+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mature FD as POF

abhi_001

Jun 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

My e Apr date is 10-Oct-2019 and the tentative date of PR process completion is in the month of April-2020. My question is related to POF where one of my FDs recently got matured and credited to my savings account.

1) Do I need to inform IRCC about this?

2) Do I need to make another FD. If I do so, the FD number will not be the same as given in the bank letter.

Can somebody advise basis his/her experiences.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi Guys,

My e Apr date is 10-Oct-2019 and the tentative date of PR process completion is in the month of April-2020. My question is related to POF where one of my FDs recently got matured and credited to my savings account.

1) Do I need to inform IRCC about this?

2) Do I need to make another FD. If I do so, the FD number will not be the same as given in the bank letter.

Can somebody advise basis his/her experiences.
Since, the FD does not exist any more and your funds have been liquidated.
Options, you have,
1. Make another FD with the same or more funds and inform the IRCC about your maturity and liquidation and submit new documents that shows the maturity and creation of new FD.

2. Let the funds remain as it is in your account and let IRCC know about your maturity and submit to them a bank letter confirming the amount of funds in your account. The new statement should reflect the maturity and the new funds and you be able to maintain those funds in your account until you land.

abhi_001

Jun 15, 2018
Since, the FD does not exist any more and your funds have been liquidated.
Options, you have,
1. Make another FD with the same or more funds and inform the IRCC about your maturity and liquidation and submit new documents that shows the maturity and creation of new FD.

2. Let the funds remain as it is in your account and let IRCC know about your maturity and submit to them a bank letter confirming the amount of funds in your account. The new statement should reflect the maturity and the new funds and you be able to maintain those funds in your account until you land.
Thank you dotslash227 for your quick reply..As suggested, in case I opt for the option 1, then I would go for renewal of FD. So, do I need to request another fresh POF letter from the bank or Bank statement is suffice.. Also, how can I inform the IRCC about this fresh FD as I already filed my application [how can I reach out to them]. Thank you well in advance...

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thank you dotslash227 for your quick reply..As suggested, in case I opt for the option 1, then I would go for renewal of FD. So, do I need to request another fresh POF letter from the bank or Bank statement is suffice.. Also, how can I inform the IRCC about this fresh FD as I already filed my application [how can I reach out to them]. Thank you well in advance...
You would need a new bank letter and statements, both. You can inform IRCC by raising a query using the webform. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Okay........and what about in case of auto renewal of FD. Do the same steps required to be followed??
I don't think you would need to update them in case of auto-renewal, because your FD account number is usually the same if it gets auto-renewed.

RahulBhave123

Sep 5, 2018

Hi,

Did you submitted new fd? As my fd is also matured and I have submitted my application in month of july. Do I need to inform them about my fd maturity ?

abhi_001

Jun 15, 2018
Hi,

Did you submitted new fd? As my fd is also matured and I have submitted my application in month of july. Do I need to inform them about my fd maturity ?
Yes I had submitted the fresh fd details along with fresh POF letter on the IRCC web forum. Would suggest you to go this way and apprise them of your latest fund status.