+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2012 Applicants

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
I applied in May 2012, seems like a bad Month :-( as I have seen many people now receive their tests, although they applied after May 2012.
Anyone else from May 2012 still waiting ?

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I May 2013 applicant. Considering your timeline, not sure how long i have to wait to get test invite though seems some of the may 2013 applicants are started moving to final step.

Would u mind sharing your timeline and nature of your application.

Good luck

Yolka said:
I applied in May 2012, seems like a bad Month :-( as I have seen many people now receive their tests, although they applied after May 2012.
Anyone else from May 2012 still waiting ?

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Simkr said:
I May 2013 applicant. Considering your timeline, not sure how long i have to wait to get test invite though seems some of the may 2013 applicants are started moving to final step.

Would u mind sharing your timeline and nature of your application.

Good luck
Hi Simkr,

I am pretty sure you will get your test before me :) as I have noticed 2013 applicants are moving pretty fast, that is a very good news for you guys! I think it is also because they changed the citizenship application in October 2012 and you guys submitted more docs then we did. So, you cases are more transparent then ours. Our application was so small, I was quite surprised. I wish they requested more docs at that time.

It is exactly 18 months since I submitted my application :-( I know it is 25 months for routine application but still, how come applicants after May get their tests schedule faster then me (I am truly happy for those guys), obviously it depends on the local office too (some are fast, some slow, etc...). I am just hoping it won't go beyond 25 months.

Applic.submitted May 2012
Received June 2012
In Process January 2013
Transferred to Scarborough April 2013
Recently was transferred to St.Clair, do not know why, I guess because of the backlog at Scarborough (sometimes they transfer files from office to office because of the backlog).

Now waiting for test :'( or worse scenario RQ ;) Good luck to you and do not worry, you will be fine!

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Yolka,

Hope you hear about your test invite soon.....i dont like this waiting game especially when it's highly unpredictable (some people are getting earlier than others though they applied at the same time or later)

Considering this, i am not sure when i ll get test invite. In May 2013 thread, u ll find a guy who already got test invite already and did test. So things are moving right direction though only for some.

Your application is single or family? how is employment history (self employed or employer [continuous or intermittent])

Yolka said:
Hi Simkr,

I am pretty sure you will get your test before me :) as I have noticed 2013 applicants are moving pretty fast, that is a very good news for you guys! I think it is also because they changed the citizenship application in October 2012 and you guys submitted more docs then we did. So, you cases are more transparent then ours. Our application was so small, I was quite surprised. I wish they requested more docs at that time.

It is exactly 18 months since I submitted my application :-( I know it is 25 months for routine application but still, how come applicants after May get their tests schedule faster then me (I am truly happy for those guys), obviously it depends on the local office too (some are fast, some slow, etc...). I am just hoping it won't go beyond 25 months.

Received June 2012
In Process January 2013
Recently was transferred to St.Clair, do not know why, I guess because of the backlog at Scarborough (sometimes they transfer files from office to office because of the backlog).

Now waiting for test :'( or worse scenario RQ ;) Good luck to you and do not worry, you will be fine!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Simkr said:
Hi Yolka,

Hope you hear about your test invite soon.....i dont like this waiting game especially when it's highly unpredictable (some people are getting earlier than others though they applied at the same time or later)

Considering this, i am not sure when i ll get test invite. In May 2013 thread, u ll find a guy who already got test invite already and did test. So things are moving right direction though only for some.

Your application is single or family? how is employment history (self employed or employer [continuous or intermittent])
Thanks Simkr,

My application is single. My husband and my children are Canadian :) I am homemaker, my husband travels more then 50% for his work and I can not afford to work with two little kids, at least for now.

Good luck !

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
oh, and we are abroad right now, because of my husband's job. I am sure that has nothing to do with the delay in my case, as I can see, some applicants living abroad getting their tests scheduled already.

I am really curious what makes some cases faster, I guess they are just very very very lucky :)

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Live outside of Canada while your application in process has nothing to do with the delay as long as u provide a mailing address in Canada. Check routinely your CIC status and keep an eye on your mail.

You are right in saying some people are lucky that they get test invite faster than others.

Hope you hear soon about your test invite soon.

Yolka said:
oh, and we are abroad right now, because of my husband's job. I am sure that has nothing to do with the delay in my case, as I can see, some applicants living abroad getting their tests scheduled already.

I am really curious what makes some cases faster, I guess they are just very very very lucky :)

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Simkr said:
Live outside of Canada while your application in process has nothing to do with the delay as long as u provide a mailing address in Canada. Check routinely your CIC status and keep an eye on your mail.

You are right in saying some people are lucky that they get test invite faster than others.

