FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
22-05-2018
Med's Request
05-06-2018
Well this was the IRCC agent, not consultant :(
:eek: ohh damn... okk... yeah try to see why WES did the equivalent to BA Degree instead of Masters.. I've seen quite a lot of this cases and they preferred to use another Company instead of WES even though it takes more time

CoolSandy

Feb 14, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-06-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
Hello. Need Help. Just received GCMS and my points were lowered because my Master's is from a non-recognized institute. I had called IRCC before submitting documents and the agent mentioned that you select Master's because it is not your fault that the system does not recognize it. Now I am stuck because of this. What to do? I have written to WES already.
But WES or someone must have evaluated your degree and given you Eca report right? Then, how can they not award points for it??

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
But WES or someone must have evaluated your degree and given you Eca report right? Then, how can they not award points for it??
Exactly my thought too. @comet7700, I want to believe that you have your ECA Pre ITA. If yes, then I see no reason why should worry unless what's stated on your ECA report is not equivalent to a Masters degree in Canada for which you gained FSW Points.

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hello. Need Help. Just received GCMS and my points were lowered because my Master's is from a non-recognized institute. I had called IRCC before submitting documents and the agent mentioned that you select Master's because it is not your fault that the system does not recognize it. Now I am stuck because of this. What to do? I have written to WES already.
But you just cannot take the agents opinion and run with it. IRCC has designated bodies for credential evaluation reason why we are advised to wait for the outcome of the evaluation report before submitting our applications. Now I want to believe that the agency that evaluated your masters degree may have noted that it is not from a recognized institution reason why you saw that on your notes. Was it stated on your ECA report that your Masters is not from a recognized institution?

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
But you just cannot take the agents opinion and run with it. IRCC has designated bodies for credential evaluation reason why we are advised to wait for the outcome of the evaluation report before submitting our applications. Now I want to believe that the agency that evaluated your masters degree may have noted that it is not from a recognized institution reason why you saw that on your notes. Was it stated on your ECA report that your Masters is not from a recognized institution?
It mentioned Master's from Non Recognized institute. After receiving the report, I called IRCC to check what I can do, and upon their recommendation, I chose it as Master's and not just Bachelors.

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
It mentioned Master's from Non Recognized institute. After receiving the report, I called IRCC to check what I can do, and upon their recommendation, I chose it as Master's and not just Bachelors.
This is a peculiar case. Wish you had contacted IRCC in writing at least you will have a proper evidence to show. And what do they mean my "recognized institution"? Does it mean that the masters program is not accredited? How about you try another credentials assessment body, but try to find out what will become the outcome of the evaluation.

Another thing you can do is to write a comprehensive LOE and raise a CSE. Was it equivalent to a Masters degree in Canada? Yes

Is it your fault that it wasn't a recognized institution? I don't think so.

Hold on the part of your assessment that says it is equivalent to a masters degree in canada. I hope you have this on your report?

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
This is a peculiar case. Wish you had contacted IRCC in writing at least you will have a proper evidence to show. And what do they mean my "recognized institution"? Does it mean that the masters program is not accredited? How about you try another credentials assessment body, but try to find out what will become the outcome of the evaluation.

Another thing you can do is to write a comprehensive LOE and raise a CSE. Was it equivalent to a Masters degree in Canada? Yes

Is it your fault that it wasn't a recognized institution? I don't think so.

Hold on the part of your assessment that says it is equivalent to a masters degree in canada. I hope you have this on your report?
I am doing exactly that. Thanks for a little bit of positivity.

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Hello all.

Reading through the thread has puts smiles on my face. I noticed a lot of persons here have seen their applications approved. And @ahmao is nearing same too. This is worthy of note.

My own application has remained in ip1 as at today, my CIC page has remained the same. AOR 4th May, and eligibility is under review as per the previous note of July which arrived sometime in August. Since inception, I've called the agents like twice still nothing seemed to have changed. Although I raised CSE after seeing the Case Analyst recommendations for which I got a reply in less than 48hrs that my docs were received and forwarded to the responsible office, and that I may be contacted if need be for further info or for the next stage of my application processing. Called two weeks after reading the email to learn whether eligibility has finally passed but the agent said no...she said an officer has been assigned to review my file, and that I should allow the officer sufficient time to work. So since then I didn't bother calling, but, that doesn't mean that I don't want to call at least to know if the Eligibility has finally passed. You all getting approvals are the best. :) I'm so happy for all of you. The majority of people I met here have gotten approvals! I see a lot of new handles and almost everyone here seems to be nearing there PPR. Those of us that are still waiting for either eligibility to pass or for their BG to turn to IP2 should not waiver. I understand how it feels but the end will always justify the means. Goodluck to all of us.
good luck to you too and lets hope we do not get ss

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
heard from a bro saying that if during bgc they ask for addtional doc regarding your research or your cv, it means you are under security screen, they did not ask for it to verify whether you should get screened, they ask for it because you are already in the process. Anyone care to comment on that? @legalfalcon, you are the expert, what do you think?

Kapil8885

Sep 3, 2018
I didn’t got email but today I looked at my application and it said your application is updated instead of submitted . What does this mean??? Currently I am in ip2