+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maternity Leave After Apply PNP NB

xuguanlan

Aug 8, 2014
Hi, everyone,

I applied PNP NB in August 2013 and in October I found out I am pregnant. This was approved by the provincial government. I only worked for an employer from April 2013 to January 2014 because I had to start my maternity leave early due to my healthy problem. I had a baby this June. Now I received a letter from the office asking my status from August 2013 to present.

I am worried my maternity leave will affect the result of my application since I had no work from January to present. Does anyone know anything about this? If it is true this will affect my reult?

Thank you very much.

Guanlan

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
If you are only on maternity leave, you are still an employee of the company. So it should not be an issue.

However, if you leave the company, it may be an issue.

xuguanlan

Aug 8, 2014
karenv said:
If you are only on maternity leave, you are still an employee of the company. So it should not be an issue.

However, if you leave the company, it may be an issue.
I left the company cause the boss is really meant to me after my pregnancy. I am really comfused, how would they know if I am employed by the company or not? Are they going to call my boss and ask? When I submitted my application, my position was a permanent one.

What should I do to reduce the risk?

Thank you.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Personally I think CIC can call your employer anytime if they want to verify the information. In my opinions, you should tell them the truth and explain what happened. For me, you have made a right choice for your baby. Your baby should be the first priority over the work. You did nothing wrong.

If they discover that you are telling a lie, you can be banned for two years.

xuguanlan

Aug 8, 2014
karenv said:
Personally I think CIC can call your employer anytime if they want to verify the information. In my opinions, you should tell them the truth and explain what happened. For me, you have made a right choice for your baby. Your baby should be the first priority over the work. You did nothing wrong.

If they discover that you are telling a lie, you can be banned for two years.
Thank you. I am not going to lie, and I will tell the truth: I started my maternity leave in Jan, I am just worried. And I am working on my Accounting designation during my maternity leave, and I am in Step 2 now. Is this gonna help me?

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
I was in your shoes when I was applying for my PR. My PNP officer said that she would nominate me but I should resume work after I finish my maternity and paternity leave which is almost for a year. I applied for my PR and thank God got it before I finished my paternity leave.

I always feared that my employer would fire me during my pregnancy. But, from what I know they can not fire you when you go on a maternity leave.

I would suggest you go for paternity leave and be off work and in the mean while you should get your PR. When you PNP officer calls you just let her know that you are on paternity leave now and will resume work once it is over.

However, it is a different story if they decide to call your employer.