+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maximum possible CRS score without LMIA or PNP

pnurani

Aug 28, 2014
Hello everyone,

What according to the experts in this forum is the highest possible CRS score without having LMIA or PNP? Is it possible for someone to score 600??

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
pnurani said:
Hello everyone,

What according to the experts in this forum is the highest possible CRS score without having LMIA or PNP? Is it possible for someone to score 600??
600 is possible, though very unlikely. Such a candidate would have to be reasonably young, have a PhD, have a high score on both English <b>and</b> French language tests, and have at least 5 years of Canadian work experience. If he or she has a spouse, spouse would also need to have at least a Master's degree, a high score on an English or a French language test, and at least 5 years of Canadian work experience.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fl_pie said:
600 is possible, though very unlikely. Such a candidate would have to be reasonably young, have a PhD, have a high score on both English <b>and</b> French language tests, and have at least 5 years of Canadian work experience. If he or she has a spouse, spouse would also need to have at least a Master's degree, a high score on an English or a French language test, and at least 5 years of Canadian work experience.
i agree. any applicant in the EE with this crs score will be the elites of the elites.
im guessing there would only be a few with such high scores without lmia or pnp

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fl_pie said:
There would be no reason for such a person not to have applied and obtained permanent residency years ago (after all they would have been working in Canada for 5+ years). 560 would be a more realistic top score for a person with no LMIA nor PNP (PhD, aged 20-30, top marks for English and French, 1 year of Canadian work experience, 1+ years of foreign work experience).

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would actually still be quite difficult to earn a PHD, have 1 year skilled experience in Canada, 1 year skilled experience outside Canada and speak French & English well enough to get top marks, by age 29. I can't imagine there's many of them. In and around 500 points is probably the most likely I think

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
It would actually still be quite difficult to earn a PHD, have 1 year skilled experience in Canada, 1 year skilled experience outside Canada and speak French & English well enough to get top marks, by age 29. I can't imagine there's many of them. In and around 500 points is probably the most likely I think
Most applicants from French-speaking countries wanting to apply for PR through EE would be able to get top marks for both languages provided they're good enough at English. Also applicants from English-speaking countries who speak an intermediate/advanced level of French would also have close to the max number of language points. I agree about a PhD, work experience and the age though. It'd be very tough for someone to meet all three. I don't know. Myself for example, I got 527 points with a master's degree, age 20-29, 1 year foreign work experience, 1 year Canadian experience, French and English tests (and neither of those is my native language). What I'm worried about is that apparently many people are applying through EE for the foreign skill trades program with scores of just over 700 points (but all with LMIAs of course). It might take a long time before CIC even starts drawing people with no LMIAs.