Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
iKhalid said:
Congrats to who got the MR!

I have a question that worries me. When I submitted the application, I didn't include the security clearance from my home country as it's really hard to get one since I have to justify it and include the request letter with it. Not to mention that my home country doesn't approve duel citizenships or any lead to that. I'm still trying to find ways to get one nonetheless. So, will be getting a letter from CIC about it or would CIC reject my application all together?!

I'm currently living in Canada and I've been here for 9 years continuously. I came here when I was 23 so according to the rules I still have to provide one.

Your advice to this matter is greatly appreciated.
You will have to provide the Police certificate. CIC won't reject your application but they will request the Police certificate. Try your best to get it asap since it seems CIC has started wo work on May applications. With regards to dual citizenship, you're only applying for PR not Canadian Citizenship, so I don't believe it should be an issue.

lucky_CA

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Send with application
File Transfer...
09-07-2013
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-02-2014 (Ottawa) , 07-03-2014 (local visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
Hi gfromearth
Could you share your time line?

kunwar2013

Nov 14, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I applied in Nov 2013 and I have a question. I am posting here as you might have gone through some of the stages and will be able to provide some insight. Here is the situation I am in:

As everyone will know, if we apply under CEC we have to agree to settle outside Quebec. I am an Intra company transferee and was transferred from India to my company in Toronto but my client is in Montreal. So i have been working here in Montreal all the time I have been in Canada and I am still working here in Montreal. My resident and mailing address with CIC is also Montreal address.

If questioned by CIC, I can tell them that since my base location is India, I have to leave my present job and my client location also in case if get the PR. And I am looking for jobs outside Quebec.

Can someone please let me know if this could be enough to convince them or if this could be a problem?
If yes, what would be the best way to handle this situation?

Thank you in advance.

Amit Malik

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does your company has headquarters outside the province of Quebec?....

That can help alot....I have a friend in Quebec and he has also applied for cec bein based in Quebec....his headquarter is in ontario....and company can provide a letter stating ur needs...

Hope this helps

kunwar2013

Nov 14, 2013
byrwus said:
have you lived anywhere else than Montreal?
{No, Other than Montreal, I have lived in India but not in any other part of Canada}

Is it that the company posted you to Montreal, but anytime they can send you to another location as well?
{Yes, my company (from India) sent me to Montreal at client location. My company also have office in Toronto but not in Montreal. They can ask me to come back to India but will move me to Toronto only if there is a requirement which is very unlikely}

the hiring company is not located in Quebec. What are the chances your documents will indicate you work in Montreal?
{The hiring company (i.e. my employer) is based out in India and I was temporary transferred to their Toronto office. But i have been working at client location in Montreal and didn't need to go to Toronto office even once.
Yes, you are correct none of my employment letters talks about Montreal. It mentions that I was transferred from India to Toronto. But in Background form I had to enter the addresses where i have stayed and there i had to mention that I stayed in Montreal}

I would say you are good to go. Yur company has multiple locations. Today you are in Montreal but you do not know where you are going to be tomorrow.
It was not your choice to work in Montreal, the current project is there though.

To be on the safe side I would ask the manager what are the options to move to another location for the purpose of CEC.
{My manager wont help me to apply for PR as my home office is in India and they will obviously want me to come back rather than settling here}

And last one question, in the current circumstances, are you eligible for any Quebec immigration program while your employer isnt in Quebec? I think you are not so it means you are eligible for programs for non-quebeck residents.
{Not very sure if I am eligible for any Quebec immigration program but yes I don't have any employment document to prove that I worked in Montreal. Only thing is that I have been staying here for last year and a half and have given my Montreal address in application. That will mean that I was working in Montreal}
Thanks for your response byrwus :)
Please see my answers Inline and provide your valuable suggestions based on these points.

Thank you.

kunwar2013

Nov 14, 2013
Amit Malik said:
Does your company has headquarters outside the province of Quebec?....

That can help alot....I have a friend in Quebec and he has also applied for cec bein based in Quebec....his headquarter is in ontario....and company can provide a letter stating ur needs...

Hope this helps
Thanks for replying Amit :)
My employer has office in India and Toronto but not in Montreal. In Montreal we our client. I am an employe of India based office and was transferred to Toronto office so that I can carry out my work at Client location in Montreal.

The letter from employer in India also states that I will be working at their Toronto office from the given period. My pay stubs also have address of their Toronto Office.

As i told in my last post, the only problem is that I had to mentioned my Montreal address in the Background form which asks about the places where I stayed in last 10 years I guess.

Please advise.

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
Hello

Did any one from May applicqnts received any MR today? Or heard of anyone from May who received any request today?

Thanks

Amit Malik

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kunwar2013 said:
My employer has office in India and Toronto but not in Montreal. In Montreal we our client. I am an employe of India based office and was transferred to Toronto office so that I can carry out my work at Client location in Montreal.

The letter from employer in India also states that I will be working at their Toronto office from the given period. My pay stubs also have address of their Toronto Office.

As i told in my last post, the only problem is that I had to mentioned my Montreal address in the Background form which asks about the places where I stayed in last 10 years I guess.

Please advise.

Don't worry everything will be fine....since ur client is in montreal won't affect ur file..keep calm and stay relaxed.....if any inquiry comes keep ur manager updated about ur situation....

Thanks

kunwar2013

Nov 14, 2013
Amit Malik said:
kunwar2013 said:

Please advise.

Don't worry everything will be fine....since ur client is in montreal won't affect ur file..keep calm and stay relaxed.....if any inquiry comes keep ur manager updated about ur situation....

Thanks
Thanks. My manager wont help me here. He is in India and will want me to come back to India rather than settling here. :)
I haven't informed my employer about this application.

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
maza said:
Hello

Did any one from May applicqnts received any MR today? Or heard of anyone from May who received any request today?

Thanks
Anyone heard from CIC today????

SINGHQ0G

Star Member
May 14, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Changed to In Process on Feb 07 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
19-02-2014
Just Bumping the thread. Any new Medical Requests?

Troydo

Jan 21, 2014
We received your application for permanent residence on May 1, 2013.
We started processing your application on December 11, 2013.
Medical results have been received.
(1/20/2014) A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Hi everyone,
We were early May, but apparently, a decision has been made about our application. Does anyone have a suggestion where to look for future steps (assuming that the results are positive!)?

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
Troydo said:
We received your application for permanent residence on May 1, 2013.
We started processing your application on December 11, 2013.
Medical results have been received.
(1/20/2014) A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Hi everyone,
We were early May, but apparently, a decision has been made about our application. Does anyone have a suggestion where to look for future steps (assuming that the results are positive!)?
Hey this is good news to see your app processed so quickly. Next step will be passport request, RPRF & BioData(if you didn't complete these already). Can you share your NOC code please? Goodluck!!!