Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-03-2014
iKhalid said:
Yes, have a look at this:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-body-tried-uturn-at-prescott-bridge-for-landing-and-successful-t171965.0.html
Thanks Ikhalid. I just remember that someone posted few weeks ago that they no longer accept U-turns at this site! But i'm not sure.

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's Received: 14-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
msaeti said:
Thanks Ikhalid. I just remember that someone posted few weeks ago that they no longer accept U-turns at this site! But i'm not sure.
I rarely see people here talking about Prescott... I'm going there anyways because we have the US VISA.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
Honestly, if you have the US visa or are visa exempt, just go to the States for a night or two. It's not worth the stress of not knowing if CBSA will deal with you properly.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_May 13 said:
Hi Seniors,

What is the differernce between Physical file and Electronic file in GCMS notes? If i order for electronic file, can i get the detailed status of my application.

Also, i have already applied 2 times for GCMS. Can I apply for th 3rd time.

Please advice.
Physical or Electronic, it dosent matter. Both have same information. The only difference is Physical will be mailed (Posted) to you, where as the Electronic will be emailed.

Please wait for sometime before you apply for the 3rd time, they maybe working on your 2nd request. Give like a month, you may get it. If not then apply for a new one.

Tuarus

May 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
11-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
hey folks,

I have 11 months old baby born in Canada whom I've updated CPC earlier. Do I need to send her Canadian passport also in PPR Request?

thanks

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
Tuarus said:
hey folks,

I have 11 months old baby born in Canada whom I've updated CPC earlier. Do I need to send her Canadian passport also in PPR Request?

thanks

No . I have a Canadian baby and did not send his passport to them. Just sent my padsprot and my non-canadian kids passports.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maza said:
No . I have a Canadian baby and did not send his passport to them. Just sent my padsprot and my non-canadian kids passports.
That's correct, why should a Canadian Passport be sent.

CEC_May 13

Mar 19, 2014
Hi cecstatchk , thanks for your advice on not applying 3rd GCMS note for now.

I am confused now, please clarify. I have got the 1st GCMS note with a covering letter and a CD. In the CD, they sent all the scanned version of the documents I had submitted, It says file received on May 17, AOR on July 4th and files transferred on July 17. No other information. Not sure where the files have been transferred.

In the covering letter, it stated "Your request is complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested". There is nothing mentioned about the application status.

Is this how GCMS notes will be there? Am I doing any thing wrong here. I am wondering when I will be getting the status of my application in GCMS notes.

Please advice.

Thanks

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_May 13 said:
Hi cecstatchk , thanks for your advice on not applying 3rd GCMS note for now.

I am confused now, please clarify. I have got the 1st GCMS note with a covering letter and a CD. In the CD, they sent all the scanned version of the documents I had submitted, It says file received on May 17, AOR on July 4th and files transferred on July 17. No other information. Not sure where the files have been transferred.

In the covering letter, it stated "Your request is complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested". There is nothing mentioned about the application status.

Is this how GCMS notes will be there? Am I doing any thing wrong here. I am wondering when I will be getting the status of my application in GCMS notes.

Please advice.

Thanks
Hi CEC_May 13, please don't panic. I know how it feels after waiting for such a long time and not seeing anything in GCMS. There are few sections which you need to see.

1. On the first page what is the GCMS Requested date ? Requested Date will be on the first few lines on top of the page. If its like a while ago then obviously you cant find much information in this file. Take my case. I ordered 1st GCMS Jan 9th and I got MR on Feb 1st. The Requested date in GCMS was Jan 17, before I received MR. I got the notes on Feb 3rd. Trust me when I opened it nothing was there, every stage was PENDING/NOT STARTED, except for Criminality which was IN-PROCESS. The point is Requested Date on the document is important.

2. If you read the GCMS carefully, you should see ASSESSMENT. They would have listed Eligibility, Security, HIRV, Criminality, Medicals ... etc. What is given in that. Again since this is your 1st GCMS, it may be Not Started as it was generated long time back.

3. If you go down the GCMS there will be individual sections for CLIENT DETAILS, ELIGIBILITY etc. Read those, again there may not be any information as it was generated a while ago.

