+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAXIMUM 20 Photos for Proof of Relationship?

Jasmine0313

Jul 15, 2021
From what I understand, when submitting an application for outland spousal sponsorship, we must provide a maximum of 20 photos as proof of our relationship... is this correct?

So if I only have 13, I don't have to stress to get more? Of course, I might try to get more anyway.

Sorry if this has been answered. I've been looking online, but a lot of questions are about people having too many photos to submit.

Also, my husband is Canadian, and I'm from the United States. I read somewhere that the burden of proof is lower for our circumstance, do you think that's true?

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

From what I understand, when submitting an application for outland spousal sponsorship, we must provide a maximum of 20 photos as proof of our relationship... is this correct?

So if I only have 13, I don't have to stress to get more? Of course, I might try to get more anyway.

Sorry if this has been answered. I've been looking online, but a lot of questions are about people having too many photos to submit.

Also, my husband is Canadian, and I'm from the United States. I read somewhere that the burden of proof is lower for our circumstance, do you think that's true?

Thank you.
1. No, 20 is a maximum. You can submit any amount up to that number.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020

Thank you.
Not really. You still have to show a genuine relationship and you still have to show that if the sponsor is outside of Canada they intend to return to Canada. The proof you need to show both though things is the same for any country.* However, there are some countries that historically have higher or lower amounts of immigration fraud or are perceived that way and applications from those countries with higher amounts of fraud, or which are perceived as having higher amounts of fraud, may be more heavily scrutinized. The actual burden of proof is the same. Definitely don't approach this with a "I can put low effort in or have the bare minimum and expect a quick and smooth process because I'm American." attitude.

*There are differences in document checklists from country to country. My understanding is that is related to what documents you'd be expected to have from various countries and due to differences in how births, marriages, and deaths are recorded.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Not going to tell you what to do, but seems implausible to me that a couple can have 'only' 13 photos. Do you not have cameraphones in your part of America? Were you born before WW1?

I'm kidding/not kidding. The photos dont have to be special or meaningful - out with friends as couples or family around helps make your case.

now of course, fine - if your 13 photos are great and show absolutely everything possible, then it's your call. Maybe seven photos mroe won't make any difference.

To add to comments from others - I think a significant amount of any advantage USA applicants might see (and it is not always the case) is criminality/security. USA/Canada coop in these areas is deep and routine and quick and trusted. (A bit similar for UK/AUS/NZ too).

Reactions: MJSPARV

tafawke

Aug 25, 2021
I actually made 20 collages of photos so I could submit more images - they ended up with maybe 100 separate images if they were all pulled apart - they didn't reject as the sponsorship has gone through and I am waiting for the portal invite (email replied to yesterday)...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you.
Seems unusual that you don”t have more than 13 photos. IRCC wants to see photos from various visits, events and situations and not only photos from one event or visit. Hopefully your 13 pictures were taken over many visits and events. If so it should be fine.