of us are still in wait mode. The 100+ days wait is the new normal. Patience is the mantra :)
quite possible that these 3 things have a role to play in the delay

Elenyan

May 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-05-2018
Med's Done....
09-05-2018
Yeah, probably the summer delays are to blame..

As we can see on immitracker, there's also a major delay in April AORs and March is at only 66%, although it's been almost 6 months for them, so they will probably really focus on March AORs. May is only 27%. Seeing these stats, I wouldn't expect any major moves until October for us..

Hmm I also noticed that except Jan and Feb, there is a 20% difference in PPRs every month. So I guess in September 20% of us will receive PPR, which is not actually that little. :rolleyes: And if it was, indeed, summer time that caused the delays, maybe that number will double? :)

What are your thoughts guys?

Last edited:

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Yeah, probably the summer delays are to blame..

As we can see on immitracker, there's also a major delay in April AORs and March is at only 66%, although it's been almost 6 months for them, so they will probably really focus on March AORs. May is only 27%. Seeing these stats, I wouldn't expect any major moves until October for us..

Hmm I also noticed that except Jan and Feb, there is a 20% difference in PPRs every month. So I guess in September 20% of us will receive PPR, which is not actually that little. :rolleyes: And if it was, indeed, summer time that caused the delays, maybe that number will double? :)

What are your thoughts guys?
That's an excellent analysis. I hope they all come back after summer vacation and start processing the files at a faster pace.

Reactions: fmk8890 and Elenyan

Canada_CEC0518

Jul 19, 2018
Does our current work permit validity have an effect on the processing time?

I saw my GCMS notes had a mention of my current status and the date of expiry.
So do they consider us as low priority if we have some months left on our work permit only take it up for processing when our permit is about to expire?

kinetc

Jun 25, 2018
Does our current work permit validity have an effect on the processing time?

I saw my GCMS notes had a mention of my current status and the date of expiry.
So do they consider us as low priority if we have some months left on our work permit only take it up for processing when our permit is about to expire?
Doesn't seem to be that way at all. We've applied for both BOWP and CEC through express entry and even our BOWP application has exceeded the expected time frame past the date of our current visa's expiry.

Canada_CEC0518

Jul 19, 2018
Doesn't seem to be that way at all. We've applied for both BOWP and CEC through express entry and even our BOWP application has exceeded the expected time frame past the date of our current visa's expiry.
Well, they are definitely not going to speed up someones application because their status is about to expire / already expired. But I believe they might process application slower when there is a lot of time left on the current work permit.

kinetc

Jun 25, 2018
Well, they are definitely not going to speed up someones application because their status is about to expire / already expired. But I believe they might process application slower when there is a lot of time left on the current work permit.
Implied status is there to fill in the gaps for most, so it's not a huge issue. For me I have to go back to my home land for a bit so I have to break implied status. :(