+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

raj_modi13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Quick question - Does my wife need to accompany me for submission of passport/picture or just an authority letter from her is ok? Please advise
No need to be present. Just the letter should suffice. In Canada, we just send the passports via Canada Post.

raj_modi13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Same question from me ..
Also, do primary and dependent need to land in Canada at the same time after they rcv. PR, or can the primary applicant go earlier, and dependent can follow in sometime ?
Tricky question. You can call CIC and check.
My best take would be to do the landing together.

Reactions: vipulsharma

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I applied through an agent..I do not have the login information...I asked my agent for a status update...still waiting for his response.
You can still know status by calling and listening to automated instructions. It will read out as it shows in my cic account.

Reactions: gio1

@zaren

Aug 12, 2018
Same question from me ..
Also, do primary and dependent need to land in Canada at the same time after they rcv. PR, or can the primary applicant go earlier, and dependent can follow in sometime ?
Either both go together or the primary applicant goes first. Dependent can follow anytime within the 6months time frame. I am sure of that.

Reactions: vipulsharma

vipulsharma

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
That's when your account shows application is updated, apparently it is the same inside.
Mine seems to be other way round
Did not rcv. any update, but background check changed to processing started when I checked account o_O
Any idea how much time it usually takes from here to PPR ?

Regards

hemanthsamayam

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-05-2018
Med's Done....
18-05-2018
Mine seems to be other way round
Did not rcv. any update, but background check changed to processing started when I checked account o_O
Any idea how much time it usually takes from here to PPR ?

Regards
anywhere from days to couple of weeks in most cases.

Cyber2mike

Jun 5, 2018
Hi. Did you subject your medical with your application? The usual waiting period is six months so I wouldn't worry yet. I submitted my application on 4th May & I'm still here :)
Thanks for the reply. No we didnt include our medical with my application.

Cyber2mike

Jun 5, 2018
Did you and your wife do an upfront medical exam? i.e did you attach a medical form when you were filling out the application on the CIC portal?

If you did, you should have passed your medicals by now. The only way to find out is to login to your CIC account and check your updates.
Thanks, but no we didnt include our medical with our application as upfront medical is not valid for philippine application unless instructed by the cic.

S abhishek

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Congratulations to all the lucky ones who received the Golden Letter.

Rest of us, lets be patient. Am waiting for 101 days since AOR.

Currently at IP1.

3 questions:
1. From which email ID the PPR email comes?
2. Though i have applied through Express Entry: On my cic profile, i can see 2 line items for Application types.
a. PERMANENT RESIDENCY and current status is "SUBMITTED" and the date matches with AOR
b. EXPRESS ENTRY and current status is "UPDATE NOT SUBMITTED'' and the date is when i first filled up my form to get my CRS.
3. Can i apply for Open Work Permit as i have landed in Canada now on dependent visa and should it affect my PR process?

Do i need to do something with the EE status?

Thanks.

Arah1129

May 22, 2018
Hello Friends
Finally the wait is over. Patience of 102 days paid off with God's grace. Received the golden mail
AOR 1st May 2018
IP1 9th May 2018
Med Passed 31st May 2018
IP2 27th July
PPR 11th August 2018
FSW-O with 1 dependent (Spouse)
Called IRCC twice after 90 days of file submission to know the progress

Thank you for the timely replies, moral support and guidance I received here and I wish speedy PPR to all.

Triupati.balagi

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hello Friends
Finally the wait is over. Patience of 102 days paid off with God's grace. Received the golden mail
AOR 1st May 2018
IP1 9th May 2018
Med Passed 31st May 2018
IP2 27th July
PPR 11th August 2018
FSW-O with 1 dependent (Spouse)
Called IRCC twice after 90 days of file submission to know the progress

Thank you for the timely replies, moral support and guidance I received here and I wish speedy PPR to all.[/QUOTE

Congratulations and pls update on Immtracker