+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Thank you friend. I will do so.

I have a lawyer who I can take the affidavit. So no problem in that. Really appreciate the support.

One small thing, the married after name in passport observation also has "Mrs." in front of the name. Do I need to mention that as well in EE profile?
Strange, i did not observe Asian passport offices using applicant title in their official names. If you think, this is inconsistent or incorrect, you will have to change the name in the passport (by applying for a new one; not sure if you wanna go thru this hassle just before EE draw).
As per IRCC, you have to use the names as mentioned in the applicant travel document information (passport, in your case). The Canada Visa Officer, will compare applicant's personal details with their travel document information during application validation.

Reactions: akila868

JeMaAnd

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
I am May 22 AOR.
"Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes" - this appears under the application details. Is this normal? Then, under "Help" section it says "Once we receive the results of your medical exam, we will review them and tell you if you passed". Does this mean they have not yet received the results of the med exam through their online system? Thanks in advance!
It will change to Medical passed after they review your medical result. Same as ours but changed ito Medical Passed after 8days.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Strange, i did not observe Asian passport offices using applicant title in their official names. If you think, this is inconsistent or incorrect, you will have to change the name in the passport (by applying for a new one; not sure if you wanna go thru this hassle just before EE draw).
As per IRCC, you have to use the names as mentioned in the applicant travel document information (passport, in your case). The Canada Visa Officer, will compare applicant's personal details with their travel document information during application validation.
Its not incorrect or inconsistent, it is just that the title is shown in-front of the full name in observation page.

I took the following from this link, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/naming-procedures/names-structures-record-them-gcms.html

"Names with titles, prefixes, degrees, decorations
Titles, prefixes, suffixes, professional and academic qualifications, decorations, honours, awards, and hereditary status should not be identified as part of the name, unless they are included in a document’s MRZ, which means that the issuing state considers it to be an integral part of the name. Should a client wish to have such a title added to his or her name once in Canada, he or she should do so in accordance with the procedures outlined on the page Client request for change of name for reasons other than clerical/administrative error.

Example:

In this instance, the VIZ includes the title, MR. in the given name field, but it does not appear in the MRZ. Therefore, MR. should not be recorded in CIC’s system of record."

Last edited:
Reactions: SriTLIN

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Its not incorrect or inconsistent, it is just that the title is shown in-front of the full name in observation page.

I took the following from this link, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/naming-procedures/names-structures-record-them-gcms.html

Titles, prefixes, suffixes, professional and academic qualifications, decorations, honours, awards, and hereditary status should not be identified as part of the name, unless they are included in a document’s MRZ, which means that the issuing state considers it to be an integral part of the name. Should a client wish to have such a title added to his or her name once in Canada, he or she should do so in accordance with the procedures outlined on the page Client request for change of name for reasons other than clerical/administrative error.

Example:

In this instance, the VIZ includes the title, MR. in the given name field, but it does not appear in the MRZ. Therefore, MR. should not be recorded in CIC’s system of record."
Your research details mentioning the CIC article was very informative, and a new learning for me today. Thank you @akila868

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018

Example:

Great information

J2345

Feb 25, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
Pls add me for May AOR
NO. +94714793496

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Yup same date AOR- 21st May MEP-31st MAY . Ip1 since 31st may . Got ADR for submitting PCC again despite submitting at the time of application.
QUOTE="puneetg28, post: 6981376, member: 748679"]Quick update - May 21 AoR and 31 May MEP...Anybody past this stage for May AoRs?[/QUOTE]

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
34 days since AOR, checking in