yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks buddy..hopefully you will be around helping us with any queries to complete the journey!!!

Senior

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 30, 2012
Islington said:
yeeeeesss!!!!Visa issued!!!
Any advice on flagpoling? I do need a visa to enter USA so I will have to make a U-turn before entering the border..When I leave Canada will they ask where am I going? Will they stamp in my passport? And after the U-turn when coming back will the officer ask me if I entered USA?Or I jus mention that Imade a u-turn?I am a bit confused about this process...However getting an appointment is not an option as takes too long and I can't wait.
Also, I have 1 more PR applicaton in process, WP in process and tourist visa app in process...Do I have to revoke them all? If yes, how to do it? Lot's of questions...Please advise..Thanks!!! :)
congrats Islington, I am very happy for you :)

btw, how long is the visa valid for?

Kaur13

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Islington said:
yeeeeesss!!!!Visa issued!!!
Any advice on flagpoling? I do need a visa to enter USA so I will have to make a U-turn before entering the border..When I leave Canada will they ask where am I going? Will they stamp in my passport? And after the U-turn when coming back will the officer ask me if I entered USA?Or I jus mention that Imade a u-turn?I am a bit confused about this process...However getting an appointment is not an option as takes too long and I can't wait.
Also, I have 1 more PR applicaton in process, WP in process and tourist visa app in process...Do I have to revoke them all? If yes, how to do it? Lot's of questions...Please advise..Thanks!!! :)
Congratulations Islington!!!

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you all!!! I am planning to complete the landing on Saturday at Peace Bridge. I will share my experiences after....Good luck for all of you, your time will come soon!!! :)

mkapadia

Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
Med's Request
Awaited
Islington said:
thank you all!!! I am planning to complete the landing on Saturday at Peace Bridge. I will share my experiences after....Good luck for all of you, your time will come soon!!! :)
Since I am from Quebec (Montreal) and applied thru CEC route (applied for Ontario location), it means I will have to move outside Quebec or at least convince the authorities that I have or will move. In this scenario, how and where should I do U turn? How do I convince the authorities? What if I decide not to move outside Quebec (they may reject saying apply thru CSQ route instead)? Can someone please throw light on these points?

Jean12F

Mar 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
29-01-2013
Med's Done....
Feb1/2 , 2013 (DM on 5th May,2013)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-06-2013
Congrats Islington... ;D

jmm1979

Mar 8, 2012
Good news. I just received my email to pay my Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) and to send them a copy of my passport (as I'm exempt from having to send my actual passport) which is great news.

Does anyone know what the waiting time from now till I receive PR is.

Thanks.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats jmm1979 and pakisytancan..can u pls share ur timeslines for sake of info ?

pakistancan

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
My application was delivered to Ottawa on the 8 th of May,got AOR in Agust and the medical on the 10 th of December and today I got passport request. Does anyone know if I can pay using money order instead of paying online?

jmm1979

Mar 8, 2012
Timeline:
May 8, 2012 - Sent application
May 10, 2012 - Rec.d
Aug 22, 2012 - AOR
Dec 6, 2012 - Request for docs (had to get original licence history report from Australia and due to Xmas etc it was delayed)
Jan 8, 2013 - Sent new docs
Jan 24, 2013 - i went ahead and did medicals before receiving letter. Medicals and xray
Jan 28, 2013 - Blood
Feb 20, 2013 - RPRF and photocopy of passport (visa exempt) and bio data form request

Does anyone know next steps now.