+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

halohalo88

Jun 25, 2017
My bgc still shows "not applicable" on my cic. It doesn't state 'in process'....it might after my file is transferred to VO
My bgc changed to processing from not applicable the day it was transferred to VO.. So I guess you're right.. Though I read on some applicants that they're bgc is still not applicable even after the transfer, so it's a case to case basis..

Mimi0203

Star Member
May 26, 2017
  1. We received null XXXXXXXXXX application for permanent residence on May 5, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received
My ECAS SHOWS THAT BUT INSTEAD OF APPLICATION RECEIVED IT SHOWS IN PROCESS AND UNDERLINED. DOES IT MEAN IT SHOULD BE AT THE VISA OFFICE NOW? BECAUSE MY SPOUSE HASN'T RECEIVED AN A TRANSFER EMAIL YET. IS THERE SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT?

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
My bgc changed to processing from not applicable the day it was transferred to VO.. So I guess you're right.. Though I read on some applicants that they're bgc is still not applicable even after the transfer, so it's a case to case basis..
mine went from its processing before the transfer to N/A after the transfer so i am not sure what it even means. honestly at this point, it's all just frustrating! haha

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
  1. We received null XXXXXXXXXX application for permanent residence on May 5, 2017.
My ECAS SHOWS THAT BUT INSTEAD OF APPLICATION RECEIVED IT SHOWS IN PROCESS AND UNDERLINED. DOES IT MEAN IT SHOULD BE AT THE VISA OFFICE NOW? BECAUSE MY SPOUSE HASN'T RECEIVED AN A TRANSFER EMAIL YET. IS THERE SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT?
ECAS should have a third line indicating that it is being processed for that to be AOR2.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
mine went from its processing before the transfer to N/A after the transfer so i am not sure what it even means. honestly at this point, it's all just frustrating! haha
Guys, please don't confuse yourself. As far as I have seen with other applicants, Background check might say either Not Applicable or Your application is in progress. Both of them means nothing. Depending on the VO, at some point that will change to We are processing your background check. Soon after that, you will get your DM (Decision Made). So, please don't get confused by "In Progress" and "In Process". They are different.

zara12

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
We received a letter from New Delhi Visa Office that our file has been transferred a day later after our ECAS status changed from Application received to In Process. According to me, there is nothing to worry about. Your spouse should receive an email soon.

Reactions: Mimi0203

Mimi0203

Star Member
May 26, 2017
We received a letter from New Delhi Visa Office that our file has been transferred a day later after our ECAS status changed from Application received to In Process. According to me, there is nothing to worry about. Your spouse should receive an email soon.
ok thanks

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Dear All Senior,

I am going to apply for Spousal visa. I am principal applicant and my wife is sponsoring me. In (New form of 2017) Supplementary Travel History Form IMM 5562 their is a question.

List all trip you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or residence in the last years(or since your 18th birthday if this was lees then 10 year ago.)

a) You- (Means Principals applicant travel history)

b) Your spouse or common law partner (Means sponsor Travel history)

As per question b) we have to provide them travel history of sponsor also???

Please advise especially those who filled their application forms in 2017.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Dear All Senior,

I am going to apply for Spousal visa. I am principal applicant and my wife is sponsoring me. In (New form of 2017) Supplementary Travel History Form IMM 5562 their is a question.

List all trip you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or residence in the last years(or since your 18th birthday if this was lees then 10 year ago.)

a) You- (Means Principals applicant travel history)

b) Your spouse or common law partner (Means sponsor Travel history)

As per question b) we have to provide them travel history of sponsor also???

Please advise especially those who filled their application forms in 2017.
Yes. That what it means. And I provided my (Sponsor) travel history as well.

Reactions: Aries69

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hey guys quick question.

On GCKey account of PA the Background check line from "In progress" changed to "Not applicable" y'day. What does it mean?

We have uploaded Sch A and PCC and the Additional doc line says "Docs Uploaded" and Med has passed.