Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
ca_newuser said:
Landed yesterday in Carway, Alberta.
Hope others will get PPR soon. Good luck guys !!
Congratulations!!!!!
Can you share how was it? What did they ask you? My friend is gonna land there some time soon. And I'm planning to do the same when my time comes.

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
ca_newuser said:
Landed yesterday in Carway, Alberta.
Hope others will get PPR soon. Good luck guys !!
What was your experience during landing in Carway? What document (if any) was requested for address confirmation? Kindly respond with some details as I hope to land there in a few weeks!

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
Jean12F said:
Hola Guys....

Just checked my status today and it says medicals recieved and a decision has been made on your application... def a good sign...hope PPR comes soon.... ;D
P,ease do post when you get PPR...My Ecas also changed to decision made today..and am awaiting PPR.

pakistancan

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Almost a month since I did the landing and I can not wait to get my PR card in the mail!! I did my landing at Carway as well and it was a horrible experience but I am glad I got it done . Good luck to everybody.

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
pakistancan said:
Almost a month since I did the landing and I can not wait to get my PR card in the mail!! I did my landing at Carway as well and it was a horrible experience but I am glad I got it done . Good luck to everybody.
Will you be kind to discuss what made it a horrible experience? That will certainly help others one way or the other.

Cheers

bafakih

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
jmm1979 said:
Ok best news today. I called immigration but they wouldn't help me this morning. So I emailed them and got an answer back straight away saying that my COPR letter was mailed on Monday April 29th so hope it arrives next week. What a long and stressful process. By the time I get it will have been a year.
Congrats!! I am happy to see many post on here and that almost every May 2012 applicant is close to their PR. I just received my AOR today! Applied May 7th 2012.
I hope my process goes by fast as well now.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
bafakih said:
Congrats!! I am happy to see many post on here and that almost every May 2012 applicant is close to their PR. I just received my AOR today! Applied May 7th 2012.
I hope my process goes by fast as well now.
@ Bafakih,

Wow - You are receiving your AOR just today. That's almost after a year. Have you been in touch with the call center or CPP-Ottawa regarding why your AOR has been delayed this much? Did you apply for GCMS notes to know why it has been delayed so much?

You can apply free online for GCMS notes and it will give you some idea about how far CIC has progressed on your case. CIC will send you a detailed pdf file almost after 30 days from the date of request.

Here's the link to apply it online: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Let us know if you have any difficulty or questions while sending the online request.

bafakih

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
InfoSeeker12 said:
@ Bafakih,

Wow - You are receiving your AOR just today. That's almost after a year. Have you been in touch with the call center or CPP-Ottawa regarding why your AOR has been delayed this much? Did you apply for GCMS notes to know why it has been delayed so much?

You can apply free online for GCMS notes and it will give you some idea about how far CIC has progressed on your case. CIC will send you a detailed pdf file almost after 30 days from the date of request.

Here's the link to apply it online:
Let us know if you have any difficulty or questions while sending the online request.
Thank you InfoSeeker12, I did try to get my GCMS notes and was told that there is nothing there that they can provide me at the moment. It seems like my file was transferred from Sydney to Ottawa and no one touched it. I have called CIC many times and all I get in return is your file is with CPPO and we can not comment on the case as we do not have any updates. I am asked to email CPPO, which I done in the past and also recently, two weeks ago requesting an update and I still haven't got a reply from them. I assume getting my AOR is a response. :)

Now I can only hope that I get responses rather quickly with no hiccups.
I will apply for GCMS notes again today and see what I get back after a month. I will paste the email I got from CIC, please advise if this a AOR. Thank you, please see below
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXX,
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/05/11.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application, (does not let me post links), select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can (does not let me post links), and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please (does not let me post links), and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: (does not let me post links),
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit (does not let me post links),
• For information on employment, visit (does not let me post links), and (does not let me post links),
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit (does not let me post links),

We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Bafakih,

I could be wrong, but it doesnt sound like its the Acknowledgement of Receipt - the AOR. Because an AOR letter specifically says:

Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

and

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing (i.e., if you paid through credit card)

The letter CIC has sent you is just confirming receipt of your application on May 2012, without giving any hint if the documents were complete - or if they received the payment. By the way, did you check your bank account around that date May 2012 - have they already taken the payment?

