Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
28-04-2014
Hi
Sorry to hear about you not getting AOR.
But can you now see it on ECAS, since the email from CPP says that its forwarded ur app for processing to Ottawa?

alre

Jan 18, 2013
Hey Arash,

Are you sure about what you said about file number and tuition fees: "I am asking this because If I got this email I would be eligible for Domestic tuition at Ontario Universities."
So it means that it is applicable to U of T as well, right?
Do you know if this law is written somewhere? (on a website or sth?)

Tnx in advance,
Al

abcd123

Aug 5, 2012
Hi Guys,

Just received an email from Ottawa
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Police Certificate: provide an original police clearance certificate from the Mexican PGR and SSP. Please consult http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp
This must be received at this office by: 03/18/2013

Question: What happens if takes me more than the time above to provide certificates ? Can I ask them to extend for an extra couple of weeks ?
Can Canadian Embbassy in Mexico City help me with both certificates.

Thanks
May everyone receive his residency soon :)
Please anyone had the same experience ?

Strongflag

Jun 13, 2012
abcd123 said:
Hi Guys,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Police Certificate: provide an original police clearance certificate from the Mexican PGR and SSP. Please consult http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

Question: What happens if takes me more than the time above to provide certificates ? Can I ask them to extend for an extra couple of weeks ?

Thanks
Hi abcd,
did you send them these certificates when you applied your application?
-K

abcd123

Aug 5, 2012
Hi Stongflag,

Before I came to Canada 3 years ago I did provide all Police Certificates to obtain my work permit. I have been in Canada all the time never left country.
But they want them again even though there is no reason for that. Hey I will do it :mad:, better smile eh :D

Wish you all the best

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Hi, I was in a similar situation.
they gave me 60 days and I was almost sure it would take longer. So I did the following.
I emailed them saying that it might take longer, and asked for an extension of the deadline.
They kindly responded that they would not extend the deadline until the deadline comes up, basically they would consider extending it
only if I would not be able to obtain certificates within 60 days. Only then I could ask for extension and of course I would have to prove that I
did everything to obtain them in that time.
In the end I was lucky and resourceful enough to get them all ready in about 24 days.
So my advice is to immediately apply, and have documentation to prove that you did apply. I am not sure how much time does take to get a certificate from Mexico. I know that in my case it was Russia, and it can take up to three month, but I was lucky.
hope this helps.

abcd123 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

abcd123

Aug 5, 2012
Thanks Sherych,
Wow you did great job 24 days :eek: .
I will email Ottawa and explain my situation. As I said I need PGR and SSP.
Option 1 Send everything to Canadian embassy in Mexico for PGR I dont know if they gonna do SSP for me, will ask them but usually they respond in 3 weeks which is not in my favour.

Option 2
Apply for my Canadian visa to re enter Canada from Mexico which takes 4 weeks :'(
Apply for my Mexican visa to enter Mexico which I will check on Monday how long it takes. Calgary Consulate :'(
Buy a ticket ASAP for Mexico City, do everything myself and send. ???
As you see I will do try both options and see what works ;)
The question is how to explain to Visa office in Ottawa my situation but not to confused them. :-X
Oh I forgot to mention 4 months ago I did send everything to Mexico city for my PGR police clearance, they returned everything for the reason: there was no enquiry from Immigration office for police certificate. :D
And then under it says : it takes this office to issue Police certificate 60-90 days form when we recive your application. :eek:
On Monday will be 57days left :eek:
Wish me all the luck ;D
I dont know how, but I will make it happen ;)

All the best :)

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
No updated yet, we all need to wait.
My ECAS status changed to 'in process since january 11, 2013', but no MR yet.
Have to be patient, that is all.....
good luck to everyone here

funki77

Mar 26, 2012
Finally some good and confusing news!!

The only good news -
1) Received my Medical request today.

Lots of confusing one's -
1) Surprisingly the medical form IMM1017 just has my details in it. There are no details mentioned for my spouse. Are they going to send it separately? Apparently should I get my medicals done?

2) They requested for RCMP document for me and my spouse. My wife has never been to Canada, so how is she supposed to get an RCMP certificate?

3) I am back to India and will be going to Canada in the months time. Do you think there is any way of doing RCMP finger printing from India? I guess "No". I have 60 days of period to respond with the RCMP document.

My timeline is:

PR Application received at Sydney, NS - 17th May 2012
Draft Cleared on - 1st June 2012
Application Number received(AOR) - 6th September 2012
Medical Request - 22nd January 2013
RCMP clearance document requested - 22ndJanuary 2013

Things have started moving now. All the best to everyone.!! I'll start finding the answers.

Kozmoj

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application package
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
waived, CoPR on 15-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013 at Carway
funki77 said:

The only good news -

1) Surprisingly the medical form IMM1017 just has my details in it. There are no details mentioned for my spouse. Are they going to send it separately? Apparently should I get my medicals done?

2) They requested for RCMP document for me and my spouse. My wife has never been to Canada, so how is she supposed to get an RCMP certificate?

3) I am back to India and will be going to Canada in the months time. Do you think there is any way of doing RCMP finger printing from India? I guess "No". I have 60 days of period to respond with the RCMP document.

My timeline is:

Things have started moving now. All the best to everyone.!! I'll start finding the answers.
It's good to hear your GOOD news.
Things are started going again.

2) I think your wife doesn't need to (cannot) get RCMP record. Because, as you already know, your wife didn't live in Canada.
You can ignore for your wife's RCMP document, or just give them (VO) a simple note why you didn't provide your wife's RCMP document.

3) You may get your RCMP document in your country after finger.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm
But, it will take forever, I think. (This is just my opinion)

Anyway, Congratulations for your 'keep going'.

Senior

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 30, 2012
funki77 said:

The only good news -

My timeline is:

congrats on getting the medical request.

first, yes, there should be a separate medical form for your wife.

second, since your wife has never visited Canada, she doesn't need an RCMP clearance (as mentioned by other posters). I would say email the visa officer and inform him about your case, and he will get back to you. Most probably he will tell you to ignore the document request. In my case he replied after 25 days, and by that time I had gathered all the documents and was only 2 days away from mailing it to wwfs (discussed below).

last, I understand that it takes a long time for the manual fingerprints process (paper). However, you can speed up the process by taking your fingerprints in India and mailing them to worldwide forensic services. Basically they take your paper finger prints and convert them electronically and sends them to RCMP. RCMP will process this within 72 hours and send you the clearance. The entire process would take about 4-5 days instead of 9-11 weeks if you go for manual process.

xxhttp://www.fingerscan.ca/fingerprinting-service/

Email them and they will send you all the documents along with easy-to-follow instructions. And yes, they are certified from RCMP to convert your paper based prints electronically :)

Hope this helps!

Good Luck