March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
LRems80 said:
Our application which arrived in Mississauga on May 8th got returned to me today. They said there is no proof of payment, but I put the receipt inside our application as they instructed. All of my documents are scattered and some are missing including the receipt of payment. I'm furious! This wasted a whole month of processing.
What? How horrible! I'm so sorry.

I would double-check everything again (to be sure they didn't lose anything else), and write a cover letter explaining that it was sent back due to mishandling at the VO. I'm hoping they'll bump you to the front—or at least back in line—after reading that. :(

I've heard of this happening before. Makes me hyper paranoid. Keep us updated.

LRems80

May 27, 2015
Ineffable said:
What? How horrible! I'm so sorry.

I would double-check everything again (to be sure they didn't lose anything else), and write a cover letter explaining that it was sent back due to mishandling at the VO. I'm hoping they'll bump you to the front—or at least back in line—after reading that. :(

I've heard of this happening before. Makes me hyper paranoid. Keep us updated.
I found the receipt for our proof of payment which they said I didn't send. I found it in between some of our
pictures we included with our app. This is not where I placed it originally. I put it in the folder they specified so
there would be no confusion. They would have to be blind to not see it starring at them when they first
opened it.

Like anyone else here I took care in organizing everything so this kind of bs wouldn't happen. What I want
to know is do I have to reorganize this mess they made into separate folders again? They just clumped all
our documents into one giant folder and I don't know what's missing and what isn't because my wife did her
folders herself.

I just want to resubmit with a letter like you mentioned. Sigh, so stressful. Our baby is going to be a
month older now before I see him again because of some idiot's mistake at the VO office and my wife is
crying because she thinks it's impossible to enter Canada.

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
LRems80 said:
I found the receipt for our proof of payment which they said I didn't send. I found it in between some of our
pictures we included with our app. This is not where I placed it originally. I put it in the folder they specified so
there would be no confusion. They would have to be blind to not see it starring at them when they first
opened it.

Like anyone else here I took care in organizing everything so this kind of bs wouldn't happen. What I want
to know is do I have to reorganize this mess they made into separate folders again? They just clumped all
our documents into one giant folder and I don't know what's missing and what isn't because my wife did her
folders herself.

I just want to resubmit with a letter like you mentioned. Sigh, so stressful. Our baby is going to be a
month older now before I see him again because of some idiot's mistake at the VO office and my wife is
Wow. I'm sorry for you guys! But if I was in your shoes, I would organize everything perfectly again, write a letter explaining the situation and send it back asap.
I keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck.

spinning_sponsor

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015 and 02-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
IN PROCESS 09-10-2015 DM 11-02-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
LRems80 said:
Our application which arrived in Mississauga on May 8th got returned to me today. They said there is no proof of payment, but I put the receipt inside our application as they instructed. All of my documents are scattered and some are missing including the receipt of payment. I'm furious! This wasted a whole month of processing.
Oh no... That's terrible! My Application was received by them on May 8th as well... I sure the same person doesn't their hands on my app. I would be absolutely furious if I see my application package returned to me within the next few days.

Now I have this terrible feeling I'm going to see my returned package in the mail today, just because someone at Mississauga doesn't feel like doing their job correctly.

esuzu

May 6, 2015
LRems80 said:
I am extremely sorry to hear that. This happened to me when I applied for my permanent residency, I have realised that if you pay from credit card CIC creates 2 different type of receipts. The first receipt is created immediately which I believe they cannot trace back, there is second receipt (with bar code and information section to fill) that comes on your id when you log-in your CIC account, which is the valid receipt (That is what happened in my case).
My wife application reached Mississauga on 7th May haven't heard anything from CIC yet. :(

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
LRems80 said:
Is there any reason why your wife can't enter into Canada? You're able to enter and leave with an Outland application under normal circumstances. The reality is that her passport isn't associated yet with the PR since your application hasn't begun processing. So, even if you had a fear they wouldn't let her in, there's still time before they do enter that into their systems.