I personally think its absolutely ridiculous that after 1 year CIC is confirming you about receipt of documents only. The usual CEC processing time is 13 months, posted on this site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp

I initially thought that you should wait 1 more month to make it 13 months and then write a letter to CPP-Ottawa. But since you haven't even received an AOR, i feel its absolutely valid to be concerned. And I'd recommend that you send a letter without any more waiting, clearly stating that you are concerned about your CEC application as you have only received this letter after 1 year. You are still waiting for an AOR. Tell them you need to know the status of your application, what has caused the delay and if there is a document missing or police check causing this delay. This could help you to decide to take any other course of action. Perhaps submit another CEC application as per 2013 rules. But the sooner they let you know, the better.

I wonder if its the police check that is taking this long, but the ridiculous thing is that haven't yet sent you an AOR - not confirming or denying that the docs you sent were complete.

In my opinion, you should write to CPP-O once again. At worst, they will ignore your email and not respond. In that case, your GCMS online request will tell you something in 30 days time.

pakistancan

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Well,driving all the way up there was not fun at all since it was snowing . Second thing,they borders agents or policemen they were so rude and told everyone that they do not have to come there because they can do the landing in the city where they live at. I mean it was really horrible but if one can not wait to do the landing I mean there is no other option but to drive there safely.

bafakih

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Thank you InfoSeeker12 for the information. I had my doubts as it didn't sound like an AOR but I wanted to believe the otherwise. I have just emailed CPPO again this morning and i get an automated response.
Will apply for the GCMS notes this morning again.
Not sure how much longer this all will take now.

IS there anyone else in my positions?
InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Bafakih,

I could be wrong, but it doesnt sound like its the Acknowledgement of Receipt - the AOR. Because an AOR letter specifically says:

Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

and

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing (i.e., if you paid through credit card)

The letter CIC has sent you is just confirming receipt of your application on May 2012, without giving any hint if the documents were complete - or if they received the payment. By the way, did you check your bank account around that date May 2012 - have they already taken the payment?

I personally think its absolutely ridiculous that after 1 year CIC is confirming you about receipt of documents only. The usual CEC processing time is 13 months, posted on this site:
I initially thought that you should wait 1 more month to make it 13 months and then write a letter to CPP-Ottawa. But since you haven't even received an AOR, i feel its absolutely valid to be concerned. And I'd recommend that you send a letter without any more waiting, clearly stating that you are concerned about your CEC application as you have only received this letter after 1 year. You are still waiting for an AOR. Tell them you need to know the status of your application, what has caused the delay and if there is a document missing or police check causing this delay. This could help you to decide to take any other course of action. Perhaps submit another CEC application as per 2013 rules. But the sooner they let you know, the better.

I wonder if its the police check that is taking this long, but the ridiculous thing is that haven't yet sent you an AOR - not confirming or denying that the docs you sent were complete.

In my opinion, you should write to CPP-O once again. At worst, they will ignore your email and not respond. In that case, your GCMS online request will tell you something in 30 days time.

ggalex

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Included with application
Med's Request
09-02-2013
Med's Done....
12-02-2013
Hi Bafakih,

Does you email contain the application number (E000xxxxx) and UCI number? Can you log in to ecas using your application info.

bafakih

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hello ggalex,
I have an UCI and Application number and when I log into ecas using my application info I do not get any updates. And the email I sent you CPPO

I also reached out to the MP in my area and requested help. The MP's office has requested for an internal update from CIC and asked for me 10 days before they can get back to me.

This is what I get below when i look up for information on ecas.
--------------------------------------------------------
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
•Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
•This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
•At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have: •sponsored a member of the family class;
•applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
•applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
•applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
•applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
•applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
•applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
•applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ggalex said:
Hi Bafakih,

Does you email contain the application number (E000xxxxx) and UCI number? Can you log in to ecas using your application info.

ggalex

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Included with application
Med's Request
09-02-2013
Med's Done....
12-02-2013
Ok if they send you the UCI and Application number, then the email you got is AOR. It takes a while to see your ecas status updated after AOR so don't panic.