+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maximum Points from IELTS

masimshehzad

Oct 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have got two types of understandings from different Government sites.

Please confirm which one is correct.

1. You get maximum points when you score 8 in Listening and 7 in Speaking, Reading and Writing. You can not get more points than this even if you score higher. Thats means.

Points for getting 8,7,7,7 are same as for 9,9,9,9?

2. Second understanding is that higher score you get in IELTS, higher point you get in immigration system?

3. Same about state nominations???

Please advise which one is correct

Thanks.

Reactions: samuelja

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
I have got two types of understandings from different Government sites.

Please confirm which one is correct.

1. You get maximum points when you score 8 in Listening and 7 in Speaking, Reading and Writing. You can not get more points than this even if you score higher. Thats means.

Points for getting 8,7,7,7 are same as for 9,9,9,9?

2. Second understanding is that higher score you get in IELTS, higher point you get in immigration system?

3. Same about state nominations???

Please advise which one is correct

Thanks.
Hi Masim, Yes all 3 points are upto the mark as far as I know. Lets see what the others have to say on this. Wishing you all the very best.

masimshehzad

Oct 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I have problem in understand this thing. Kindly help me.

I got following score.

Listening: 7, reading 6, writing 6 and speaking 7.

I am trying to calculate my points for eligibility.

1. If I calculate based on individual band, my score is 18. See this link for points calculation.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-language-converter.html

2. If I calculate based on a group , then its 16 score. See this link http://milestoneimmigration.com/pointcalculator.aspx

Can anyone please help me figure out this calculation. Is CLB level is assigned to a group of bands and we need to achieve a minimum score of that group? or score/CLB is cclculated individually for each band?

For example, if we calculate CLB individually for each band, then I have CLB 7,7,7,9

but If we consider it as a group and try to match minimum requirements of that group of score, then I fall in CLB 7. Thats means my score of 7,6,6,7 is same as 6,6,6,6

Anyone kindly confirm my understanding,