+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi, I am a newbie here. I have a different case and stuck with lot of questions. Need some suggestions.
Currently, I hold post grad work permit and it is going to expire in July 2018. I am currently working as software professional in canada. I am going to create my express entry profile in Sep 1st week. While creating profile I want to add my boyfriend's profile . Currently he is in India and working in IT field. We were in realationship for couple of years, so we got married recently on May 22 at a register office in the presence of our friends. We wanted to get approval from our parents after he gets status here.

My questions are:
1)He is applying to visiting visa now and do we have to submit any proofs about our marriage while applying for visiting visa(TRV). In case if the visa is approved, what would be the validity?

2)Can he get the work permit after arriving in Canada at the airport? If yes, what all documents should we carry along with us?

3)When I apply for express entry, if I join his profile along with mine, is it going to cause problem as we didn't do it as a regular ceremony and
do immigration people doubt this ? And what all documents(personal emails, personal messages etc.,) should be submitted while we both apply for express entry?

4)In case if it cause a problem, can I apply PR for my self and later apply for dependent PR. Besides, in this case can he extend his work permit after July 2018?

Awaiting your suggestions.

Thanks!!
And for IRCC, he is not your boy friend. He is your husband :p

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
How is the medical pass status updated? I finished my medical on June 19th but cic hasn't been updated with anything yet

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am the only May 23rd Applicant left :(
Really frustrating
You are not only one waiting we are also waiting for AOR
our file was also received on May 23rd

Reactions: karthik.andhamil

j0829

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-28-2017
Doc's Request.
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
File Transfer...
15-07-2017
Med's Request
07-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-07-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
Finally guys we got an AOR
I don't understand because our app was sent MAy 3, but on the aor it says they received it on May 24..but anyway it doesn't matter now..at least we have a confirmation..
Just a little more patience guys and more more prayers;)
Congratulations!:)

anjhi

Jun 9, 2017
How is the medical pass status updated? I finished my medical on June 19th but cic hasn't been updated with anything yet

what country are you from? coz the philippines, you do your medical and then with in two weeks if everything is all good and you dnt have any problem woth your health, they'll pass it to cic.. if there is a problem they call us to come back and have more tests done something like that

Reactions: preity

Sneha89

Jun 22, 2017
Thanks for your suggestion:). I will definitely consider it. But, I heard it is taking 4 months to get work-permit from India. Is it true?

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Thanks for your suggestion:). I will definitely consider it. But, I heard it is taking 4 months to get work-permit from India. Is it true?
Yes. That's true. I heard it's taking nearly 4 months even for PG work permit. So people are going to border to get it done right away.
Anyways, you are more like to waste time on Visitor Visa because there's no guarantee in its approval. That's why I suggested to go for more straight forward way.