4. Scroll down to the very last couple of pages where there are NOTES. Check those. As your application progresses each stage the VO enter comments in this section. Any findings in your application will be listed here. Check if there is something.

In Short, if the GCMS has a "Requested Date" a while ago, please don't expect much information. Like I stated in point 1, if the GCMS was generated even a day before the VO acted on your file, there wont be any information.

Please don't panic, it took me a while to clam myself and understand this thing. Let me know if you need more details.

CEC_May 13

Mar 19, 2014
Hi cecstatchk ,

Thank you so much for your reply. Very much appreciated.

First of all, i did not receive a proper GCMS notes at all looks like, thats why I was thinking whether i have applied it properly. Below is communication from them.

I have received 2 things.

1. 1 CD - This is the scanned copy of all my documents submitted. In that, there is one page which shows when CIC received the file, when AOR sent and it was mentioned that Files Transfered on July17 (this is also a scanned version). No other information.

2. A covering letter- This is a just a 1 page covering letter. It refers "your request for Access to Information is completed. Please find the documents attached. No other information here also.

As you had mentioned in all your points, I did not recieve any proper GCMS notes with GCMS requested date, Assessment, Client details., Eligibility etc... There is no section at all.

Am i doing anyting wrong here in applying wrong web portal, I am not sure... Also, can you please send the link for GCMS notes once again.

Thanks for your kind reply.

SHIRDISAI

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2014 (RCMP Request) /20-02-2014 ( default PCC request)
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent along with package
File Transfer...
17-09-2013
Med's Request
Changed to in process on 23 Apr 2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014 & 24-02-2014 (Medical Sent) , Paid RPRF upfront
Passport Req..
1st May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th May 2015
LANDED..........
1st June 2015
cecstatchk said:
Physical or Electronic, it dosent matter. Both have same information. The only difference is Physical will be mailed (Posted) to you, where as the Electronic will be emailed.

Please wait for sometime before you apply for the 3rd time, they maybe working on your 2nd request. Give like a month, you may get it. If not then apply for a new one.
It's not a same . If You request Physical file , They will send you the scan copy of your case files . that includes all your document that you sent to CIO

If you want to check your status then you have to order Electronics notes that VO has put in your case .

It's my own experience .

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_May 13 said:
Hi cecstatchk ,

Thank you so much for your reply. Very much appreciated.

First of all, i did not receive a proper GCMS notes at all looks like, thats why I was thinking whether i have applied it properly. Below is communication from them.

I have received 2 things.

1. 1 CD - This is the scanned copy of all my documents submitted. In that, there is one page which shows when CIC received the file, when AOR sent and it was mentioned that Files Transfered on July17 (this is also a scanned version). No other information.

2. A covering letter- This is a just a 1 page covering letter. It refers "your request for Access to Information is completed. Please find the documents attached. No other information here also.

As you had mentioned in all your points, I did not recieve any proper GCMS notes with GCMS requested date, Assessment, Client details., Eligibility etc... There is no section at all.

Am i doing anyting wrong here in applying wrong web portal, I am not sure... Also, can you please send the link for GCMS notes once again.

Thanks for your kind reply.
I would say apply for Electronic because that's what I did. But how did you do your 2nd request ? was it physical or electronic ?

CEC_May 13

Mar 19, 2014
Thanks Shirdisai/cecstatchk

Bad luck. Even the 2nd one also I applied as Physical. I know the results are same even it comes.

I beleive i can go for electronic notes for the 3rd time now.

Please suggest.

SHIRDISAI

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2014 (RCMP Request) /20-02-2014 ( default PCC request)
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent along with package
File Transfer...
17-09-2013
Med's Request
Changed to in process on 23 Apr 2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014 & 24-02-2014 (Medical Sent) , Paid RPRF upfront
Passport Req..
1st May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th May 2015
LANDED..........
1st June 2015
CEC_May 13 said:
Thanks Shirdisai/cecstatchk

Bad luck. Even the 2nd one also I applied as Physical. I know the results are same even it comes.

I beleive i can go for electronic notes for the 3rd time now.

Please suggest.
as your second one is still in progress , If you apply new one , they will merge both request , so I would say first wait for second one to come before you apply new one .