+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Max Upload limit IRCC Webform too low

Oct 19, 2018
Hello everyone.

While my PR application is in process, I went back to my country and got married to my girl there. So I emailed IRCC to inquire on how to add my spouse to my application. They got back to me by saying I can definitely do that by submitting an add-on request with the following forms/documents via the IRCC webform.
I have gotten all the forms and documents ready. Now when I tried to submit an add-on request via IRCC webform, the max total upload size limit there is 3.5 MB. Within which I can not even upload all the forms let alone the required documents. I tried compressing the forms/documents but they get blurry and I don't comfortable submitting them.

Can some one please advise me on how should I proceed with this?

Thanks and regards,
Bilal Shaikh

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hello everyone.

While my PR application is in process, I went back to my country and got married to my girl there. So I emailed IRCC to inquire on how to add my spouse to my application. They got back to me by saying I can definitely do that by submitting an add-on request with the following forms/documents via the IRCC webform.
I have gotten all the forms and documents ready. Now when I tried to submit an add-on request via IRCC webform, the max total upload size limit there is 3.5 MB. Within which I can not even upload all the forms let alone the required documents. I tried compressing the forms/documents but they get blurry and I don't comfortable submitting them.

Thanks and regards,
Bilal Shaikh
Use either of following:

Oct 19, 2018
Send multiple CSE's up to 3.5MB each if the documents are too blurry after compressing.
I can do multiple CSE's. Btw, by CSE's you mean IRCC Webform, right?

Should I send the letter of explanation in the first time and include in it the information of all the forms I am sending to them?

for instance inclusion of a sentence below in the LOE,

'I will be sending forms and all the documents via separate webforms.'

Please advise.

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I can do multiple CSE's. Btw, by CSE's you mean IRCC Webform, right?

Should I send the letter of explanation in the first time and include in it the information of all the forms I am sending to them?

for instance inclusion of a sentence below in the LOE,

'I will be sending forms and all the documents via separate webforms.'

Please advise.
Yes CSE is via webform that you referring. You can send in multiple and can write that sentence in LOE. No worries! Gud luck

Reactions: BilalAndShaikh

monilshah47

Jan 26, 2019
Did u submit via multiple webforms finally? i have the same query
if yes, In how many days did u get the receipt of documents confirmation by ircc?

Oct 19, 2018
Did u submit via multiple webforms finally? i have the same query
if yes, In how many days did u get the receipt of documents confirmation by ircc?
Yes, I did 3 submissions in total. I received the confirmation email for each submission in about 3-5 days. 3-5 days because I didn't receive confirmation for all of them in the same day. In their confirmation email, they list the documents they received so you know which submission they are referring to. Hope that answers your question and Good luck to you!

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hello everyone.

Thanks and regards,
Bilal Shaikh
Hello,
I received exact same email from CIC now that I am also adding spouse before landing. I will follow same 3 web form strategy with mention in Letter of explanation. Thanks for that.

My query: They did not ask for marriage photos or relationship questionnaire. Do we still need to attach photos in Letter of explanation for their reference. Or photos are not required at all?
Do they ask for photos at later stage or no?

Please let me know.
Thanks

Oct 19, 2018
Hello,
I received exact same email from CIC now that I am also adding spouse before landing. I will follow same 3 web form strategy with mention in Letter of explanation. Thanks for that.

My query: They did not ask for marriage photos or relationship questionnaire. Do we still need to attach photos in Letter of explanation for their reference. Or photos are not required at all?
Do they ask for photos at later stage or no?

Please let me know.
Thanks
Hey,
They did not ask me for pictures either, however, I am treating it as a known fact. I have spoken to a lot of people who sponsored their spouse and all of them told me that they included those as part of evidence.
I am not sure if you have to include them in your letter of reference. What I did was made a PDF of them and send it separately. I did refer the pdf file name in the letter though and wrote what they are.
I hope this helps you. Good luck.

P.S. IRCC still haven't gotten back to me yet, so I am speaking from other people experience and not mine.

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hey,
They did not ask me for pictures either, however, I am treating it as a known fact. I have spoken to a lot of people who sponsored their spouse and all of them told me that they included those as part of evidence.
I am not sure if you have to include them in your letter of reference. What I did was made a PDF of them and send it separately. I did refer the pdf file name in the letter though and wrote what they are.
I hope this helps you. Good luck.

P.S. IRCC still haven't gotten back to me yet, so I am speaking from other people experience and not mine.
Thank you for your detailed response.
Well, I haven’t attached photos in Letter of explanation and submitted documents yesterday.
So, if I may ask, did they ask for spouse’s medical and biometrics for your case already or you have not heard anything ever since you uploaded documents?

Oct 19, 2018
Thank you for your detailed response.
Well, I haven’t attached photos in Letter of explanation and submitted documents yesterday.
So, if I may ask, did they ask for spouse’s medical and biometrics for your case already or you have not heard anything ever since you uploaded documents?
I haven't heard back from them as of yet. Expecting something in June!

jaguarWR246

May 19, 2019
Hi Friends,

I am asked to upload the documents before june 3rd 2019 and today is already 20th may. I am in the same issue i.e the size of the documents
i tried my best to compress them below 4 but i am not able to do it.

Could you please suggest me if i have to upload them via CSE and a LOE [i may require 2 CSE because of size]
Also i have a doubt where should i pay the application fee, as i am not able to see any buttons for fee payment [may be because the upload stage i am not able to get through]

even if i upload via CSE will they take my forms and enable the payment link ? since my deadline is fast approaching i am very much anxious about this

Please advice

Thank you

Oct 19, 2018
Hi Friends,

I am asked to upload the documents before june 3rd 2019 and today is already 20th may. I am in the same issue i.e the size of the documents
i tried my best to compress them below 4 but i am not able to do it.

Could you please suggest me if i have to upload them via CSE and a LOE [i may require 2 CSE because of size]
Also i have a doubt where should i pay the application fee, as i am not able to see any buttons for fee payment [may be because the upload stage i am not able to get through]

even if i upload via CSE will they take my forms and enable the payment link ? since my deadline is fast approaching i am very much anxious about this

Please advice

Thank you
Yes, as discussed, you'll have to do multiple CSE submissions and should include an LOE.
As for fee payment, you should be able to find some guidance in IRCC website, which will include a link on where to pay the fee for what purpose.
This is where I did mine > https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10070
Once you pay the fee, download the receipt and submit it as a part of the document submission (CSE). You can choose to mention that in LOE as well.
Good luck!