Yeap, I have my mailing address in Canada and keep checking my online status almost every three days :)

Thank you Simkr, let me know when you get your test date :) All the best.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Simkr said:

I doubt that luck is any significant factor in the processing timeframe, unlike winning a lottery, where the former is of paramount importance. The reviewing officer must be using his judgement (conjecture) in validating whether or not a strong socio-economical attachment to Canada has been demonstrated. The ability to demonstrate such an attachment, in my opinion, is associated with: strong employment history with a reputable employer, own place of aboard, high income, children born and living in Canada, straight forward history of travel (not convoluted) etc.,..Also, I strongly suspect, that being not from certain countries/regions serves as a virtue in the eyes of the CIC, as they are implicitly (yet covertly) biased against certain nationalities.
My supposition above is entirely based on my personal experience with at least 15 individuals I know myself, who, with the above qualities, have been processed from 8 to 13 months within the last 2 year period.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right though I dont think nationality of an applicant plays any role during the processing of grant of citizenship. in addition to that, my colleagues (two) who are scientists (permanent job) in federal agency and university (renowned in Canada), are facing delays too. Their applications should be as straight forward as mine and fulfill all criteria, which u mentioned. Since we cant explain why some are getting fast and some are getting delayed, therefore i used the term "LUCK" for this unexplainable factor in application process. For me, there is one more personal meaning of "luck", which is "in the right place and at the right time".

I cant say much about myself (fast or slow application timeline) since it's just 6 months after filing application.

RussCan said:
I doubt that luck is any significant factor in the processing timeframe, unlike winning a lottery, where the former is of paramount importance. The reviewing officer must be using his judgement (conjecture) in validating whether or not a strong socio-economical attachment to Canada has been demonstrated. The ability to demonstrate such an attachment, in my opinion, is associated with: strong employment history with a reputable employer, own place of aboard, high income, children born and living in Canada, straight forward history of travel (not convoluted) etc.,..Also, I strongly suspect, that being not from certain countries/regions serves as a virtue in the eyes of the CIC, as they are implicitly (yet covertly) biased against certain nationalities.
My supposition above is entirely based on my personal experience with at least 15 individuals I know myself, who, with the above qualities, have been processed from 8 to 13 months within the last 2 year period.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
RussCan said:
Hi RussCan,

I have most of the above qualities you mentioned, except for no employment history in Canada with 'high income'. But taking care of two little kids is a full time job with no holiday! I think CIC should consider homemaker as a full time job too, I believe they do. During the past 4 years in Canada we traveled only once, for only 5 days and there applicants who never traveled but still got RQ.

Again, I agree with Simkr, even those with permanent good jobs get delayed. There are so many applicants here with great work experience while living in Canada, gave birth in Canada, for some even spouses are Canadian and on top of everything still get RQ and facing huge delays.

I do believe in good luck :D by the way my friend got RQ and she works in the most reputable place in Canada, plus all the other qualities you specified she meets them all :)

All the best with your application.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Yolka said:
Hi Simkr,

Received June 2012
In Process January 2013

2013 apps are being processed much faster than 2012 apps--especially the ones sent in the first half of 2012. That's and has been always CIC's pattern of behavior after their frequent policy changes.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Yolka said:
Hi RussCan,

I have most of the above qualities you mentioned, except for no employment history in Canada with 'high income'. But taking care of two little kids is a full time job with no holiday! I think CIC should consider homemaker as a full time job too, I believe they do. During the past 4 years in Canada we traveled only once, for only 5 days and there applicants who never traveled but still got RQ.

Again, I agree with Simkr, even those with permanent good jobs get delayed. There are so many applicants here with great work experience while living in Canada, gave birth in Canada, for some even spouses are Canadian and on top of everything still get RQ and facing huge delays.

I do believe in good luck :D by the way my friend got RQ and she works in the most reputable place in Canada, plus all the other qualities you specified she meets them all :)

All the best with your application.
Thank you Yolka for your kind wishes. BTW, Yolka is a Russian word - are Russian by any chance?:)
My musings posted earlier are speculations of course. I submitted my family file just a few days ago. My wife is in the same shoes as you. Only time will tell in my case if my speculations on the process held any truth. Will keep you all posted, I promise.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
corazon3 said:
2013 apps are being processed much faster than 2012 apps--especially the ones sent in the first half of 2012. That's and has been always CIC's pattern of behavior after their frequent policy changes.
yeap, agree, 2013 are much faster!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
RussCan said:
Thank you Yolka for your kind wishes. BTW, Yolka is a Russian word - are Russian by any chance?:)
My musings posted earlier are speculations of course. I submitted my family file just a few days ago. My wife is in the same shoes as you. Only time will tell in my case if my speculations on the process held any truth. Will keep you all posted, I promise.
Central Asia :) but I speak Russian with my kids, Yolka is my son's nick name :)

I heard being a homemaker is not a red flag for CIC, but unemployed is, it depends how you express it on the application. In my case I am homemaker and believe your wife is too. I think your case will be faster, 2013 are doing really good.

Hope you are enjoying Calgary! I am sure the weather does not surprise you :)

Good luck with the process!