+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mature Student

saurabhshah

Nov 9, 2013
Dear All,

I am 36 years old. I graduated in Science (majoring in Chemistry) in 1997. But since my graduation, I am doing my job in Finance Field. Presently, I am working in a Finance (Shares & Stock) Company as a Branch Manager. My duties include Sales, Marketing & Administration work. I have cleared my IELTS with 6.5 bands & got unconditional offer letter from Conestoga College, Ontario in Global Business Management Programme. Done GIC 2 days back & my real sister lives in Vancouver, BC.

Considering all the above facts, am I eligible for student visa or not ???

All senior members are requested to share their views.

Thanks in advance.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U have to search for that. You can also consider provincial nominee.
Best way is if your sister can sponsor you..
saurabhshah said:
under which NOC ????

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Simkr said:
U have to search for that. You can also consider provincial nominee.
Best way is if your sister can sponsor you..
It's not possible for the sister to sponsor.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saurabhshah said:
Dear All,

I am 36 years old. I graduated in Science (majoring in Chemistry) in 1997. But since my graduation, I am doing my job in Finance Field. Presently, I am working in a Finance (Shares & Stock) Company as a Branch Manager. My duties include Sales, Marketing & Administration work. I have cleared my IELTS with 6.5 bands & got unconditional offer letter from Conestoga College, Ontario in Global Business Management Programme. Done GIC 2 days back & my real sister lives in Vancouver, BC.

Considering all the above facts, am I eligible for student visa or not ???

All senior members are requested to share their views.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Saurabh

I am not sure why everybody is saying that its not a good idea for u to try for a visa. I believe age has a lot to do with it.......if i am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

However, I do not agree with others. I was a mature student too.....34 years when I had applied for my masters prog in Canada and I got my student visa very easily. In fact, I did not submit a SOP nor did I even have to give IELTS. So, let me assure you again - age has nothing to do with you getting a visa.

Having said that, you STILL have to ensure that your studies is a progression of your career. If you have been working as a branch manager for some years, I do not see the course that you are applying for as something that would benefit you or help you progress in your career. I may be mistaken but thats how I see your choice of course.

A masters degree is something that you should be applying for - maybe, MBA in finance from a reputable college in Canada. That, according to me, will tie up your career/study choice better.

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Hopefulagain said:
Hi Saurabh

I am not sure why everybody is saying that its not a good idea for u to try for a visa. I believe age has a lot to do with it.......if i am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

However, I do not agree with others. I was a mature student too.....34 years when I had applied for my masters prog in Canada and I got my student visa very easily. In fact, I did not submit a SOP nor did I even have to give IELTS. So, let me assure you again - age has nothing to do with you getting a visa.

Having said that, you STILL have to ensure that your studies is a progression of your career. If you have been working as a branch manager for some years, I do not see the course that you are applying for as something that would benefit you or help you progress in your career. I may be mistaken but thats how I see your choice of course.

A masters degree is something that you should be applying for - maybe, MBA in finance from a reputable college in Canada. That, according to me, will tie up your career/study choice better.
Agreed...

Also, you have some family ties in Canada. Not very good for ur profile as it hints "not returning to home country after studies" phenomena.. a strong case can back that up...

masters definetly.. with SOP sayin ur solid plans to come back n use the benefit of ur education..