I've also heard some people in the past have a similar situation to yours, and their app was placed back in the queue. I'm not sure if that's the case always, but I know it's possible. (Perhaps you can indicate that somewhere on the box/package that it's resubmitted application for "missing" documents.)

Definitely include a cover letter stating what happened. I know I'd have a hard time remaining diplomatic in a letter like that, but hopefully someone will see it and feel that they need to expedite your application for their mistake. If you're inclined, there's a place to leave feedback for the CIC on their site. Definitely let them know this was their error/incompetence.

Chin up!

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
esuzu said:
My wife application reached Mississauga on 7th May haven't heard anything from CIC yet. :(
My application was received the 5th, and I haven't heard anything either. You're not alone!

I wonder if it's someone's job just to open the packages, check to make sure everything is in them, and then stack them in a pile for AOR—something like a conveyer belt.

It's the only explanation as to why LRems80's application who was received on May 8th was opened and returned despite no May applications having yet to receive AOR.

They must just be opening them to check for documents, then putting them in a pile for someone who actually will complete the AOR paperwork. Clearly they're making mistakes that way by doing a rush job . . .

PS--Does anyone know what kind of clout a Canadian MP might have, say in making a phone call to get your application back in queue? Might be something that could help you, LRems80.

JandAtoC

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-08-2015
AOR Received.
June-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015 - Off to Ottawa IP: Oct-09-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Nov-26-2015
That's a very good assessment Ineffable. That would also explain why LRems80's application came back in disarray.

Gotta wonder if the people working there know how valuable our packages are.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
JandAtoC said:
That's a very good assessment Ineffable. That would also explain why LRems80's application came back in disarray.

Gotta wonder if the people working there know how valuable our packages are.
It makes you realize that they're <b>highly</b> likely to lose documents if a conveyer belt is their system.

If that theory holds water, then applications are no longer open in the hands of the two people I assumed would have them (one Mississauga office worker for AOR and SA and one VO worker for AOR2, etc.).

Our applications are in the hands of multiple people. Given that those employees are likely underpaid, overworked, and overwhelmed, I'd imagine they're not treating our applications with the same level of attention that we would give them (or worrying about how organized they are after they're done with them).

This would explain why so many people have had their applications sent back, requesting documents applicants know they included.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at that place. The things we would likely see . . .

neggo

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015, re-meds 06-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
25-08-2015 (appendix A), DM 09-01-2017, PPR received in Ottawa 16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017 CoPR received
LRems80 said:
That makes me angry and anxious at the same time. If, in fact, it may have been the fault of those who check contents of mail and mess everything up, the anxiety for me would increase even more...

How did you send the application? By regular mail, express mail, courier, etc...?

Destrike

May 15, 2015
Ineffable said:
My application was received the 5th, and I haven't heard anything either. You're not alone!

I wonder if it's someone's job just to open the packages, check to make sure everything is in them, and then stack them in a pile for AOR—something like a conveyer belt.

It's the only explanation as to why LRems80's application who was received on May 8th was opened and returned despite no May applications having yet to receive AOR.

They must just be opening them to check for documents, then putting them in a pile for someone who actually will complete the AOR paperwork. Clearly they're making mistakes that way by doing a rush job . . .

PS--Does anyone know what kind of clout a Canadian MP might have, say in making a phone call to get your application back in queue? Might be something that could help you, LRems80.
Our application was received on the 4th May, and we recieved our AoR on Saturday (30th May). As of today eCas is accessible with info. SO if you've not heard anything yet and they recieved it after the 4th.. it'll hopefully be soon for you!

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Got AOR! Finally! My app was received on May 5th.

hillaryh

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 23,2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 6, 2015
Med's Done....
May 3, 2015
LANDED..........
DM- Dec 6, 2015
We also got AOR ! App was received 5/5 =]

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
hillaryh said:
We also got AOR ! App was received 5/5 =]
Twins! ;D

Now we wait for SA. (Hoping it's not more than 2 weeks!)

Aussieinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Hey everyone! :)
We sent away our application on the 16th May from Australia, it was received on the 26th May. Now it's the waiting game! I've added our info into the spreadsheet, can't wait to update it!