Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

just called CIC this morning. The agent told me she had to put me on hold to verify something coz my application is in Calgary right not. She thinks is weird since I live in Toronto. so she spoke to an senior agent an told me that it might be just the workload distribution. I was also told my eligibility is passed and BGC is undergoing. she said once the BGC is complete they will do a final review and reach out an final decision.

Anyone is also being processed in Calgary ? and is it normal for my application being processed in Calgary since I am in Toronto?

My timeline

AOR April 29 2018
IP1 May 4 2018
MEP May 9 2018
IP2 May 30 2018
You spoke to a very nice agent Frankie. Most agents we speak to refused to disclose the application status. I have heard people handled by Calgary, Montreal and even etobicoke IRCC and it has become a trend and on GCMS notes, people’s files were noted Calgary too due to workload distribution thus ottawa VO is really loaded with applications at the moment and has to transfer applications to other IRCC offices

hemanthsamayam

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-05-2018
Med's Done....
18-05-2018
I have received a mail saying as below.
" Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm that the information you provided was transferred to the Case Processing Center in Ottawa."

Does it mean my case is being/will be processed in Ottawa or will it be again transfered to country of residence for BG?

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I have received a mail saying as below.
" Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm that the information you provided was transferred to the Case Processing Center in Ottawa."

Does it mean my case is being/will be processed in Ottawa or will it be again transfered to country of residence for BG?
It means your ADR is transferred to Ottawa for review, it’s ottawa’s decision whether or not to send BG to your residence country. We never know. You have to order notes while they do BG to find out.

hemanthsamayam

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-05-2018
Med's Done....
18-05-2018
It means your ADR is transferred to Ottawa for review, it’s ottawa’s decision whether or not to send BG to your residence country. We never know. You have to order notes while they do BG to find out.
But I never got update request for Additional documents

Frankie Chan

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
You spoke to a very nice agent Frankie. Most agents we speak to refused to disclose the application status. I have heard people handled by Calgary, Montreal and even etobicoke IRCC and it has become a trend and on GCMS notes, people’s files were noted Calgary too due to workload distribution thus ottawa VO is really loaded with applications at the moment and has to transfer applications to other IRCC offices
Yes the agent was so nice and provided me with a lot useful info. So you mean the Calgary is acting my local office right now and it will be the place where my PPR is triggered ?

hemanthsamayam

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-05-2018
Med's Done....
18-05-2018
That’s weird, otherwise you must’d ask something to webform and they transfer it to Ottawa.
Yeah, couple of weeks back I have submitted a query through web form for information where my application is being processed

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yes the agent was so nice and provided me with a lot useful info. So you mean the Calgary is acting my local office right now and it will be the place where my PPR is triggered ?
It could be. People have seen different VO issuing PPRs instead of Ottawa VO. Doesn’t mean something bad. But at least IRCC is processing your file and try to avoid delay more than 6 months. Which is a good thing. They must have an internal system that gives them updates and for the files that are stacked and estimated finish time is more than 6 months, they transfer it to the other VO to make sure standard processing time is met. That’s my understanding.

shadeshade

May 31, 2018
Hello Friends,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in May 2018 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

If you want to be added to whatsapp group, leave a request.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

More tips to follow.

Some Stats for you:

Current Processing dates:

Current PPRs averages by VO:

Statuses by months of submission 2018:

Pls add me on whatsapp....AOR May

Frankie Chan

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
It could be. People have seen different VO issuing PPRs instead of Ottawa VO. Doesn’t mean something bad. But at least IRCC is processing your file and try to avoid delay more than 6 months. Which is a good thing. They must have an internal system that gives them updates and for the files that are stacked and estimated finish time is more than 6 months, they transfer it to the other VO to make sure standard processing time is met. That’s my understanding.
Thanks Strikeharsh, I actually have one question. I saw someone's Gcms note in Mar Aor thread. His note showing eligibility recommend passed, but in the note somewhere it says eligibility review required. I am just wondering if the CIC agent will tell you your eligibility is passed but actually is recommend passed ? or they will specify your eligibility passed or recommend passed ?.

