Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
It's just a letter offering free consultation / orientation to immigrants prior to landing. Usually it's send to applicants when they get PPR.
Thank you for the reply, is it send by mail or email?

Nov 16, 2017
Hi. New member here. I am Canadian and my wife is from Vietnam. We applied on March 6, 2017 with an immigration lawyer. She had her medical examination on October 24, 2017. On November 8, 2017 she got a phone call from Singapore Visa Officer and he did an interview with her on the phone (my wife can speak English). Before the interviewer hang up, he told her that they'll check her background (criminal report, we actually got the report in January of 2017 and gave it to our lawyer, which we believe she submitted with all the other papers). He said if there are no issues with the background check, my wife should expect an email telling her to apply for a visa. A few days later, instead of an email to apply for a visa, we got a PDF (IMM5081E) to apply for services for my wife to prepare to come to Canada. Because of the place my wife works at, she is required to give 45 days notice. So we asked our lawyer if my wife should quit her job now even though we did not receive the email to apply for a visa because it looks like my wife passed her interview. Why would the interviewer tell her that they will check her background is she had failed the interview. Also why would we get the IMM5081E (this is a new document as stated by our lawyer and when I googled for this form, only one other person received to form in another forum site) to apply for services to prepare to come to Canada if she'd failed her interview. Did anyone received this document and can we safely assume she has passed the interview and she can quit her job? Sorry for the long post as I am trying to give as much info as possible. TIA

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hi. New member here. I am Canadian and my wife is from Vietnam. We applied on March 6, 2017 with an immigration lawyer. She had her medical examination on October 24, 2017. On November 8, 2017 she got a phone call from Singapore Visa Officer and he did an interview with her on the phone (my wife can speak English). Before the interviewer hang up, he told her that they'll check her background (criminal report, we actually got the report in January of 2017 and gave it to our lawyer, which we believe she submitted with all the other papers). He said if there are no issues with the background check, my wife should expect an email telling her to apply for a visa. A few days later, instead of an email to apply for a visa, we got a PDF (IMM5081E) to apply for services for my wife to prepare to come to Canada. Because of the place my wife works at, she is required to give 45 days notice. So we asked our lawyer if my wife should quit her job now even though we did not receive the email to apply for a visa because it looks like my wife passed her interview. Why would the interviewer tell her that they will check her background is she had failed the interview. Also why would we get the IMM5081E (this is a new document as stated by our lawyer and when I googled for this form, only one other person received to form in another forum site) to apply for services to prepare to come to Canada if she'd failed her interview. Did anyone received this document and can we safely assume she has passed the interview and she can quit her job? Sorry for the long post as I am trying to give as much info as possible. TIA
That PDF you received might be the letter that was talked about above, for pre arrival services?

Nov 16, 2017
That PDF you received might be the letter that was talked about above, for pre arrival services?
I believe so. It talks about free services provided by Canada for the person coming to Canada. I just want to know that it means that she has passed and she should start quitting her job as her job requires her to give 45 days notice.

Naaaaa

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Hello. Anyone who is on the same timeline as ours? Spousal App. VO is Singapore.
Application received on May 2, 2017.
AOR: May 28, 2017
Medical Exam Passed: October 12, 2017
And until now our application status under BGCheck is still in progress and they will send us a message once they started the BG check.

Do you know how long should we wait until they start the BGCheck?
How about the DM and PPR?

I am confused and worried because others already have the DM and PPR or if not they already started the BG check. Are we really that late?

Thank youuuu!

Last edited:

veritasium

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Looks like she passed the phone interview. I also received the form you are refeering too. It is very likely that it means you can expect bacground check started and soon after that a DM for approval. IMM5081 is send to everyone who whose application has been approved or at least recommended for approval. So be happy it's good news.

halohalo88

Jun 25, 2017
We recived medical request Nov 7 and pre-arrival Nov 8. Bgc has not started yet.

What's your visa office? Is your pre-arrival from IRCC? coz after my medical examination I received pre-arrival seminar invitation twice.. just a text message coz I remembered during medical exam they ask for our number, coz they're gonna send us invitation for pre-arrival orientation.. and they did (they sent me twice).. but just last night, IRCC sent me pre-arrival seminar invitation..what about yours? Was it from Ircc too??