+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maternity / Parental Leave during Implied Status

SahilR

Jul 7, 2019
Pregnancy does not influence processing times.
Thanks for your advice, hope to get my BOWP soon as possible before expiring date , I will try to call Alberta health on Monday .. I am living in Alberta since 2016 and my wife since 2019 they should help us .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your advice, hope to get my BOWP soon as possible before expiring date , I will try to call Alberta health on Monday .. I am living in Alberta since 2016 and my wife since 2019 they should help us .
How long you live in a province doesn't impact whether you qualify for healthcare.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Sure I would call on Monday ..I am on BOWP right now and it’s still valid until November

My BOWP expiring on November so I will apply for an extension on august 2021 hope to get my BOWP in 3/4 months period time ? I am still waiting for my Pr application so we have tell to IRCC about pregnancy? They can accelerate my file or not ?
Expired temporary work or study permits or visitor records

If you are a temporary foreign worker and have received an acknowledgment letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that confirms you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions until a specific date, Alberta Health will accept that letter as a new permit and continue to provide AHCIP coverage to the date stated. These letters can be taken to an authorized registry agent office for processing, but must accompany your latest work permit. If you have family members who have applied to extend their IRCCdocuments, please bring confirmation their applications were received by IRCC so they may be extended as well.

If your temporary work or study permit or visitor record is expiring soon or has expired, you may be provided with an extension of your AHCIP coverage while you wait for your new document from IRCC. You must:

• be currently living in Alberta
  • be recently enrolled in AHCIP coverage
  • have not received a denial from IRCC regarding your application to extend
  • be able to provide the date of application and the application number from IRCC that confirms you applied to extend your work or study permit or visitor record before the expiration date
If you meet the above, contact the AHCIP General Inquiries line at 780-427-1432from the Edmonton area, or 310-0000 then 780-427-1432 from elsewhere in Alberta. Our office is open from 8:15 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding holidays).

If you were granted an extension of your AHCIP coverage as above and it has been longer than 6 months since you applied with IRCC to extend your stay, please contact IRCC regarding the delay. You will not be eligible for another extension of AHCIP coverage.

If it has been less than 6 months and you still meet the requirements above, you may email health.ahcipmail@gov.ab.ca to request a second extension and include:

• confirmation of your employment – pay stub or letter from your employer
  • confirmation of your full-time student status – letter from the registrar’s office
  • a copy of the confirmation from IRCC that they received your request to extend
  • any other information that may be pertinent
Note: applying for Permanent Resident Status alone does not grant you an extension of your AHCIP coverage.

https://www.alberta.ca/ahcip-temporary-residents.aspx

SahilR

Jul 7, 2019
It is very unusual to need a 3rd BOWP. Is your job still on the list of NOCs in demand? For example many jobs associated with tourism and hospitality are no longer needed in Alberta.
my code 6211 no idea for that ! so are you thinking I’ll getting my Pr ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my code 6211 no idea for that ! so are you thinking I’ll getting my Pr ?
Have their been any changes to your employment since the pandemic? Reduced hours, layoff, etc.? Is it very clear that you are an actual supervisor. It is well known that many retail locations give out supervisor titles to employees for immigration purposes when there is no need for a supervisor because of the number of employees/size of store or the owner takes on many of the supervisor duties. I have no idea if Alberta is purposefully slowing applications from certain sectors. Retail is one of the sectors impacted by the pandemic. It is very unusual to see people applying for their 3rd BOWP which is why I am asking. Have you ordered GCMS notes?

SahilR

Jul 7, 2019
Have their been any changes to your employment since the pandemic? Reduced hours, layoff, etc.? Is it very clear that you are an actual supervisor. It is well known that many retail locations give out supervisor titles to employees for immigration purposes when there is no need for a supervisor because of the number of employees/size of store or the owner takes on many of the supervisor duties. I have no idea if Alberta is purposefully slowing applications from certain sectors. Retail is one of the sectors impacted by the pandemic. It is very unusual to see people applying for their 3rd BOWP which is why I am asking. Have you ordered GCMS notes?
I don’t have any idea about that ..I am full time supervisor pandemic reduced my hours a lil bit but I am still working with same company for almost 4 years now..I ordered gcms notes still waiting for the note ..hope to get it soon as possible

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don’t have any idea about that ..I am full time supervisor pandemic reduced my hours a lil bit but I am still working with same company for almost 4 years now..I ordered gcms notes still waiting for the note ..hope to get it soon as possible
Did you advise IRCC of your change in hours? Any change is required to be reported.

ZRH

Jul 11, 2021
Can I apply to maternity leave under implied status? . My study permit is expiring this week, and I already applied for my PGWP two months ago. But do you think the covid temporary relief is still ongoing?. Because due to covid I am not going to have 600 hours before my due date.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can I apply to maternity leave under implied status? . My study permit is expiring this week, and I already applied for my PGWP two months ago. But do you think the covid temporary relief is still ongoing?. Because due to covid I am not going to have 600 hours before my due date.
How many hours will you have? Normally you need status to get maternity benefits.

Rajnj

Jun 14, 2023
I am got my work permit and now i have to apply my husband SOWP. But at this time am on maternity leave and am delivered baby in c- section last month and doctor told me at least 3 month don’t do any work.my husband status will expire in july. In this situation,How i can apply my husband visa.

Reactions: C_vitamin

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
I am got my work permit and now i have to apply my husband SOWP. But at this time am on maternity leave and am delivered baby in c- section last month and doctor told me at least 3 month don’t do any work.my husband status will expire in july. In this situation,How i can apply my husband visa.
Hello,
You just need employment letter to apply SOWP. Employer need to indicate This person working for us since…
As I know they don’t require 3 paystubs since covid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The doctor is indicating that you shouldn’t do any physician labour for 3 months you can still work. Many in the US get maximum 2 months of leave, often unpaid, in the US. As indicated you will need to provide proof that you are still employed by your current employer just on maternity leave. Would provide confirmation that you are still employed by your current employer and your scheduled return date from maternity leave.