+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2014-Citizenship application

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Anyone out here who sent their citizenship application in May and have received any acknowledgement.

Mine was received(as per the courier records)on May 12 however no acknowledgement from CIC yet.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I haven't had AOR yet. When I called them in middle of May, they said they were working on Applications received March 27th. If you extrapolate from that, they will likely open May applications in July.

ankj

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I applied for the Citizenship (along with my wife application). Application was received at Sydney office on May 20th 2014. No AOR as of now.

Thanks

Hopeful One

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application rec'd May 1st and was returned June 12th. Nothing was noted on ECAS though, just rec'd my application back in the mail today.

Photos where missing the stamp and date by photographer.

I knew there might be a problem because some paperwork was missing in the application and the photo stamp so I re-submitted a new application with the missing paperwork with new photos and it arrived on May 5th, so hoping they accept that application.

They also mailed my application to my street address...I live in a small town and have a box number...so now have to call them and make sure they will use the box number because the Canada post people here are jerks (nicest word) and will send it back.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
That's good you sent a second application. I see no reason why they won't accept the second one. On a different note, it's positive news that they have at least began opening May applications.

Hopeful One said:
Application rec'd May 1st and was returned June 12th. Nothing was noted on ECAS though, just rec'd my application back in the mail today.

Photos where missing the stamp and date by photographer.

I knew there might be a problem because some paperwork was missing in the application and the photo stamp so I re-submitted a new application with the missing paperwork with new photos and it arrived on May 5th, so hoping they accept that application.

They also mailed my application to my street address...I live in a small town and have a box number...so now have to call them and make sure they will use the box number because the Canada post people here are jerks (nicest word) and will send it back.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Any news regarding the applications sent on May 2014 ?
Mine was received May 5th. I'm really hoping it won't be returned because of a silly detail.

Still nothing on ecas.
Requested an ATIP for citizenship yesterday (just to try) and got a response today saying they couldn't retrieve any information linked to my name in the citizenship files.

Hopeful One

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they are starting processing complete applications received mid-April now, so another month and they should (hopefully) start working on May applications.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship Applicant friends,
I didn't receive any test letter yet, my local office is Vancouver?
My Time Line As Under:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Citizenship Applicant friends,
I didn't receive any test letter yet, my local office is Vancouver?
My Time Line As Under:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Please join the main thread on May 2014 applicants .. You will find more info there

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship Friends,
Waiting for my final Oath now @ Vancouver office. This is my timeline.

Citizenship

We sent you a notice on January 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.