Thanks a lot

Jun 15, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm a May AOR applicant, and I got my PPR email at around 11.45pm on June 14th. It took 25 days for me to get from AOR to PPR, and being a single FSW-O applicant, I thought I should post my timeline and details if it helps anyone in the same boat since my app was processed much faster than usual. I apologize in advance because I've never posted here or on immitracker before, but I've been lurking in both places for a while and the info has been valuable to me. Anyway, the timeline is:

March 14th - ITA
May 19th - AOR
May 29th - Medicals Passed / BG: Your application is in progress
Jun 7th - BG: We are processing your background check / Docs: We do not need additional documents.
Jun13th - (Ghost update saying my app was updated, but I saw no change) BG: We are processing your background check
Jun 14th - PPR Email

Like I mentioned, I'm a single FSW-O applicant. I'm Indian, but reside in the US and my NOC is 2174. Most of my documents were very straight-forward: my travel history is very simple (very few stamps on passport, only been to US/UK/IND so far), I have only worked in one job, all my money is in one account and sufficient for POF etc. There were a few complications: my official work exp letter did not contain duties, so I provided one sworn declaration from a senior colleague (not manager) and the documents in my H-1B filing case which had hints of my job duties (although my company is fairly well known and easy to look up, so that might have helped). Plus my bank account with all my money is just 2 months old (had to transfer money from other account due to a lost checkbook), however I provided the 2 month history of this account, 6 month history of the previous one, and letters from my bank in the required format for both. I explain both these things as clearly as possible in my letter of explanation.

I have done everything myself, all the way back from studying for IELTS to submitting the PR application, and am quite pleased with my results. If you have any questions, I will try my best to help. Cheers to everyone and good luck getting to Canada!

theontarioguy

May 4, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm a May AOR applicant, and I got my PPR email at around 11.45pm on June 14th. It took 25 days for me to get from AOR to PPR, and being a single FSW-O applicant, I thought I should post my timeline and details if it helps anyone in the same boat since my app was processed much faster than usual. I apologize in advance because I've never posted here or on immitracker before, but I've been lurking in both places for a while and the info has been valuable to me. Anyway, the timeline is:

March 14th - ITA
May 19th - AOR
May 29th - Medicals Passed / BG: Your application is in progress
Jun 7th - BG: We are processing your background check / Docs: We do not need additional documents.
Jun13th - (Ghost update saying my app was updated, but I saw no change) BG: We are processing your background check
Jun 14th - PPR Email

Like I mentioned, I'm a single FSW-O applicant. I'm Indian, but reside in the US and my NOC is 2174. Most of my documents were very straight-forward: my travel history is very simple (very few stamps on passport, only been to US/UK/IND so far), I have only worked in one job, all my money is in one account and sufficient for POF etc. There were a few complications: my official work exp letter did not contain duties, so I provided one sworn declaration from a senior colleague (not manager) and the documents in my H-1B filing case which had hints of my job duties (although my company is fairly well known and easy to look up, so that might have helped). Plus my bank account with all my money is just 2 months old (had to transfer money from other account due to a lost checkbook), however I provided the 2 month history of this account, 6 month history of the previous one, and letters from my bank in the required format for both. I explain both these things as clearly as possible in my letter of explanation.

I have done everything myself, all the way back from studying for IELTS to submitting the PR application, and am quite pleased with my results. If you have any questions, I will try my best to help. Cheers to everyone and good luck getting to Canada!
Hi congratulations on PPR.

Ghost update means u got mail from CIC and no update or it was showing application/profile updated, but no change in the status?

How many ghost updates you got.?

Reactions: hawkson

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi guys,

just called CIC this morning. The agent told me she had to put me on hold to verify something coz my application is in Calgary right not. She thinks is weird since I live in Toronto. so she spoke to an senior agent an told me that it might be just the workload distribution. I was also told my eligibility is passed and BGC is undergoing. she said once the BGC is complete they will do a final review and reach out an final decision.

Anyone is also being processed in Calgary ? and is it normal for my application being processed in Calgary since I am in Toronto?

My timeline

AOR April 29 2018
IP1 May 4 2018
MEP May 9 2018
IP2 May 30 2018
My application is getting processed at Calgary and I am residing in the GTA

Jun 15, 2018
Hi congratulations on PPR.

Ghost update means u got mail from CIC and no update or it was showing application/profile updated, but no change in the status?

How many ghost updates you got.?
Hey, I just got one ghost update. I logged into my account and saw that the application said "Application Updated", but when I looked inside it was still the same.