Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
I contacted CIC this morning to change my address. The person I was speaking to says that I am in the system, but they haven't touched our application yet as they are working on Apps received May 8th. I explained our situation to her and she said that as soon as the missing document is received, whoever is working on our app should be on it. She also said that if I haven't heard anything when CIC is said to be working on apps received May 14th and beyond, I should call so that they can contact the officer working on our file. I'm not sure how legitimate it is but, I'm just happy to hear something.

Let's hope everyone here hears positive results soon!

buttar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th May 2014
AOR Received.
16 May 2014 ,second AOR 29th July NDVO
File Transfer...
21 July 2014+SA
Passport Req..
8th January 2015
VISA ISSUED...
IP FROM 5TH NOVEMBER +Decision Made 9th january 2015+visa issued on 14 january..
LANDED..........
will fly soon...
Hello nears and dears,
I m new on this forum.. I am also on same boat as you guys are.. I have applied as a spouse 14 May 2014 and CIC received my file on 16th may. Cuz today morning I have check ecas status. It shows we received xxx (name)file for permanent residence on 16May. When I can see full details of my application. still have not got any letter from them. Much appreciated with forum of you guys.. can you please let me know what next?

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
Mrs.Purcy said:
I contacted CIC this morning to change my address. The person I was speaking to says that I am in the system, but they haven't touched our application yet as they are working on Apps received May 8th. I explained our situation to her and she said that as soon as the missing document is received, whoever is working on our app should be on it. She also said that if I haven't heard anything when CIC is said to be working on apps received May 14th and beyond, I should call so that they can contact the officer working on our file. I'm not sure how legitimate it is but, I'm just happy to hear something.

Let's hope everyone here hears positive results soon!
I hope that's the case :) I'm so anxious.

jammv

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
29-07-2014 (SA received)
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Passport Req..
19-01-2015 (DM:20-01-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Received - Feb 11th
How can you login into ecas(as a sponsored person) without getting the file number??

buttar said:
Hello nears and dears,
I m new on this forum.. I am also on same boat as you guys are.. I have applied as a spouse 14 May 2014 and CIC received my file on 16th may. Cuz today morning I have check ecas status. It shows we received xxx (name)file for permanent residence on 16May. When I can see full details of my application. still have not got any letter from them. Much appreciated with forum of you guys.. can you please let me know what next?

beeelythe

Star Member
Oct 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Doc's Request.
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
14-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
29-12-2017
Hi all!

We're playing the waiting game as well, but it shouldn't be too long now.

Our application was received on May 20th and we had to send it with an expired FBI certificate. We added a note explaining that another was on order and would be sent in as soon as it arrived. Well, we got it! However, I'm not sure where to send it in? Still Mississauga? We haven't been issued a case number as we haven't gotten AOR yet.

I'm concerned about sending the FBI certificate in with just a note with our names and date of birth on it. Does that seem wise? I want to be sure it gets attached to the application...

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
beeelythe said:
Hi all!

We're playing the waiting game as well, but it shouldn't be too long now.

Our application was received on May 20th and we had to send it with an expired FBI certificate. We added a note explaining that another was on order and would be sent in as soon as it arrived. Well, we got it! However, I'm not sure where to send it in? Still Mississauga? We haven't been issued a case number as we haven't gotten AOR yet.

I'm concerned about sending the FBI certificate in with just a note with our names and date of birth on it. Does that seem wise? I want to be sure it gets attached to the application...

Thoughts?

Thank you!
I would wait until you get sponsorship approval and then send the FBI check to Ottawa with your UCI and File Number.

mtl514

Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
preparing docs
Sweden said:
Indeed - Canadians living abroad have to send proofs to CIC that they intend to return to Canada and establish themselves there once the PR for their spouse is approved. In this case, if the husband goes and visit his wife, most likely he will still have strong ties to Canada - a house to return to, a job, a bank account, etc. That would be proofs for CIC that the husband is only temporary outside of Canada to spend time with his wife until she gets the PR, but once it is approved, they will both go to Canada.
Sweden, and how about the following case:
I am the sponsor, living outside Canada for 4 years now. I am applying from outside, but am I allowed during the waiting period to return to Canada before my husband gets his visa? The thing is that I am on maternity leave and he's recently unemployed :( This would show them my intentions of returning and that I will be able to support him, because I intend to find a job and return by the end of the year. I know I have to just inform them of my new address. Other thoughts?

