27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
ahm2299 said:
I cannot understand how you filed an application to sponsor someone and you are not a PR???

do you think they lost your papers??
No lol. I am the one being sponsored. I live with my partner in Canada though so it all comes to the same address. He is a Canadian Citizen.

I am the one who has been doing all the form filling. He's terrible at stuff like that. I asked him to help do my taxes as I had never filed taxes in Canada and he made such a mess of it that I had to redo the whole thing, I was the one telling him how to fill the forms in properly! lol.

The mistake on the immigration forms was mine though, I don't know how I managed it but I left out 5 pages of forms. I can only put it down to stress. :(

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would recommend you get someone to look it over the second time around. Even if it is your partner, better safe than sorry. Good luck, hopefully they bump you up the list and u dont have to wait the entire 40days

hheather_hh

Apr 2, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2011
AOR Received.
17-06-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
31-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
Eswiz said:
No lol. I am the one being sponsored. I live with my partner in Canada though so it all comes to the same address. He is a Canadian Citizen.

I am the one who has been doing all the form filling. He's terrible at stuff like that. I asked him to help do my taxes as I had never filed taxes in Canada and he made such a mess of it that I had to redo the whole thing, I was the one telling him how to fill the forms in properly! lol.

The mistake on the immigration forms was mine though, I don't know how I managed it but I left out 5 pages of forms. I can only put it down to stress. :(
I found when filling in the electronic pdf forms and then saved it some info was lost when I reopened it! It was so frustrating, a technical glitch and you may have to fill some fields by hand. So sorry to hear you've had this set back, hopefully you will get it back to CIC soon.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Not me. As you probably saw, Thursday was the last time both posted. I'm glad Dair is taking a break though - it seemed to making it harder, not easier for her to deal with the wait because it was a constant reminder. I hope all three of you catch a break this week!
I guess it will make sense to take a break from the forum. But not getting any updates makes me "park" at this forum, cos I am eagar to know if anyone else was in the same shoes as myself. lol. I knowwww, I am hopelessly desperate. :p

Im going to check ecas when I get off work tonight, and if I dont get an update I am calling the Contact Centre! :'(

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
oh eswiz i feel your pain!!
hope they will start where they left off when you send it back
chin up!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, I totally know how you feel. In fact, reading and keeping up with this forum is addicting no matter if you're having luck with this process or coming up against obstacles every step of the way. It's the camaraderie and all.

You're manually checking e-CAS? You've signed up for e-CAS tracker already, right? I only check e-CAS when the tracker emails me.
spicymum said:
I guess it will make sense to take a break from the forum. But not getting any updates makes me "park" at this forum, cos I am eagar to know if anyone else was in the same shoes as myself. lol. I knowwww, I am hopelessly desperate. :p

Im going to check ecas when I get off work tonight, and if I dont get an update I am calling the Contact Centre! :'(

karish1978

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
File Transfer...
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011~ Medicals Received Dec 3rd 2011
Interview........
17-04-2011 rejected. Appealled May 2012, Appeal won May 30, 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
Hey Spicymum,

Just wanted to update you as we are close in dates. I had received the sponsorship approval letter on June 24th and thats when they said they transfered it to Buffalo. Today when i checked ecas it finally said application received July 6th. So your should be coming up any day sooon.....

Good luck

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
Hey guys, just wondering if they've been telling you in the email that you've been approved/denied or missing things or if they've been sending it in the letter. Thanks and good luck everyone.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
kourts said:
Hey guys, just wondering if they've been telling you in the email that you've been approved/denied or missing things or if they've been sending it in the letter. Thanks and good luck everyone.
You will get an email or post mail that you have been approved. If some documents are missing, they will return your application for you to complete it. As for denied cases, I have no idea, maybe someone can tell you that. :)

When did you pass your application and from which office?

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
they received mine June 8th. so I should be getting a decision soon. I was just wondering how they've been telling people lately.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
kourts said:
they received mine June 8th. so I should be getting a decision soon. I was just wondering how they've been telling people lately.
Yaaay, good luck and the waiting for first stage will be over soon. If you have provided email address, you will MOST likely get an email.

CPC-M are still working on applications received on the 27th of May. But even with that info, some get their approvals even their dates are still not posted. :) So you should be getting a respond soon! Good luck!

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Oh, I totally know how you feel. In fact, reading and keeping up with this forum is addicting no matter if you're having luck with this process or coming up against obstacles every step of the way. It's the camaraderie and all.

You're manually checking e-CAS? You've signed up for e-CAS tracker already, right? I only check e-CAS when the tracker emails me.
That is, true! It is addicting; I spend more time on here that I do on Facebook! And there are no pictures on here! :eek: lol. I wonder if I will keep coming back even after this process; I know that quite a few people do.

Im afraid I dont know how to sign up for ecas tracker; im fact I only just heard of it. That will save me like the 20 hours that it seems I now spend EACH DAY checking for an update. :-[ Can U tell me how or where to do this, pls?(a link, maybe)

Thanks ddobro2.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
karish1978 said:
Hey Spicymum,

Just wanted to update you as we are close in dates. I had received the sponsorship approval letter on June 24th and thats when they said they transfered it to Buffalo. Today when i checked ecas it finally said application received July 6th. So your should be coming up any day sooon.....

Good luck
First, congrats on the update! So u are moving on to the next level of waiting and anxiety. ;D

Second, thanks much for that info, it is quite encouraging to know that I am still within somewhat normal timelines...mayb I might get something around Friday of this week. And if I can sign up for the ecas tracker that ddobro2 mentioned, then I can relax and just wait for an alert or something.

geekneeo

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2011
AOR Received.
9-07-2011 (only confirmation from ecas application received 29-06-2011
File Transfer...
14-06-2011
Passport Req..
02-09-2011
Yeah!!! Ecas says our application was received on 29 June!!!! ....now what??? more waiting I suppose.

I havent received any emails or letters saying they received our application. The only confirmation of that is ecas.

Desert Rose

Apr 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
You're saying both your sponsorship approval and AOR (did the text of the letter include "Acknowledgement of Receipt"?) came as postal mail? Hey, congrats because that's all fine although I did think sponsorship approvals normally came electronically (and that it would especially be the case from nearby Buffalo.) As far as AOR, I've never heard of it being electronic and I've heard of Buffalo being inconsistent about whether it mails it out or not in the first place, but glad you were one of the lucky ones.

I'm a little confused when you say your e-CAS shows decision made. I'm pretty sure that a "decision made" is on behalf of the VO (Buffalo), and so it obviously means the rest of the application has already been transferred to Buffalo (since transfer to Buffalo must predate Buffalo making a decision).
??? Hopefully, I haven't misunderstood your explanation....
It might have been my explanation and confusion surrounding acronym's.

This is from ecas:
Sponsored Person | Sponsorship Application Status | Permanent Residence Application Status
(husband's name) | Decision Made | Not Available

I click on hubby's name and I see:

We received your application to sponsor (husband) on May 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 5, 2011.

We sent you a letter on July 5, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The letter which through Canada Post we received before e-mail (in fact we've never received an e-mail of anything yet), the first thing we've got from the government (Case Processing Centre/CPC in Mississauga) says this:

"This letter refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (husband).

We are pleased to advise that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly the undertaking and Application for Permanent Residence have been forwarded to the Visa Office in BUFFALO for further processing. It has been noted that you would like the application processed at the Detroit office."

Tells me several paragraphs about my responsibilities as a sponsor, and goes on later to tell me:

"This letter confirms receipt of the processing fee."

So I presume that our app is just awaiting transfer to Buffalo?