This works 100 % n every time
Use application number n family name
Don't fill anything on place of birth n country of birth leave these both blank
N fill out passport information n everything else
No. Of applicants 2
Will work for sure

ok ... will try this ...

just to be clear ...
who's passport number do I put in ..... I am the Canadian (sponsor) ...
I have been putting in my wife's passport number - is that correct ...
It is only me (in Canada) and my wife abroad --- do I still put in 2 for number of applicants ...

Belgiandank

Apr 4, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
05/23/2017
Doc's Request.
6/27/2017
AOR Received.
06/19/2017
File Transfer...
7/13/2017
Med's Request
6/28/2017
Med's Done....
7/3/2017
Passport Req..
01/08/2018
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2018

Fa93

Jun 1, 2017
Being approved as a sponsor is not contingent on linking your application. We never linked our application and it's in processing stage at VO, so don't panic about that. The only thing I have used to check is ecas. Alot of people have problems with linking.

Did you put 2 for number of applicants?
So how do u check on ecas after sending the file ?

Belgiandank

Apr 4, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
05/23/2017
Doc's Request.
6/27/2017
AOR Received.
06/19/2017
File Transfer...
7/13/2017
Med's Request
6/28/2017
Med's Done....
7/3/2017
Passport Req..
01/08/2018
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2018
ok ... will try this ...

just to be clear ...
It is only me (in Canada) and my wife abroad --- do I still put in 2 for number of applicants ...
That's what I did but wasn't able to link. I'm thinking that they may have some timeframe before it is ok to be linked. I have maxed out the number of try for today. I will try again in 24 hrs. Let me know what worked for you. What's your timeline if you don't mind

concol

Apr 29, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-11-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017 - schedule A and Police Clearance
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
submitted with Application - passed
ok ... will try this ...

just to be clear ...

Hey
I can help u with linking application
This works 100 % n every time
Use application number n family name
Don't fill anything on place of birth n country of birth leave these both blank
N fill out passport information n everything else
No. Of applicants 2
Will work for sure

ok ... will try this ...

just to be clear ...

ok ... YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST ..... got my application linked ... I used the filenumber and UCI -- put in my wife's passport details -- 2 as the number of people (me and my wife).

It worked .... :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks again .... I have a feeling I will have more questions.

ngrv

Jun 8, 2017
A quick question if anyone knows: PA has been asked for birth certificate along with sch A and says if birth certificate registered late than provide another proof like Indian voter card. My spouse doesn't have voter card. What other proof we can provide. Can we provide aadhar card as proof????

EMNG5

Feb 25, 2014
Guys, my PA GC key was updated and the background check is updated as "Not Applicable" ! What does it mean? Is it good or bad? I am getting worried!

sumitkumaragg

Apr 21, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse visa
App. Filed.......
4th may 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Hopefully not required.
LANDED..........
God's Mercy
A quick question if anyone knows: PA has been asked for birth certificate along with sch A and says if birth certificate registered late than provide another proof like Indian voter card. My spouse doesn't have voter card. What other proof we can provide. Can we provide aadhar card as proof????
provide birth certificate, provide all other adhaar, driver license, etc etc as much you can, also school certificates showing date and an affidavit from father stating birth cert was reg late due to give reason, this and this is parents, the birth date of our daughter is..., that we are not having voter card for my daughter as we never applied for it. if you can get a voter card made, that is the best way

Last edited:

sumitkumaragg

Apr 21, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse visa
App. Filed.......
4th may 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Hopefully not required.
LANDED..........
God's Mercy
Guys, my PA GC key was updated and the background check is updated as "Not Applicable" ! What does it mean? Is it good or bad? I am getting worried!
my wives account shows same, don't worry, i think hopefully it is not required as in the past i have observed that candidates status changes to background check in process and same day it changes to decision made which means in real they dont do it for everyone. thus now their software has a provision to show it as not applicable.

EMNG5

Feb 25, 2014
my wives account shows same, don't worry, i think hopefully it is not required as in the past i have observed that candidated status changes to background check in process and same day it changes to decision made which means in real they dont do it for everyone. thus now there software has a provision to show it as not applicable.
Thank you.. :)

ngrv

Jun 8, 2017
provide birth certificate, provide all other adhaar, driver license, etc etc as much you can, also school certificates showing date and an affidavit from father stating birth cert was reg late due to give reason, this and this is parents, the birth date of our daughter is..., that we are not having voter card for my daughter as we never applied for it. if you can get a voter card made, that is the best way
Thank you, I have one more question, on of my husband's 10th marksheet his last name is misspelled, will that be an issue. I mean instead of Khanija its spelled Khanjia. however parent's name is spelled correct on it.

sumitkumaragg

Apr 21, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse visa
App. Filed.......
4th may 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Hopefully not required.
LANDED..........
God's Mercy
Thank you, I have one more question, on of my husband's 10th marksheet his last name is misspelled, will that be an issue. however parent's name is spelled correct on it.
10th std normally has passing cert and marksheet, if both carry wrong spelling, attach a cover letter saying the same thing and mention that this is a clerical mistake and show other 12 grade documents as a support document, also if both doesn't have wrong spell, attach only one of them correct.
If you have 8th grade or 12th grade stating dob, attach them as well.

these documents are backup support of not having one document, in your case you have late registered bc.
support for this is voter card and school certificates, now you dont have these perfect.
backing for them is affidavits and all other proofs you can present, i would say good luck.

rest i am not a immigration perfectionist but i have studied those things closely, and i think if i was a immigration officer, i would certainly refer other backup docs presented.
i had similar case, matric cert was again in hindi, translated, gave affidavits, attached all rest docs.

one thing that has always worked for me, in my case 2 years back and now is attach explanation for each doubtful thing, always do it as immigration officer can assume situation in either way but if you have attached explanation, atleast he is clear with situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: ngrv

ngrv

Jun 8, 2017
10th std normally has passing cert and marksheet, if both carry wrong spelling, attach a cover letter saying the same thing and mention that this is a clerical mistake and show other 12 grade documents as a support document, also if both doesn't have wrong spell, attach only one of them correct.
If you have 8th grade or 12th grade stating dob, attach them as well.

these documents are backup support of not having one document, in your case you have late registered bc.
support for this is voter card and school certificates, now you dont have these perfect.
backing for them is affidavits and all other proofs you can present, i would say good luck.

rest i am not a immigration perfectionist but i have studied those things closely, and i think if i was a immigration officer, i would certainly refer other backup docs presented.
i had similar case, matric cert was again in hindi, translated, gave affidavits, attached all rest docs.

one thing that has always worked for me, in my case 2 years back and now is attach explanation for each doubtful thing, always do it as immigration officer can assume situation in either way but if you have attached explanation, atleast he is clear with situation.
Thank you so much for quick response.

onthebrink

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
They need details of all the family members of PA. I assume you have attached the photos with the generic form, isn't it? There is an order to arrange the documents before sending it. Go through the checklist and arrange it exactly as they have listed. If you have checked the country specific documents, ensure that you attach the travel details of both PA, Sponsor, family members along with the copies of exit, entry stamps in their passports also. Documentation is not easy as you think. They have a reason to send the application back. Do our part in a best possible way. Best of luck
Thanks!
It's only his parents and brother. They've now been listed on the Additional Family Information page. We have the 2 recent photos, we've made them visible instead of in the photographers envelope. Thought it would be common sense. But hey! It appears to be all correct now, I've triple checked. There shouldn't be any issues past this.