Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ;) Yeah, i had read that before but it just seems pointless to update e-cas with that information and yet that can't be an official AOR, and also I've heard that some people don't get it (whether email or snail mail). In any case, I don't really care about the AOR as much as things like whether they received the medicals and the little steps they don't put on e-cas such as the extent of the background and security checks. To that end, I'm considering eventually ordering CAIPS notes. I already emailed Buffalo, but they sent me some instant form responses (of course), although those did include the file and UCI numbers, which apparently you need to use in future communications with them.
malirca said:
you will get an email or letter from the vo acknoledging they received your application on so and so date. my ecas had said on june 24 but not until july 7 i got en email from my vo saying they received it on june 24. hope we get some more news this week, we are definitely due for some.

pdb1

Star Member
May 15, 2011
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2011
AOR Received.
26-July-2011
File Transfer...
07-June-2011
Med's Done....
20-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
4-Oct-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-Oct-2011
LANDED..........
29-Oct-2011
Received an email from CIC today confirming that my application was received at Buffalo on June 13th, 2011. I also got the F number as well UCI number. I am assuming this is my AOR.

jstnmlr

May 29, 2011
Las Vegas Nevada USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
10-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
planned Jan 20, 2012
pdb1 said:
Received an email from CIC today confirming that my application was received at Buffalo on June 13th, 2011. I also got the F number as well UCI number. I am assuming this is my AOR.
Got the same thing yesterday. I'm guessing it is...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news from the Maybies further behind in the process (particularly those 2 - I think just 2 - that did not yet get their first-stage approval)? I hope ALL of us can finally be past that sponsorship approval stage before August.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Any news from the Maybies further behind in the process (particularly those 2 - I think just 2 - that did not yet get their first-stage approval)? I hope ALL of us can finally be past that sponsorship approval stage before August.
Yeah, I was wondering about Dair and British_Bulldog myself. Last I read, Dair was dealing with that form that her spouse needed to sign and send back, and British_Bulldog had finally confirmed that CIC had their application (ie that it wasnt MIA)

I hope they both get their sponsorship approval very quickly.

This thread is so slow, BTW. Kindda' depressing. ::)

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah.. it is very slow...

for manila visa office, it always takes 2 weeks to get the ppr from file transfer. it has already been more than a month since my files were transferred to manila visa office and i still do not have the ppr yet

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
blestcheche said:

for manila visa office, it always takes 2 weeks to get the ppr from file transfer. it has already been more than a month since my files were transferred to manila visa office and i still do not have the ppr yet
And i noticed that earlier threads got their sponsorship approval within shorter times than we Maybies did. I dont know if its all on Canada Post but I hate it. :(

lol.
Hope we start moving along pretty soon.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really? The only thing BB was able to figure out was that they got the thing at Miss? I thought they did have it there but they couldn't issue the approval for some reason and they kept telling her there was no info and if she doesn't get it before 30 days go by (which we all thought was preposterous) to call again.

Anyhoo, this is definitely the time around which the thread gets slow. I do miss that sense of exhiliration as one by one, we kept logging in here to say the application has been received, or the sponsorship has been approved. It's like popcorn kernels popping, really. And now there's this lull because, aside from some outliers, the stuff that happens at Miss. does happen on schedule, but once it gets to the various VOs, the story really diverges for everyone. As much as I hate to admit it, this really is a months-long process....

spicymum said:
Yeah, I was wondering about Dair and British_Bulldog myself. Last I read, Dair was dealing with that form that her spouse needed to sign and send back, and British_Bulldog had finally confirmed that CIC had their application (ie that it wasnt MIA)

I hope they both get their sponsorship approval very quickly.

This thread is so slow, BTW. Kindda' depressing. ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if that's true, y'all are damn lucky :p it looks like New Delhi is even faster than Manila, as of the 11 April applicants that have gotten passport requests so far, almost all are New Delhi VO.
blestcheche said:

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
if that's true, y'all are damn lucky :p it looks like New Delhi is even faster than Manila, as of the 11 April applicants that have gotten passport requests so far, almost all are New Delhi VO.
if that is the case good for them sucks for manila lol

wait and wait and wait.. this too will come to pass

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just gave CIC more of my moolah in paying my Right of Permanent Residence Fee. I figure this thing is long enough, so if I can avoid any delay at all, it's worth it.

Blueflux

Jan 19, 2011
Good news. My wife just received a letter to send in the passport for immigration visa. Country: Bangladesh | Visa Office : Singapore

Our time was pretty excellent. Its like total 3 months or so.

Application received Mississauga Office : May 4th 2011
Started Processing : June 3rd 2011
Sent letter saying sponsorship approved and sent to Singapore: June 3rd 2011
Singapore Application received : June 9th

ECAS is still in status : In Processing . It also says they started processing July 20th and medical received. Means that it was waiting in Singapore from June 9th till July 20th.

The date on the letter she received is July 21st. Means they took only a day to process and mail it from Singapore.

So far so good friends. I am hoping that you all will be receiving good news shortly. So much for 20 months though =)

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Blueflux said:
Good news. My wife just received a letter to send in the passport for immigration visa. Country: Bangladesh | Visa Office : Singapore

ECAS is still in status : In Processing . It also says they started processing July 20th and medical received. Means that it was waiting in Singapore from June 9th till July 20th.

The date on the letter she received is July 21st. Means they took only a day to process and mail it from Singapore.

So far so good friends. I am hoping that you all will be receiving good news shortly. So much for 20 months though =)
Cong to finish all in 3 monthes. I am also same line you.. now i am waitting for quebec CSQ too long to go
Good Luck

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
Hi all!

Yes, I called the call centre last week to be told that my application had started being processed on June 29th, so that's 4 weeks tomorrow that they have been working on it. Another message was sent to Mississauga for more information and I can call back on Aug 5th to find out the outcome of that message, if I haven't already heard. Fingers crossed we're not waiting much longer.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice!! Go Singapore. :eek: ;D
Blueflux said: