+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

amafhh

Apr 5, 2018
Thanks! No one's updating their immitracker cases so I guess we can't rely on that data much.
You are right and it has only a small proportion of all applicants. Let's hope people start using it more and proactively so we can have one quick reference.

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Something good is cooking for May AOR's! We'll all celebrate soon. Congrats to all those whose applications have been approved already.

Reactions: SNA321

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Guys,

What you mean by this in the "name field" help section. Pretty confused now :(

"Amended name
If your passport includes an amendment to your name(s) in the observations section, enter your name(s) as it appears in that section."

Do I need to mention "Mrs." if it indicates in the observation page of my wife's passport with the full name.

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
hi all,

I called yesterday and agent said that i have already passed and they are doing background check but online status background check has not started

which on should be right...confused
Are you outland or inland? If you're FSWO, would you mind sharing the mobile number you used in calling IRCC?

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Guys,

What you mean by this in the "name field" help section. Pretty confused now :(

"Amended name
If your passport includes an amendment to your name(s) in the observations section, enter your name(s) as it appears in that section."

Do I need to mention "Mrs." if it indicates in the observation page of my wife's passport with the full name.
@akila868
I created a test EE application to verify your query, and from my observations-

At the end of the help information (in the popup), you can find the below information:

Titles, prefixes, degrees, decorations
If your passport shows a title, prefix, suffix, professional or academic qualification, decoration, honour, award, or hereditary status, do not enter this on the application form, unless it is in the machine-readable zone of your passport (the portion below your photo and biographic information, sometimes called a "barcode").

Hence i would suggest you not to enter the Title information (mentioned in your passport) in the CIC EE application form - "Given/ Family Name" field unless you can find the same title/ prefix/ suffix in Machine Readable Zone section of the passport.
Let me know, if you have any queries.

Last edited:
Reactions: akila868

cheera

Jan 12, 2014
I recently received my AOR. I have a question regarding job title for one of my jobs. I posted this as a separate thread but received no replies. pls help.

In the PR application, I mentioned the title Assistant Data Analyst in work history. The job offer letter and payslips have Assistant Data Analyst as my job title.

However, in the reference letter, my manager wrote job title as Assistant Data Analyst/Business Analyst as I assisted both Data Analysts(initially, for less than a month) and Business Analysts(for 8 months) in the project. My reference letter comprises mostly Business Analyst job duties.

Does the addition of Business Analyst in job title in reference letter cause problems?

boldmove2018

Star Member
May 20, 2018
I checked my status around 5pm and didn't see an update. Checked at 7:30pm and saw that I passed the medical. CIC folks work long hours!

Reactions: acheandre

boldmove2018

Star Member
May 20, 2018
I recently received my AOR. I have a question regarding job title for one of my jobs. I posted this as a separate thread but received no replies. pls help.

In the PR application, I mentioned the title Assistant Data Analyst in work history. The job offer letter and payslips have Assistant Data Analyst as my job title.

However, in the reference letter, my manager wrote job title as Assistant Data Analyst/Business Analyst as I assisted both Data Analysts(initially, for less than a month) and Business Analysts(for 8 months) in the project. My reference letter comprises mostly Business Analyst job duties.

Does the addition of Business Analyst in job title in reference letter cause problems?

Hmmmm.....regardless of your job title if your reference letter can attest that your job duties under both titles match those of Assistant Data Analyst, you will probably be fine. Is Assistant Data Analyst is the closest NOC you can find to your job title/duties? If so, maybe say that in the reference letter or your letter of explanation.

Just my two cents. Best of luck!

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
@akila868
I created a test EE application to verify your query, and from my observations-

At the end of the help information (in the popup), you can find the below information:

Titles, prefixes, degrees, decorations
If your passport shows a title, prefix, suffix, professional or academic qualification, decoration, honour, award, or hereditary status, do not enter this on the application form, unless it is in the machine-readable zone of your passport (the portion below your photo and biographic information, sometimes called a "barcode").

Hence i would suggest you not to enter the Title information (mentioned in your passport) in the CIC EE application form - "Given/ Family Name" field unless you can find the same title/ prefix/ suffix in Machine Readable Zone section of the passport.
Let me know, if you have any queries.
Thanks friend. You have gone to great lengths to help me. Really appreciate it.

Yes I read that part too and decided against putting the title. I mentioned why I didn't put it in the LOE. Thank you very much for the support.

Reactions: SriTLIN

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Thanks friend. You have gone to great lengths to help me. Really appreciate it.

Yes I read that part too and decided against putting the title. I mentioned why I didn't put it in the LOE. Thank you very much for the support.
I like your idea of including the details in LOE (this should be more than enough to satisfy the VO). Good luck @akila868

Reactions: akila868

cheera

Jan 12, 2014
Hmmmm.....regardless of your job title if your reference letter can attest that your job duties under both titles match those of Assistant Data Analyst, you will probably be fine. Is Assistant Data Analyst the closest NOC you can find to your job title/duties? If so, maybe say that in the reference letter or your letter of explanation.

Just my two cents. Best of luck!
Thank you @boldmove2018 for the reply. I selected NOC 2171, as I had to collect data for client requirements(for a s/w) through different techniques, interact with developers and business users, conduct demos, and present reports to management. My main concern is the inconsistency in job titles in Job offer and reference letters. Hope I am not queried on this.

J2345

Feb 25, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
Are you outland or inland? If you're FSWO, would you mind sharing the mobile number you used in calling IRCC?
+1 (613) 944-4000