Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmm1979 said:
Timeline:
May 8, 2012 - Sent application
May 10, 2012 - Rec.d
Aug 22, 2012 - AOR
Dec 6, 2012 - Request for docs (had to get original licence history report from Australia and due to Xmas etc it was delayed)
Jan 8, 2013 - Sent new docs
Jan 24, 2013 - i went ahead and did medicals before receiving letter. Medicals and xray
Jan 28, 2013 - Blood
Feb 20, 2013 - RPRF and photocopy of passport (visa exempt) and bio data form request

Does anyone know next steps now.
What is an orig. licence history report?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmm1979, can you please give us the details of procedure to get the pre-medicals done.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yahoo7 said:
jmm1979, can you please give us the details of procedure to get the pre-medicals done.
Phone MD.
Tell them your application is in process but you have not yet received MR.
Ask them if they will do your medical without the request.

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea If taking my son to the landng process would cause any problems?He is not included in the app as he is a Cnadian citizen already..Unfortunty I do not have a babysitter...

Saphire27

Aug 24, 2012
Toronto ONtario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
14-08-2012
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi jmm1989,

You did complete your Upfront Medical Reports, did you get your copy from the Doctor? Did you send the Medical Reports to CIC? Please let me know. I too have completed my Medicals ahead and Doctor gave me one set of Upfront Medical Reports to me and asked me to mail to CIC. Doctor is going to mail his copy.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saphire27 said:
Hi jmm1989,

You did complete your Upfront Medical Reports, did you get your copy from the Doctor? Did you send the Medical Reports to CIC? Please let me know. I too have completed my Medicals ahead and Doctor gave me one set of Upfront Medical Reports to me and asked me to mail to CIC. Doctor is going to mail his copy.
Only MD can mail to CIC. You cannot.

scsm

Aug 17, 2012
Xpresspost lost my police certificate!! The tracking online shows "successfully delivered" but the parcel is nowhere seen, and it has been 48 hours since the online update. I'll go for other courier service next time, i.e. Fedex. Just to share my experience here, good luck all!!

pakistancan

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Hi Islington,I wish you good luck today with your flagpolling ,hopefully everything goes well with you there and you ebcome a landed immigrant. Please make sure you share you story with us here when you come back. Al the best

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scsm said:
Xpresspost lost my police certificate!! The tracking online shows "successfully delivered" but the parcel is nowhere seen, and it has been 48 hours since the online update. I'll go for other courier service next time, i.e. Fedex. Just to share my experience here, good luck all!!
How could you conclude that the parcel is lost? Did you check with CIC if they have received the PCC?

scsm

Aug 17, 2012
How could you conclude that the parcel is lost? Did you check with CIC if they have received the PCC?
[/quote]

The parcel was directed to me from my home country embassy. Imagine how would it be if the CIC actually doesn't receive while the status online says "successfully delivered"? I think the bottom line is at least request for a signature when you send any document using Xpresspost.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scsm said:

The parcel was directed to me from my home country embassy. Imagine how would it be if the CIC actually doesn't receive while the status online says "successfully delivered"? I think the bottom line is at least request for a signature when you send any document using Xpresspost.
Yeah, I did that and it said that the mail has been delivered to the mail room.

jmm1979

Mar 8, 2012
I looked on to the website for medicals to find my nearest physician. Some will do and some won't. So I just called them all and found one. The doctor sends the results in.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp

The additional document was a full licence history report which was my complete driving record and licence record since I was 18 years old. Not sure why they wanted it.

Jean12F

Mar 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
29-01-2013
Med's Done....
Feb1/2 , 2013 (DM on 5th May,2013)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-06-2013
Hola friends...
The DMP has sent our medicals on 12th Feb and the tracking shows out for delivery since 13th feb. When we called canada post.. they say its in local ottawa post. Some one from CIC needs to come and collect it from the post box. We called the DMP and she says the CIC mus have recieved it by now , will email them.. its quite frustrating as we dont know where is this gonna lead us.. Anyone has gone through this...

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saphire27 said:
Hi jmm1989,

jsm0085 said:
Only MD can mail to CIC. You cannot.
Wrong question I suspect.
The DMP likely didn't give you a copy of the medicals, they must've only given you form 1017A, which is a biodata form, and you must send the original to CIC. I would wait till they ask for it.
Jsm is correct, the medical results must go directly from the DMP's office to CIC.

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I am happy to let you know that today I became a permanent resident of Canada. And it feel really good!!!Such a relief...:) :)

I did the landing at Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. Made a U-turn, did not go to the US side. I gave our passports and told the officer that we are here for landing. He asked me if we went to the USA...I anwsered NO. We parked our car and went into their office. Everything was quick and easy...They only asked when did we come to Canada, phone number and ID...After that we signed the CPR, they told our rights and thats it...No questions no problems....

You guys do not have to worry when you are there..I know it is easy to say but really they were nice and did not give us any hard time....

I would like to thank for all of you for your support, this forum helped me a lot!!!!!I wish good luck to everyone who is still waiting and for those who already got PR...Great forum, great people!!!Thanks!!!

:) :) :)

Reactions: Tomi2