buttar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th May 2014
AOR Received.
16 May 2014 ,second AOR 29th July NDVO
File Transfer...
21 July 2014+SA
Passport Req..
8th January 2015
VISA ISSUED...
IP FROM 5TH NOVEMBER +Decision Made 9th january 2015+visa issued on 14 january..
LANDED..........
will fly soon...
jammv said:
How can you login into ecas(as a sponsored person) without getting the file number??
Hii thanks jammv..
Indeed my wife ecas status shows my detail..there i can find my application status..although not have my file number issued..its complicated..So i have question in mind, is my application as spouse accepted by cic or not yet..just they received..please reply..thanks

mtl514

Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
preparing docs
Guys, I am following your nice and friendly thread while filling out our apps. I hope you can help me clarify one Q:

I'm confused here IMM5481:

NUMBER OF FAMILY MEMBERS...
4. Yourself - 1 (me)
5. a) Current undertaking
# of persons included in box #3 of IMM0888, under Applicaton Details - 1 (my husband)
6. Persons not included in 5
b) every other family member not included above and dependent on you... - do I put my kid in here???
7. Total number - 3, I guess, if my son applies to 6b.

Thanks in advance!

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtl514 said:
Guys, I am following your nice and friendly thread while filling out our apps. I hope you can help me clarify one Q:

4. Yourself - 1 (me)
# of persons included in box #3 of IMM0888, under Applicaton Details - 1 (my husband)
b) every other family member not included above and dependent on you... - do I put my kid in here???

Thanks in advance!
i guess, Your husband and your son goes in IMM0008 form box number 3 if your son lives with your husband and add your son as dependent
and then leave 6 and 7 as not applicable
and if you sponsored your son before and your son lives with you, i guess, then you might have to include him as previous undertaking a or b category or which ever applicable

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elegant.heena said:
i guess, Your husband and your son goes in IMM0008 form box number 3 if your son lives with your husband and add your son as dependent
and then leave 6 and 7 as not applicable
and if you sponsored your son before and your son lives with you, i guess, then you might have to include him as previous undertaking a or b category or which ever applicable
Senior members will be in better posution to answer your question

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
Hey travel,

I was rearranging the sheet and noticed that someone changed your application received date to May 8, 2014 whereas the application sent date is May 9, 2014. i remember that the application received date was May 12, 2014.

Should I change it back to May 12, 2014

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
mtl514 said:
Sweden, and how about the following case:
I am the sponsor, living outside Canada for 4 years now. I am applying from outside, but am I allowed during the waiting period to return to Canada before my husband gets his visa? The thing is that I am on maternity leave and he's recently unemployed :( This would show them my intentions of returning and that I will be able to support him, because I intend to find a job and return by the end of the year. I know I have to just inform them of my new address. Other thoughts?
Being a Canadian Citizen you can leave and return to Canada as you please, its your spouse the main applicant that is applying outland.

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
mtl514 said:

4. Yourself - 1 (me)

Thanks in advance!
hey, yeah, you include your kid as well , it's your dependant. but hey, wait, if you're a canadian citizen, i think he gets canadian citizenship straight away? please make a new thread about it and seniors will respond to you.

we're in the same boat i see, finally someone applying thru Bucharest! ;D come join us in our little romanian thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/romanian-timeline-in-process-t88019.750.html

good luck to you!

Nltocan

Jul 9, 2014
The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2015
Hey hey,

I'd like to join in on the fun!

I'm a Canadian citizen living in the Netherlands with my Dutch husband (we have one kid who has Canadian & Dutch citizenship with another on the way)and I'm sponsoring him...hopefully! I thought we had/have a pretty cut and dry case but now I'm getting nervous.

Anyways, our Sponsorship application was received in Mississauga May 27, 2014 and our VO is Vienna....btw: any light on that subject?! Why Vienna for Dutch applicants!? Paris and London are far easier to get to and geographically closer :-/