+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2011 Application- Process and Timeline

May 16, 2011
Hi to All Mayians,
Here is my situation and I look for your kind advices and time predictions. I am also may 2011 applicant. I have got 'in process' at the end of Sep 2011 and in a couple of days after that my VO sent me my Medicals, but unfortunately the ordinary postal service lost my medicals at that time and I discovered it recently. My VO sent the medicals second time, i went through examination this week and my doctor sent the docs to Medical section of London VO, these were sent by reliable courier service, docs should arrive there tomorrow or 30 January.
My question: will my VO send the RPRF as a next stage? How long can it take? Do they send by ordinary post or it is just e-mail request? I am afraid to loose docs second time :(. My VO is Ankara and as i guess/understand the process it will be London office which will make final decision on my passing medical check and then inform Ankara, and only after that Ankara office may send RPRF, does it happen that way?

abhishekgoel007

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2011
Canada > Alberta > Calgary
The Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) have announced they plan to accept even more immigrants under the Federal Skilled Worker program in 2012.

Latest news
19 January 2012 New Immigration Group created to welcome immigrants and refugees to Canada
05 January 2012 Canadian Tourism Commission encourages Indians to visit Canada
05 January 2012 Canada's Federal Skilled Worker visa program is filling up fast - Apply now!
02 January 2012 Canadian Immigration opportunities for biologists and related scientists
In its report to the Parliament of Canada, CIC has indicated that in 2010 they admitted over 280,000 immigrants, an increase of over 11.3 percent over the previous year, and the highest number of immigrants in the last 50 years. Around 67 percent of those admitted were economic immigrants with 40 percent of these being Federal Skilled workers.

In 2012, Canadian immigration plans to accept 55,000–57,000 Federal Skilled Workers, which is up from 47,000–47,400 in 2011. The Canadian government stressed that these additional numbers will help meet market demand, as well as reduce the backlog of applicants for the skilled worker immigration program from previous years.

The Federal Skilled Worker Program is Canada's most popular immigration route for immigrants to obtain permanent residency. Under this program, potential candidates are awarded points for their ability to adapt and contribute to Canada's economic development. In order to be eligible you must either:
have a job offer with an eligible employer;
have been legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student; or
be a skilled worker with at least one year of experience in one or more eligible Canadian skilled occupations within the last ten years.

In a recent speech, Citizenship and Immigration Minister Jason Kenney expressed his optimism about the program and about Canadian immigration, "The government's number one priority remains the economy. We recognize the importance of immigration to our labour market and we value the contributions of skilled immigrants who add to our international competitiveness."

Canadian immigration completed an extensive review of the Federal Skilled Worker Program in 2010, which seemed to suggest that the program was working well and was leading to the selection of immigrants who perform well economically. The report also found that 89 percent of Federal Skilled Workers were employed or self-employed three years after landing in Canada. This would appear to suggest a strong continuing need for skilled immigrants in Canada.

"CIC will continue to ramp up efforts to modernize our immigration system to make it more nimble and responsive to labour market needs," said Kenney.

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Ghassan.sultan said:
Today I received the MR , I am happy so much.
Thanks to all seniors in this forum, they are helping all the time.
CONGRATULATIONS Ghassan.sultan, I am very happy for you ;D ;D ;D

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
mandiebraxton said:
Nashe you are back! Where have u been? Any news from VO?
Mandie
Nope dear, still waiting for any progress.

Cheers,

Nashe

kix

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apil 06,2011
File Transfer...
July 2011
Med's Request
not yet
Guys pls help,we have done our medical already, and waiting for med received ecas status &PPR, while waiting for that,my Husband has renewed his passport.. shall we send his updated passport COPY just for their update or will wait fOr the PPR & SIMPLY SEND THE NEW ONE.?THANKS A LOT

Harsh Kavishwar

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-11
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
File Transfer...
Dnt' know
Med's Request
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
Interview........
24-05-12
Passport Req..
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
VISA ISSUED...
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
LANDED..........
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
My current status is "In process" and a line was added that the

"My application was reviewed and processing has started on 8th December"

Application received Date: 12TH May 2011
NOC 6242 (cook, chef)

I have seen a loads of April applicants getting their MR/PPR request.

My question is should I go for a case specific inquiry or its worth a wait?

Thanks in advance for any help. The wait is killing me :'(

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Harsh Kavishwar said:
My current status is "In process" and a line was added that the

"My application was reviewed and processing has started on 8th December"

Application received Date: 12TH May 2011
NOC 6242 (cook, chef)

I have seen a loads of April applicants getting their MR/PPR request.

My question is should I go for a case specific inquiry or its worth a wait?

Thanks in advance for any help. The wait is killing me :'(
...and there are loads of May applicants who have not received MR ... :p
Give it one more month then send SPE. Good luck
Mandie

Harsh Kavishwar

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-11
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
File Transfer...
Dnt' know
Med's Request
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
Interview........
24-05-12
Passport Req..
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
VISA ISSUED...
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
LANDED..........
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
mandiebraxton said:
...and there are loads of May applicants who have not received MR ... :p
Give it one more month then send SPE. Good luck
Mandie
Great!!! reply was lightning fast. One more thing I am worried about is by reading lots and lots of forum posts that. There are also thin chances of rejection after your status is "In Process"

What do yout expertise say?

And again Many thanks for your reply.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Harsh Kavishwar said:
Great!!! reply was lightning fast. One more thing I am worried about is by reading lots and lots of forum posts that. There are also thin chances of rejection after your status is "In Process"

What do yout expertise say?

And again Many thanks for your reply.
Dont start jumping until u get ur visa :p. Rest assured, you will get the MR soon.
Mandie

isidra

May 18, 2011
Cebu City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
NOC 3113 Dependent
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 9, 2011
Med's Request
January 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 30, 2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
September 2012
Hello guys!

I just want to share the good news. We got our MR already (January 10, 2012)

Along with the forms we were asked to pay for the RPRF and submit within 90 days.

So far so good. fingers are still crossed. and praying for positive results all the way... :D

Harsh Kavishwar

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-11
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
File Transfer...
Dnt' know
Med's Request
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
Interview........
24-05-12
Passport Req..
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
VISA ISSUED...
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
LANDED..........
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
isidra said:
Hello guys!

I just want to share the good news. We got our MR already (January 10, 2012)

Along with the forms we were asked to pay for the RPRF and submit within 90 days.

So far so good. fingers are still crossed. and praying for positive results all the way... :D
Way 2 go :D. Its party time.

Could you share your timeline if possible?

bhupee1227

Aug 29, 2011
Good to hear the good news all over!!!!! Cheers guys
BTW, my worries increasing more n more.......I am not able to access the eCAS from last 3 days. I tried with all the options and even send email inquiry......For the moment, I just want to access the eCAS and its not working for me....... :mad: :mad: :mad: ??? ??? ???

May 16, 2011
kix said:
Guys pls help,we have done our medical already, and waiting for med received ecas status &PPR, while waiting for that,my Husband has renewed his passport.. shall we send his updated passport COPY just for their update or will wait fOr the PPR & SIMPLY SEND THE NEW ONE.?THANKS A LOT
Kix, and Seniors,
please tell me: after medicals done do you first get POVL and then RPRF and Passport request or it is vice versa?